4.0 out of 5 stars How To Improve Zipper Life
I purchased this at the same retail store where bought the MacBook Pro, and used it for a class. This review is based upon about six months usage, although not always daily.

Plus factors:
- Seems to be cool styling. People do comment about it.
- More protection than most competing laptop cases.
- Very compact!

Negatives:
- VERY...
Published 18 months ago by J H Murphy

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Zipper Design and Support
After 5 months of usage, the zipper detached from the bag in the corner radius. The zipper is just way too tight to reliably go around the corners of the bag without causing stress on the zipper itself. There are others who have posted this same problem, however their reviews have been deleted for some reason.

This product looks and feels great while it lasts...
Published on June 10, 2012 by Biskit

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Zipper Design and Support, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Thule Gauntlet TMPA-113 13 inch MacBook Pro and Retina Display Attache' (Black) (Personal Computers)

This product looks and feels great while it lasts. Unfortunately, it wasn't long enough for me. Even though there is a 25-year warranty on this product, I was unable to get mine repaired or replaced. Thule does not stand behind this product. I suspect they are aware of the issue, so if you open a case regarding this specific product, it is automatically sent to the delete folder. Unless you get this bag for free, I'd avoid it. I was really surprised by the lack of customer support I received on this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great design but not so great quality, December 9, 2012
Woolfhound (Houston, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
I've had it 5 months and the zipper is jamming and pulling away from the bag. Hoping to get a warranty replacement... but that's really disappointing for a relatively pricey bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars How To Improve Zipper Life, July 30, 2013

Plus factors:
- Seems to be cool styling. People do comment about it.
- More protection than most competing laptop cases.
- Very compact!

Negatives:
- VERY SNUG fit for a MacBook Pro. The corners are tight, which implies less protection in a drop if the corners hit first, especially at the top.
- I cannot imagine using the MacBook in the case.
- Inadequate storage capacity for my needs. I carry the laptop power supply, an Apple corded mouse, a book (Objective-C Programming by Kochan, if you must know), a couple of pens and some paper. I think the designers thought you would use an iPad or Kindle to read books. At any rate, you are forced to travel light.
- Overall snugness puts more strain on the zippers than most other cases do. A short lifetime is the likely result.

To prolong zipper life, there are a couple of habits one can develop. First, don't overpack. This reduces the continual strain on the zipper.

Second, reduce the strain in on the zipper by squeezing the corners as the zipper rounds them. This controls the strain at the most stressful point. I think it is also the most likely spot for the teeth to get jammed.

If you carry items besides the MacBook as a part of your regular life, you may be best served by getting a good laptop sleeve and sticking with a backpack or attaché. YMMV.

In some ways, this case is like a 2-wheel drive SUV...looks rugged, but needs babying in tough situations.

So...four stars...it's OK if you realize its limitations before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, But Go Bigger!, January 20, 2014
Joshua T. Ebert "Ebes" (Bowling Green, OH USA) - See all my reviews
There isn't a single bad thing I can say about this case. It lives up to the Thule name, and it's a sexily designed case. In the little time that I used it, I was impressed. However...

I ultimately ended up returning it and going with the 15-inch case for my 13-inch MacBook. These Thule cases are SO precisely designed that everything is to the inch. Being someone who travels with more than just my computer and very basic essentials, I wanted more space and less stress on the seams. The 15-inch seems perfect to me, because it makes insertion and removal of my MacBook MUCH easier. Additionally, it offers a little more flexibility when I want to chuck in things like some extra cables, thumb drives, earbuds, etc...

Even with the "extra space" of the 15-inch, it's still SUPER compact and small in my opinion– especially relative to any other cases on the market. It lends to a very sleek, easy-to-carry case option. It's especially great for airport travelers and minimalist road-warriors!

2.0 out of 5 stars Zippers Break, June 4, 2013
Saw this Apple store and thought it looked cool. It does look cool.
So, ordered from Amazon.
Used for about 3 months, and then the zippers broke. Poor design in how the Zippers are attached to the bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disposable product - Good while the zipper lasted, July 5, 2013
Bought this less than a year ago and the zipper finally busted totally today. I had been able to nurse a semi broken zipper for the last few months. While it did a good job protecting our MacBook Pro up to this point. I would only suggest you spend your money on this with the understanding every time you zip or unzip it, it is one zip closer to being a useless product. Look elsewhere if you want to get a good return on your hard earned money.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THULE LAPTOP BAGS OR CASES, January 25, 2013
I dropped my Thule Gauntlet laptop bag about 30 cm when I was about to enter my car.

My new MBP 15" CUT STRAIGHT THROUGH the material and was injured.

Correspondence with Thule gave nothing, therefore:

They look strong, but as for bumps and skratches there are numerous other options available.

The whole idea with a bag of this design should be to give at least reasonable protection agains falls too, so:

Do not buy Thule laptop cases or bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, February 22, 2013
Heavy duty case, well worth the money...especially considering it protects a $1200 laptop. Looks nice and easy to carry and store.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cases ever!, May 11, 2012
This is a great little case. I recently needed a case for my 13" MBA and iPad for a two week business trip. I bought this case because it had a rugged and stylish look. When I actually got it I was pleased to find that it was indeed very light, stylish, and quite rugged. Not only that it was able to hold my 13" MBA, iPad, 500 MB portable external HD, charging cables, iPhone battery pack, and pencils. With all of that stuff in it it was still light and easy to carry. I had no problems carrying it on a plane. It was easy to open and remove the iPad. The case is very compact and fits snuggly around the MBA. It's not difficult to take the MBA out of the case, but you will have to use some care. Over all a great case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case!, November 18, 2013
By far, I believe the best case you can get for the MacBook Air. Very durable so far, and provides great protection. Have taken it on multiple flights and have carried both my Air and iPad/iPad mini. Multiple pockets make it very versatile

Thule Gauntlet TMPA-113 13 inch MacBook Pro and Retina Display Attache' (Black)
$85.90
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.