Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on April 11, 2014
I didn't watch Pair of Kings as often when King Boz replaced King Brady for Season 3 . I watched the two part season 3 opener, the two part series finale, and a handful of episodes in between. The episodes that I watched in between were the "Oogli Stick", "O Lanada", "Meet the Parents" ( where I was hoping King Boomer would visit his brother, but he didn't), and "Mysteries of Kinkow". It was during the two part series finale that I realized I had missed something important. Somehow, Makayla owed Lanny a Kinkow Secret, meaning she would have to keep a secret of Lanny's (which he used during the series finale). And through the gifts of google and Wikipedia I found out the episode where Lanny did Makayla a favor in exchange for the Kinkow Secret was "King vs. Wild". Disney is only playing episodes that feature King Brady (wise choice) so in order to see what Lanny did for Makayla that resulted in her having to keep a secret of his whenever he choice to use it, I had to purchase the "King vs. Wild" episode from Amazon. The video played great with little buffering and now I know what Lanny did for Makayla.
on February 10, 2016
"Pair of Kings" is a light-hearted and almost conflict-free series of adventures about a set of twins (triplets eventually) destined to rule a magical and wealthy Pacific island together as "co-kings" following their parents' death. Although many of the day-to-day details (language and money, for example) make the island of Kinkow seem more like a United States territory than a distinct country, the plots hinge on the kings (two of whom were raised in Chicago and another who was raised on a different island nearby) making false assumptions about the island and its customs, only to get in trouble when they learn some absurd supernatural detail that they didn't expect.

The show may sound silly, and it is, but I enjoyed it because the plots were never too dramatic. I think the series only has one scene (first episode of season three, with the giant gorilla and Mikayla's guilt trip) sad enough to affect a child. The absurdities of the island are sometimes cliche, but remain fun. The cast was too small (usually only five characters). I think more recurring guest stars would have strengthened the idea of a community around the kings, but maybe that's more than I should expect from a Disney show. Four to seven characters seems about standard.

The show is definitely worth trying, and season three was a slight improvement overall in my opinion, despite the weak plot twist that introduces Boz, the new king.
on April 2, 2013
My daughter loved this show until King Brady left. She finished seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix in less than a month (she could have watched them quicker if TV time wasn't limited). I occasionally peaked at the show, thinking it was ridiculous at first but somehow I became captivated and enjoyed it.

Anyway, like so many others have said, once King Brady left, the show wasn't as good. My daughter and I watched season 3 episodes 1 and 2 before we were over the show entirely. King Brady was very entertaining and it was unfortunate that he left.

My daughter has now moved on to a new show--Mr. Young and also watches How I Met Your Mother (Yes, I realize I'm a bad dad for letting her watch How I Met Your Mother).
on November 4, 2012
My kids love this whole show. They are a little disappointed that Brady left season three as he was their favorite king, but they are liking the new king they added. (I can't think of his name off the top of my head...) Great entertainment for the whole family!
on March 26, 2014
So, I really loved the first two seasons. But then they took out Mitchell and he was kinda really my favorite, so I dont like the show as much. But its a really great show. If Mitchell was atleast still in the show, it would get 5 stars
on March 17, 2013
Ok so we don't have the original king from the first two season. That's OK because u still get plenty of adventure and laughs. Still worth watching! Great for the entire family :)
on February 23, 2014
I really don't get why Mitchel Musso left the show, because it was a great one. The new season is still really good, and King Boomer & King Boz are hilarious together! Highly recommend this show.
on February 5, 2016
I love this show bring it back
on January 13, 2015