5.0 out of 5 stars The "real McCoy", July 8, 2012
J. Preston (San Juan Mountains) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Throwbridge's Grafting Wax - 1 Pound
This is genuine, old-fashioned, grafting wax. This wax is primarily bees-wax with a few stabilizers added to enhance its moldability. At a pound, the price on this listing is a real bargain.

Beeswax is the oldest, and most reliable means of sealing a graft against infection, dehydration and misalignment.

Since this wax is made primarily from beeswax, you can mold it and shape it around the graft most of the time just with the heat of your hand. Sometimes, I use a candle or oil lamp to further allow the wax to infuse the outside of the graft.

Grafting can be tricky. It helps to cut the grafts from the plant with an ultra sharp (preferably titanium) sheers. Fiskars 9921 Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip. Once you have the two plant segments ready to graft (I use disposable, sterile scalpels the cut the graft contours) Medline Surgical Disposable Scalpels - Size 10 - Qty of 10 - Model MDS15210 you can apply this wax to directly to the graft. I usually extend the wax around the graft for at least an inch on either side of the graft and mold it carefully to the stem without disturbing the graft. I usually perform the grafts in the early morning when the temperatures are relatively low.

As the day progresses, and the air temperature warms, the wax becomes very pliable and you can finish the molding to the joined pieces without having to use extra heat.

Beeswax (used for this wax) is antiseptic, completely inert to plants, and provides an incomparable seal for the graft to grow disease free. You'll probably want to also use some grafting tape in your techniques, depending on the size of the plant parts you are joining. Nurserymen's Tape - 1/2" x 60 YD. NURSERYMEN'S TAPE

This grafting wax also works well for dressing tree wounds, or, as a pruning seal to keep out mold, fungus and insects.

This is the finest grafting wax you can find. It's formula has withstood the test of time. At this price, you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for what it does, November 26, 2008
ross732 "ross732" (Brielle, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Throwbridge's Grafting Wax - 1 Pound
I had a recipe to make my own and then I bought this instead. It works pretty well and Im glad I bought it. I wish it was an amazon free super saver shipping item but its still a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars wax, March 3, 2012
This review is from: Throwbridge's Grafting Wax - 1 Pound
purchased a one pound package of grafting wax is a very good product..throwbridge grafting wax is the best of all.

4.0 out of 5 stars good grafting wax, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Throwbridge's Grafting Wax - 1 Pound
i grafted several mango varieties on a mango tree and i got four so far. i think this grafting wax is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Throwbridge's Grafting Wax - 1 Pound
Product is great. Works as intended for cleft and other types grafting. I prefer the this wax when I am sealing the end of stump as part of top working a fruit tree. I occasionally use it as a "paint" to coat the entire scion. I use parafilm tape when I splice graft. To use this wax you would have to secure the two the scion and rootstock together prior to coating with this type of wax.

Throwbridge's Grafting Wax - 1 Pound