5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Snowboarding Racks!
Perfect for my 2008 Toyota 4Runner, quick and fast to install under like 15 minutes without even reading the instructions. Of course I read it afterwards to make sure it wouldn't fly off.

Published on January 11, 2012 by OMFG

3.0 out of 5 stars A rather tall profile
Published 4 months ago by D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Snowboarding Racks!, January 11, 2012
OMFG (California) - See all my reviews

Was about to buy the Yakima fatcats because I was afraid of clearance issues with my snowboards but these are perfect! I think they look much better and more modern than the Yakimas, IMO.

Update (3/14/2013)

These also fits my 11' BMW 328, with enough clearance for bindings/boards on the bottom with 2 more on top. Only thing is if you wish to convert these to be flush to the base racks with a kit (like European style racks with T-Connectors), the screws are pretty deep in. You will definitely have a difficult time placing T-connecting flush mounts to these. I know the flush kit fit the small Thule racks for 2 snowboards/4 skis, but it won't work well with this one. You might run into a clearance issue with the bindings attached to the snowboards with this, if it was flush anyways.

3.0 out of 5 stars A rather tall profile, December 14, 2013
Looks well built and is very easy to install - a plastic anchor sits on your cross bars and a rubber strap tightens around it from the bottom. I would prefer even the bottom of the anchor to be rubberized to prevent scratching of the cross bar. Unfortunately, this product does not work for me - it is too tall at 6". My garage has a low ceiling and the handle connecting the door to the garage opener makes for a low clearance. I only have 5" between the front cross bar and the handle. So before you buy, make sure you do not have similar clearance limitations as there are lower profile products available.

Added December 26: I have returned this product and replaced it with Yakima Fatcat 6 Ski and Snowboard Carrier (Black). The lower profile allows me to park in my garage with a low clearance door, it looks better and more aerodynamic too. The Yakima also has the rubberized cradle bottom unlike the plastic of the Thule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Installed easily on my 2009 Subaru Outback, February 4, 2013
I got this for a ski trip up to Vermont where I was taking a bunch of people in my car and didn't have room for skis in the trunk. The carrier easily mounted to my factor crossbars in about 5 minutes without any special tools. The carriers themselves can lock to the crossbars to prevent anyone from taking them and then the skis can be locked in as well to prevent theft. I decided to take them off when I'm not actually using them but they are so easy to mount back up that's its not really an issue. They would probably not fit 6 pairs of skis but could do 4 pairs no problem and maybe a fifth if some were slightly thinner. As always, fast shipping by Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 28, 2013
I purchased this rack for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had a dealership install the crossbars (Mopar brand) and wasn't sure if this rack would work but it couldn't have been easier. The install took me 15 mins and I was ready to load my my skis and hit the slopes. I've used it 3-4 times now carrying snowboards and skis with ease.

The only downside is that at highway speeds, the rack causes wind noise. Overall excellent rack and would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, September 2, 2013
Used on my Volvo XC90 cross country from VA to CA and back to CO. Carried two snowboards and skis no problem. Easy to install (cross bars were a bit trickier but Thule customer service was great). No loud noises from the wind and no movement of the boards. Worth every penny :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, but not quite as secure as I'd like, March 28, 2014
Bryan Clevenger (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Pretty good overall, my only complaint is that only one of the connectors to the rack locks per unit, so the other side can be messed with by anyone. Most likely not an issue, just need to double check that nobody messed with it while you weren't there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish they offered dual openings instead of single, February 23, 2014
They worked out well, we think they are easy to open and lock. Would like to have a rubber protection for rail attachment

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Great, January 25, 2014
I bought these with my AeroBlade Edge raised rack rail rack, There are very simle to install and has worked great with skis, poles, and snowboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 16, 2014
I purchased these and installed them on my 2007 Ford Expedition EL factory roof rack. The rack is made from quality materials and fit perfectly. Will hold four pairs of skis without problem. I'm very happy with the purchase and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, easy to load and use, December 21, 2013
I've only used it for 2 trips so far, but I've left it on my roof rack the whole winter so far. It's a little loud, but I got used to it in a few days so I don't even notice it anymore. I guess I could get a wind shield for it.

Anyway, they're super easy to load and it hasn't gotten frozen shut to the point where I couldn't just tap it and unlock it yet. I love having the thing, it's a huge convenience.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›