5.0 out of 5 stars Great cargo box
I learned the hard way that you need to buy the biggest cargo box that will fit on your vehicle. I upgraded to the XXL from a 1600 and there is a BIG difference. Mounted this on a Suburban and very minimal noise. It is big but able to be handled by one person using some caution. Great cargo box.
Published 18 months ago by Ryan

1.0 out of 5 stars Front opens at higher speeds
Published 16 months ago by Frankie

1.0 out of 5 stars Front opens at higher speeds, June 9, 2013
I have a new Thule Force XXL cargo box. On our first trip with the box we noticed that while driving 70 mph or faster the front of the box opens. All three locks on each side are still locked, but the front can open as much as 3-4 inches and allow wind, bugs and rain access to the contents of the box. It did not matter if the box was full, half full, or empty. Please see attached image, as you can see the front of the box opens with very little effort. Tried to contact Thule through their website ("ask a question") and got the "Sorry there is an error with your submission" no matter what information we put in. Had high hopes, very disappointed.

Update 7/3/13

Finally got a hold of Thule and found out they had a defect in a batch of the Thule Force XXL boxes. They offered to replace the unit. They also suggested going with the "sonic" series and we ended up exchanging for an Sonic XXL. Absolutely love it. No issues, works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cargo box, April 11, 2013
Ryan (South Dakota) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every $, December 30, 2013
Bought this for my yearly trip to Florida from Ct. Loaded full of suitcases,fishing equip.tools,computers,etc.
Freed up room in my suburban for my 2 labs. Mileage wasn't affected. Didn't even know it was there at 70 mph.
Warning though: never unlock both sides of Thule at the same time or the top will dislodge and it's a pain to get it aligned.
Wish I had bought it 5 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything the Doctor ordered!, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Thule Force Cargo Box, Black (Sports)
I admit that I have only had this device a short while. I'll write an update after some time has passed.

I got the XL version. It looks a lot like a photon torpedo casing from an early Star Trek movie! This version fits both my minivan and my Rav4 so there's a lot to like! My minivan could probably take the XXL version, but I probably don't need that. This cargo carrier probably can hold 6 rollerboards within. I found that the Cargo carrier was easy to set up and install out of the box. If installed properly, the "grippers" that attach to the crossbars are very secure. I did need to take one trial run to see how the crossbars and the grippers would fit. After that, securing it was cake. It does take two people to position it properly. My 5" 0," 90 lb daughter and I were able to place and replace the box without any problems.

I noticed no vibration issues at all, once installed on the vehicle. The hinge is innovative, allows good access to cargo from either side, and the locks on both sides will secure your cargo. I like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great additional road trip space, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Thule Force Cargo Box, Black (Sports)
Great additional space. Only took 10 min to install on top of my vehicle. Withstood torrential driving rains with no leaks. Highly recommend if you need additional space to haul gear on road trips

4.0 out of 5 stars it's huge!, December 3, 2013
S. Lunt (cincinnati, oh, usa) - See all my reviews
This thing is huge! We used it on our drive across the country and besides the bug splats, it's been awesome! I only docked it a star because of the pain it was to get the latches back on track after trying to open both sides at the same time. Bad idea. Once my husband finally got those back on though, it's a mistake that won't be made again.

