5.0 out of 5 stars Thunder and Lightning Strikes
This book is full of action and adventure - just the kind you'd expect from Tim LaHaye. If you read any of the Left Behind series, you won't be disappointed with this latest offering from LaHaye.

Published on July 1, 2011 by A. E. Arndt

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Read
"Thunder of Heaven" is the second book of "The End" series. Tim LaHaye is the author of the "Left Behind" series that was immensely popular. I loved the "Left Behind" books, and was so excited to purchase and read each new installment.

Published on August 21, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Thunder and Lightning Strikes, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Thunder of Heaven: A Joshua Jordan Novel (The End Series) (Hardcover)

The influential family of military hero Joshua Jordan finds themselves drawn into an end-of-times drama that will pull you in and won't let you go. As terrorists plot to attack the United States once again, they diligently work to thwart their plans and save our country.

Jordan is joined with his wife, Abigail, talented lawyer and capable co-chair of a secret, privately funded think tank that acts on these threats when the leaders of our government can't - or won't. His daughter, Deborah, and new friend, Ethan March find themselves fighting the battle in Israel when Joshua goes over there to show the government a new military weapon. And finally, his son, Cal, after a life-changing experience with a bomb-wielding terrorist in Book One, decides to join his family in their fight to save the U.S.

This book has a lot of military jargon, but don't worry, there are explanations. And since this book is set in the near future, it's not difficult to imagine our country going through these circumstances. It's a scary proposition, but it makes for a thrilling read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting, Fast-Paced Novel, July 2, 2011
When the RTS (return to sender) missle prevention system he created fails and results in Flight 199 from Chicago being shot down with no survivors in a terrorist attack, Joshua Jordan finds himself the target of a White House conspiracy to discredit him. Even when he discovers that the terrorists also plan on detonating a nuclear bomb in New York City and that multiple countries will attempt an attack on Israel, no one will listen. Jordan, his family, and the underground group of patriots he leads must come together to try to stop the attacks - if they can get the U.S. government or anyone else to listen. As it turns out, nuclear threat may be the least of the world's concern as a prominent climatologist discovers that the earth itself may deliver the final blow.

I don't like to use cliches, but this really was a gripping novel that was exciting and fast-paced. It includes politics, the debate over global warming, corruption within governments, and world events taken from current headlines, all presented through the filter of Biblical end-time prophecy which was done in just the right dose without slowing down the story. This is Christian fiction and I felt that also was done in a way that made the characters' faith a believeable part of the story without being preachy.

Anyone who enjoyed the Left Behind series and the other "end time" suspense novels by Tim LaHaye and the authors he partners with will not want to miss this one. It is the second book in The End series featuring Joshua Jordan but the reader won't be lost if he or she hasn't read the first one.

I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher but the opinion of it is my own and was not solicited, nor was a positive review required.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Read, August 21, 2011

Although I have not read the first book of "The End" series, I still was able to enjoy the second book, and didn't feel that I had missed anything critically important to the plotline of the series. I did feel that the characters seemed a bit one-dimensional, but my not having read the first book could have contributed to that issue. "Thunder of Heaven" is a thriller/suspense novel, based on the end-of-times elements of the Bible's book of Revelation. The main character is Joshua Jordan, a retired military hero, who is working diligently to protect his country, despite the fact that high officials in the government are working against him.

The book has some exciting elements, but overall I did not feel that it lived up to the pace of the "Left Behind" books. I did enjoy it, however, and believe that readers who enjoyed the "Left Behind" books would find "Thunder of Heaven" enjoyable and worth their time.

Please note that I received a copy of this book free of charge from Zondervan, in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to provide a positive review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! It was an Amazing story, yet not unrealistic., December 29, 2011
I Loved it! This was an amazing story, yet not unrealistic. It was easy to engage because nothing in the book was too far fetched to believe it wasn't possible. My wife had to get on to me several times to get out of my chair and do some house work.... All I wanted to do was sit and keep reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thunder of Heaven Navigates the Storm, October 16, 2011
Tim LaHaye has written another awesome novel that so blends Bible prophecy with current world events and news to create a very believable end times scenario. Current world problems such as fuel, global warming, Israel, and the Middle East in general are addressed and tied to scriptural prophecy to create a very believable end times scenario set in the near future. The book is fast paced and is a great action, adventure novel on its own. It is a great read and I cannot wait for the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars End Times, July 22, 2011
Lily (Woonsocket, RI United States) - See all my reviews
I have read the whole left behind series. I have also read many of Greg Parshalls books. Relatively speaking this was good but no comparison to the left behind series. I believe I like the pace of the behinds series books. it has been difficult to really feel a sense of these people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reality and fiction blended with Scriptures and World events!, January 7, 2012
For Book #2 of 'The End Series' to be another success the authors needed to keep building up the excitement and once again readers will not be disappointed! This time Joshua Jordan travels to Israel with his daughter only to be captured himself by terrorists.
Tim Lahaye and Craig Parshall have honed their writing skills and together they make a formidable team as already witnessed in Book #1 (see review here)!

Using Bible prophecies involving both Israel and the US future, the authors uses this latest bestseller to remind readers of the possible outcome of our world's imminent issues. It is each individual responsibility to recognize these dangers but too often we prefer to ignore the signs. Lahaye and co-author Parshall skillfully use their perfect blend of reality and fiction as a true awakening for many.
A thrilling read, one you will have a hard time to put down I guarantee!

Thunder of Heaven offers a gripping plot (if anything even better than the first book) including corruption and deception at the highest level!
Ultimately like Johsua Jordan, each of us must find in life a balance betwixt the forces of good and evil! Faith is the only option!

5 Stars of course and I am looking forward to # 3 in the series!

Note to readers: I was not asked to review this title and all opinions expressed are entirely my own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like reading today's news, July 6, 2011
S. Collinson "ScottC" (Chesapeake Beach, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I loved reading the Left Behind Series many years ago and this series is not disappointing. Knowing that the book was written several months to a year ago, it is surprising how many things in it have now actually happened. It is a fictional book based on Biblical prophecy. I would suggest the book to anyone including those that may not believe the Bible because it is still a good action book that takes place in the current time frame. It includes current world issues such as Israel, fuel, Russia and climate change. Now, I just wish I had the next book in the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars mediocre, August 8, 2011
Bit like having a Joel Rosenberg flashback, only not as good of a book. I must say, although the book was good, that I'm weary of folks having no "ending" to their books. Marketing tactic I suppose, so you'll buy their next book, but since I've read the Rosenberg books and this one was sort of a re-run, i don't see the point. Just very weary of books that have no actual ending only suspence until the next one. FINISH the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
I enjoyed this book.

Thunder of Heaven: A Joshua Jordan Novel (The End Series)
Thunder of Heaven: A Joshua Jordan Novel (The End Series) by Tim LaHaye (Hardcover - June 25, 2011)
$24.99 $8.98