Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on March 16, 2012
I had such high hopes for this case. From the pictures, it looks to be a metal case covered in a thick type of black rubber. I read numerous forum postings throughout the internet say that *this* was the case to get. So, I ordered it after I got my Vita.. within two days of ordering I got an e-mail from Amazon stating that the item would be delayed indefinitely. Wanting this case, I waited and two weeks later got an e-mail saying that the case had been shipped. I just got it in the mail two hours ago and am extremely disappointed. I had high hopes for this case. While it does an excellent job of protecting the Vita, it is not rubber nor metal - plastic and foam, through and through. The inside slots designed to hold my games are warped and one of them doesn't hold the game properly at all.. it just falls out.

The Vita, however, fits very snugly. I'm certain that this case would definitely protect the vita from a significant fall - but I don't think the case itself would survive a fall of more than 5 or six feet. The plastic on this case would most certainly break - at a bare minimum, the silver paint would chip. But it does what it's intended - protecting the Vita. For the price, this case isn't worth it.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to go through the trouble to return this especially after waiting for three weeks. If you're looking for a case for your Vita, this one is sufficient, but you can get much better for cheaper.

If this case were priced at $15 I would say it's a fairly good deal.. anything more than that - you're better off getting something else.
33 comments22 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2012
I wanted a hard plastic case that will protect my PS VITA when its in my backpack. I also have the Ps Vita Aluminum Case (Blue) on it. Because of its foam interior it stretches I still have room to put my unit inside Thrustmaster.

Some people may have complained that the plastic is not very strong. I can see the plastic latches that lock the lid in place is not very high tech. But I can tell you this, I can drop books, tools, or other heavy electronics in my backpack without worrying about my Vita.

This case was not designed for you to carry with your own hands as you walk around. If you want to do that get a cloth/foam carrying case with built in hand straps. Thrustmaster is designed to protect your VITA when its in your backpack getting banged around as your hunting or hiking.
on March 16, 2012
I liked this case when I first saw it advertised because it looked like it would provide secure protection for my Vita. I finally received it today and based on some other reviews I was a little nervous about whether I would be happy with it or not. Having actually used it now I for one happen to like the case. It holds the vita in place snugly, but in no way could it 'hurt' the unit, as another reviewer suggested. Yes, it is made of plastic, but what were people expecting for 30 bucks? According to the manufacturer the unit is designed so that it will not interfere with connectivity while it is in the case, which is probably why it is plastic and not metal. The case is more than enough protection unless you are planning on taking it with you rock climbing and dropping it more than 15 feet.

If you want a case with some extra padding for protection, a 'lockable' enclosure, that is light and sturdy then you will be very happy with the Thrustmaster. If you want a real 'gun case' then plan on having one custom made, as that is not what this case is.
on October 29, 2012
I'm one of those girls who just tosses everything into my never-ending purse without the slightest care. I also always buy screen protectors for my devices, but I frequently would have to get them replaced due to the damage they received from being lugged around in my bag with me.
Although I still purchased a screen protector for my Vita, with this product, I know that I'm completely justified in tossing it into my bag quickly before class. It protects both your system and games from significant damage and scratches. Also, I have been caught numerous times throwing my purse onto the floor, completely forgetting about my Vita; with the Thrustmaster case, it is still in mint condition, and even the case itself has survived fairly significant falls.
If you're wary about the protection of your new system, which you definitely should be, the Thrustmaster case is a very smart buy!
on March 19, 2012
I just received this case in the mail. I was so excited to get it because if we are going to spend 250 plus dollars on a game system, I would want to put it in something that will protect it. I am not disappointed. I have read all the reviews on this so far and the negative ones are just plain stupid. I don't know what they thought there were getting in the mail, but this product is exactly as promised. The Vita fits in nice and snug. there are no dangers of damaging the Vita's triggers if you have common sense and know they are supposed to be inserted first. The games fit perfectly into the game holders. I have no idea what the other two holders are for. i will look into that though. I have no negatives to say about this product and I recommend it for anyone who has a Vita.
on July 9, 2012
I ordered this case, my PS Vita Wi-Fi, a memory card (4gb), Wipeout 2048 (amazon had a brief moment in which they were selling them for $20. SCORE!!) and Little Deviants. I took the case out. Yes, it's plastic. For $19 I wasn't expecting metal (which I wouldn't want near my Vita anyway, but maybe that's just me). It's a very sturdy case. It's been dropped already (my dog knocked it off the sofa) and the Vita was perfectly fine. So as far as I'm concerned, it's already money well spent. The hinges are sturdy and excellent, the locking mechanism slides from unlocked to locked but never locked to unlocked so who really cares, and it's a snug fit for the Vita, not permitting any wiggle room. AND it holds games. As someone who will buy the physical games, I love that aspect. They're smaller than the Nintendo DS games so it's nice to know they're secure and my dog can't get them in his mouth.

So I love it. In gaming you have to release your creds, so here goes-
First system was a Sega Genesis when I was 6 or so; then I got a Nintendo Gameboy (the original badboy).
Next was the Gameboy Pocket, the Gameboy Color, the N64, the Game Boy Advance, the Game Boy Advance SP, the Gamecube, the Playstation 2, the Nintendo DS (yes, the original incredibly huge one), the NDS Lite, the Wii, the PS3, and now the PS Vita.

I have dropped every single one of my handheld systems at some point in my life (I'm now 24), so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to dropping your stuff. The Gameboys I was never worried about; those suckers are TOUGH. My DS Lite was the first handheld to have a case- it was just a clear plastic case to cover the outside of the DS from wear. It served its purpose. The Vita doesn't have that rough and tumble edge to it, and I like holding it, no case on it, no stickers, no nothing, just in my hands, so I got a case for it. And it's working great.
on July 28, 2012
I'm giving it 3 stars because it does what its supposed to. The build material is definitely cheap but it holds my vita and games securely. for half the price this goes for it would be worth it. What ruins it is that it just looks cheap. From the top it's not bad because it has a kind of a roughened surface. If the entire case had that finish it would look way better. The gray stripe along the long perimeter is very poor quality plastic and it's noticeable. The latches on mine are kind of tough to slide open and close and feel cheap. As nice as the vita is this case just doesn't do it justice. I think i'm gonna make my own out of a Pelican 1060 (about the same price) and some foam and put this on ebay for you guessed it... cheap.
on April 10, 2012
The case does exactly what it is advertised it will do; protects your PS Vita very well from any substantial fall, keeps it in place very snug and works like a charm for throwing it in a backpack care-free. The case looks very cool and the closing brackets work well. My only (irrelevant, really) gripe is that the outer rim looks very plastic-y, and the overall feel isn't SUPER solid, but it will take a beating before your Vita is even scratched.
on January 10, 2013
I really expected it to be made of metal and misunderstood it being "based on military luggage". But all in all, its a very nice case. It fits the Vita snug, so it doesn't shake in the case, same with the games it can hold.

I feel it does, however, interfere with my Bluetooth a little, even though it claims not to.

All in all, I think its worth its price
on June 23, 2012
Getting to the point, this case will protect your PS Vita... With that said, for the price it could have been made "MUCH" better. I can see how the latches and the hinges would fail within a few low level drops...
So try not to drop it as best as you can if you value your case, and more importantly, your PS Vita. Not that your Vita should be dropped anyway. ;-)