5.0 out of 5 stars GIGANTIC!, May 30, 2013
Fits my 2011 Nissan Armada like a glove! A bit heavy, but I can mount it without help. You might want to cover the side of your vehicle you are mounting from to protect it from scratching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits a 2014 Toyota Highlander XLE with OEM cross bars., August 2, 2014
Because of the stationary cross bars of the 2014 Toyota Highlander XLE, I was really anxious of ordering the Thule Force 624 (large) and having to return it because it wouldn't fit. For the 624, it will fit. I ordered and installed the OEM 2014 Highlander cross bars and did some measurements particularly the distance between them, right in the middle of the flat 3 inch wide blade. It was 27.5 inches and went back to Thule website and their minimum bar spread is 31 inches (for the Thule 624 at least). Right there it made me pretty confident that the two will fit. You just need to decide if you want the 624 pushed a little back, while making sure it won't make contact with the rear spoiler when the tail gate is fully opened and also to consider the balance of the box when full. Right now I have the cross bars pretty much in the middle of the box and looking up through the sun roof you can see almost 1/5 the length of the box. Been testing it for wind noise and vibration just here in our area and so far it's been great, meaning very minimal to almost none. Noise isn't really a deal breaker for me but what's really important is it's durability at interstate speed and how it's going to hold up to severe heavy rain and I am sure I'm going to find out soon enough going down to Williamsburg by the end of this month. Noticed also looking from a distance, because of the slight curve of the cross bars and the matching of colors, the cargo box appears to have it's own "legs" attached to the roof. It looks like a giant black thing holding own for dear life on the top of your car.

8/24/14: Just got back from Williamsburg/Virginia Beach, VA and this rack performed as expected. With cruising speeds between 65-80 mph with the radio off, barely heard any significant wind noise or vibrations with inside capacity almost 80 lbs.(max is 100). Only gripe is, I wished Thule provided some vertical or additional hooking/latching system inside the box for bungee cords and not only the two horizontal latching belts to secure additional and/or irregular shape items. For info, we had two 38 liter back packs, 1 maclaren stroller, 1 beach chair in a bag, 1 50 liter duffel bag,1 full and 1 twin air bag, 1 sleeping bag, 1 very large umbrella and 1 rigid case kid-sized rolling suitcase and 2 pairs of adult sized shoes. For safety, and not that it happened to us fortunately, even with the keys coming off to let you know that the box is securely latched, also make sure that that the lid doesn't "bounce" when your trying to close the lid. If it does, your stacking your stuff to high and might affect the strength off the latching system of the box. Make your items spread across the box to keep it even and flat. Highly recommend this box, even though it's a bit pricey compared to other cargo boxes, it performed well and it will look good on your minivan or SUV. Lastly, this box come in different sizes so aside from the size of your car/cross bars, you have to consider what cargo box size that is right for you. The large (624) is actually the smallest. It is wide but it is short enough to fit proportionately most full-size sedan or wagon but especially in an SUV/minivan that it will not affect the tail gate when it's fully opened.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek stylish cargo box works ok, that I like it enough based from other problems I've read from other cargo boxes., October 7, 2013
This review is from: Thule Force Cargo Box, Black (Sports)
This cargo box is nice looking and easy to adjust. For this size, recommend two people to bring it up onto your car/van because it can be cumbersome to handle due to size. I did not give it all five stars because it is hard to close when full. It is hard to pack this thing full because the items can get in the way of the safety latching mechanism. It latches on the front, sides and back, all at the same time when you turn the key. If any of the latch is not fully engaged, because the item is in the way of the latch/bar, or if the lid is not fully down all the way around, the key will not turn. Now I picked this because it can open on both sides. It helps a lot when packing items to be accessing on the side so you can distribute load evenly. Overall, I like it, it looks cool, and it does carry a lot. I wish though it is a bit higher so you can pack even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Roof Top Box!, July 2, 2013
ZenoMan (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
The Thule Force carrier is awesome. I purchased it in order to haul around additional baby stuff (stroller [Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle], etc.). Works like a charm. The box is light for it's size and very easy to install once you have the cross bars in place. I installed it on a 2010 VW Golf 4-door with VW OEM roof rack with out problems. Comes with two keys, a pair of straps for inside storage, and a set of instructions. Can't beat simplicity!

I did notice that the Thule emblems are a hard rubberized stick-on. They looked like they could come off after some lengthy driving. I'll update the review if they do. It's purely cosmetic, which shows that there really isn't much to criticize!

This review is for the Large size Thule 624 Force.

Thule 625 Force Rack, Black, X-Large