Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 8, 2012
The Throwbacks embraces the time when a woman can be beautiful, flirty, sexy and intelligent. Grace eludes all those characteristics. David is the man that tries deeply to deny himself of her charms. He is tall, dark and handsome. He is a man whose life has had its share of turmoil. David has been transferred to Boston to work as part of the Scotland Yard Exchange Program. This is a tale of suspense with a twist of delicious sultry passion. You won't soon forget David, Grace and all the other characters that make this book such a fantastic read. I loved it! Thank you Stephanie Queen
on December 31, 2011
The Throwbacks is a funny, quirky, fall-in-love with the characters type of book. Ms. Queen has done a wonderful job developing the characters. Grace is light and fluffy; David is dark and reserved. Perfect match! May-December love stories are so few and far between. It was great to find this one and to totally enjoy it at the same time. Kudos to Stephanie Queen. I'll be looking for the other books in the series.
on December 5, 2011
This was a fun, romantic book from the first page. I loved how the older Scotland Yard cop who was on loan to the Boston PD really fell for the younger woman, head over heels actually, and fought it the entire book. The way they met and clicked began the story which moved so smoothly from one scene to the next that I couldn't put it down. The chemistry between David and Grace was wonderful. The other characters added to the story and each was perfect in his/her supporting role. David had a lot of baggage to overcome, and Grace's background and hopes for the future only added to the pressure. She was such a sweetheart I was rooting for her from the beginning. I recommend this book, but be prepared to let other things slide until you reach the end.
on May 27, 2012
The writing style fits this story perfectly, giving a retro feel with plenty of dry humor. The Beacon Hill Boston setting is well done and the mystery element plays out nicely with plenty of twists and turns involving a whole bunch of interesting secondary characters. But what makes this book so compelling is the two main characters. I adored Grace, a very distinctive heroine with her Marilyn looks--and perfect for the story. It's really difficult to write 'nice' heroines well. They so often come across as too perfect or boring but Grace is lovely. With her genuine nature and sweetness you just have to love her. David is great as well.I really felt bad for him. His awful past experience concerning his wife is the sort of thing that must destroy one emotionally. I loved watching him go back and forth in his head between doing what he thought he should at his age and following his heart. Very satisfying the way the plot sort of came full circle to make him face his fears again at the end. A lovely blend of romance and mystery with a good dose of humor!
on December 6, 2011
Following in her humorous style, Stephanie has created yet another great read in her second book. The witty charm and intrigue make this a delight to read. The characters are most enjoyable. I hope there will be another book to follow soon. Stella Marie
on May 27, 2013
It's a cute concept and a cute read.. I couldn't put it down but I wasn't in love with it.. The only thing was that it was way too fast but most of these romance novels take place in like a week! Lol.. But this one was definitely a little faster. I loved David and Grace. The age difference issue was a different twist and how Grace was always at the right place at the wrong time was kind of funny! I enjoyed it but didn't love it.
on November 15, 2012
An unusual book. The beginning drew me right in. A sweet and whimsical romantic mystery. I really enjoyed it. The only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 was because the second quarter of it seemed somewhat awkward and dragged a bit. I am so glad I pushed through that section, though, because I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
on January 30, 2013
If you liked The Hot Shots,you will love this light entertaining book too.
Stephanie Queen writes another hit,in my opinion.Keeps you interested and it is a book you can putdown and pickup very easily. Loved it.
on February 18, 2013
Romance, mystery, humor, this book had it all! The Throwbacks was a sweet intrigueing book, the first in the Scotland Yard Exchange Program series. I'm buying book 2 today and looking into her other books.
on July 24, 2013
This was the first book I have read by this author and it will certainly not be my last! I fell in love with the quirky, effervescent Grace and and charming, sexy older Scotland Yard Inspector David! Their whirlwind romance was deeply moving and sweetly sensual without being explicit! I could hardly put it down! I highly recommend this as a MUST READ for romance lovers!!