Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 23, 2004
I can't tell you how funny the entire Thumb series is. I had originally rented the double feature DVD ThumbWars/Thumbtanic at Blockbuster with my then 9 yr old son. I laughed so hard that I almost pee'd my pants!!! We were at Best Buys shortly thereafter, saw the entire boxed set and bought it on the spot. Steve Oedekerk is one funny guy!

ThumbWars - The Phantom Cuticle was originally released as simply Thumb Wars. It is a parady of the orginal Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back movies. And an extremely GOOD parody at that - far superior to Mel Brooks' boring SpaceBalls. Apparently with all the hype and hoopla that surounded the release of Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Steve Oedekerk decided to cash in and re-released Thumb Wars as 'The Phantom Cuticle." Be advised ... if you purchase the box set of Thumb movies you will already get this movie as it was originally titled.

If you are in need of a good hard belly laugh, pick up ANY of the Thumb movies and prepare to be running back and forth to the bathroom!!!! May the Tumb be with yooooooou..............
on September 21, 2001
When Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle premiered on UPN, it was the best show the network ran. Unfortunately not everyone got a chance to see it. This will change now.
What is so great about Thumbwars and what makes it the best spoof of the Star Wars(tm)(c)(etc) Saga is that it takes the series as a whole, finds its faults and then exploits them, to point out that, hey, yeah, Luke kinda was a whiner, maybe the fact that Obi Wan, coming back to speak to Luke was kinda "creepy," from a certain point of view, Man the Princess could have been a comercial for Cinnabon. Basically it takes something that we love, and tells us what we already knew. But most importanly, it makes us laugh at it.
Filled with great voicing and great dialogue, allow the viewer to just sit back and enjoy the sheer silliness of thumbs as our heroes, from Loke Groundrunner to Hand Duet to Princess Bunhead.
The Special Effects in the show arent all that bad either, in fact, the attack on the thumbstar scene is pretty impressive, from a tv/special point of view.
Needless to say, if you're a Star Wars Fan(or even if you hate it), you'll probably love this spoof. Its story comes from the classic trilogy(the show premiered a few weeks prior to the release of Episode I) and it reflects the creators and directors acknowledgement of the cult and pop culture status of Star Wars.
It also shows that they know where to look for really good comic material.
On October 16th, If you pick up the Episode I, DVD, pick up Thumb Wars which will be released on the same day. Its well worth the price.
So whether join the Thumbellion or turn to the nail-side of the thumb and join the Thumbpire, Just pick up this dvd or video. [....]
on November 22, 2001
I downloaded this movie off of a file sharing service and simply HAD to buy the dvd. If you're of the dilbert style generation where sarcasm and dry humor truly appeal to you.. ThumbWars will definately get a belly laugh out of you. One MUST be familiar with the star wars movie series.. if you're not, you simply won't get it. The thumb that plays Chewy's role (named Crunchy) is by far my favorite character.. His disturbing mouth and sharp black nail along with his growling n such are just too perfect. As far as parodies go, this is simply the best sci-fi one I've ever seen.. And with "The Blair Thumb", "Thumbtanic", and "Thumbatrix" in the blocks for future releases, I see a constantly growing library of spoofs promising to keep us all in stitches. Buy this dvd!
on January 1, 2002
If you have seen "Thumb Wars" on TV, then you will be surprised with this DVD. The DVD contains a new version of the movie with new footage, cut from the tv version because of time and the need for commercials. THank god, they edited out the commercials and restored the remaining movie with new scenes to make it a short 29 minutes. But the lack of movie is made up with features. There are trailers for Thumb Wars, Thumbtanic (I hope that will come out soon, because that looks hilarious), and The Blair Thumb (being released on DVD on January 22, 2002), an interview with Gabba The Butt (seen in the movie only once), Thumbographies, poor Dolby 5.1 audio, an okay sounding 2.0 Dolby soundtrack, and an audio commentary with the director. BUy this movie now!
on October 21, 2001
well all i can say is you will totally enjoy this movie. it from what i saw of it *and i have seen it many times* dosent contain any offensive masterial and is fuin for the whole family. i auctally saw it many times at partys and if your looking for a good party movie visit thumb.com where you can learn more about this and other project by the thumb team. i recommend this also to anyone who wants to laugh no matter if they liked or disliked star wars. i personally didnt car for the real star wars but this makes up for it.
enjoy and may the cuticle be with you.
on May 13, 2006
Anyone who's seen the original Star Wars is bound to love this take on it. Though some may not find it humorous, if they're big fans of Star Wars, because the immediate reaction would probably be: "They're making fun of Star Wars." ...Which is true. But that doesn't mean it's not hilarious!

Being a huge Star Wars fan myself, I immensely enjoyed this "filmette," because it's not being mean, they're just trying to make you laugh, ...and it works!

Many of the things I noticed when I watched Star Wars the first time, are mentioned in Thumb Wars. This is immensely satisfying, because not only are they mentioning it, I'm laughing about it! For example: The first time you see Princess Leia in Star Wars, she has her hair up in two buns, which look like they're covering her ears... Personally, I thought it was ugly. In Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle, Princess Leia, is Princess Bunhead!

Darth Vader is Black Helmet Man!

Luke Skywalker is Loke Groundrunner!

This might not be funny to some, but the name of Obi-Wan Kenobi is hilarious, and it is stated in a punchline, so I won't give it away.

What a twist to the ending too! Once again, I won't give anything away, but it truly gave me a shock. I wasn't expecting such a change!

A Heads Up: Especially kid friendly, ...Aldarran is not blown up, but spun instead.

This Thumbfilm video kept me laughing the whole time! A real accomplishment! Two THUMBS up!!
on August 29, 2012
All thumb movies are good,so original,and well done.The sets are amazing and follow the
movie pretty well,considering they do it in under 30M.
Thumb Wars follow the first release,ep.4 A NEW HOPE,and is the best,I think, of the Thumb series.
on July 20, 2002
Well, Steve Oedekerk does it again. With his whitty Thumb Theater productions, I'd have to say this is the best one. I loved his choice of names too. "Loke Groundrunner"(Luke Skywalker), "Princess Bunhead"(Princess Leia), "Hand Duet"(Han Solo), "Black Helmet Man"(Darth Vader), Prissype(C-3PO), "Beeboopbeep"(R2-D2), and "Crunchie"(Chewie), great names Steve! The "nail side of the thumb" was with Steve when I created this one. I especially liked "Oobedoob Scooby Dooby Benubi", he was great. BUY this movie, you will laugh for HOURS! And may the "thumb" be with you.
on December 9, 2002
If you like science fiction spoofs, this show is for you. Anyone mildly familier with the original Star Wars will love the whiney Loke Groundrunner and his new friends as they battle Black Helmet Man and the Bad bad, good, bad thumpire. This movie has more silliness than most small countries, but it is a must see in my book.
I can't stand Star Wars... but have had to watch it many times. THIS movie however has made watching the latter totally worth it. I admit I actually quote this movie with other friends of mine who share in the twisted humor department.