5.0 out of 5 stars Very realistic sound of raindrops and some thunder
I have bought every recording of rain that Amazon.com has had for-sale. This recording by Dr. Thompson is the best and most realistic sound of rain with some distant thunder that I have ever heard.
Published on July 20, 2007 by Kerry D

1.0 out of 5 stars If only it was just thunderstorms..
Published on August 2, 2008 by B. A. Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very realistic sound of raindrops and some thunder, July 20, 2007
Kerry D (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
There are no loud, obnoxious bird or cricket sounds as with some other recordings. Dr. Thompson's recording is the steady sound of rain drops and some distant sounding thunder. It is very relaxing to listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, February 17, 2007
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought this. Often, when I've listened to CDs with tracks featuring water, they sound like so much static. Not the case here. The soft raindrops and distant thunder are realistic, and the entire CD is soothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent alpha cd with only nature sounds, no distracting music, September 5, 2007
A. Elder (Tennessee, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
I own quite a few of Dr. Thompson's cds. This seems to be sort of a new direction for him, leaving off the music that distracts from the brainwave entrainment, and just sticking with nature sounds. I really hope he continues in this direction with subsequent releases. For people looking for a relaxation cd that really works, this is what you have been looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars If only it was just thunderstorms.., August 2, 2008
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
I was disappointed with this product, for reasons that are perhaps idiosyncratic with me. I am a very light sleeper, the slightest "unexpected" noise will wake me up. So I wanted this Thunderstorm cd to sleep to (having it on "repeat" obviously) to block out all other noise. Unfortunately, it's not just rain with the occasional sound of thunder. Also included is the sound of rain dripping off a house onto the ground below. Dripping noises are much different than raining noises, and not at all pleasant! Then there's the sounds of birds chirping, which also gets on my nerves (I'm trying to block out early morning birdsong, as it is!)

So if this had just simply been rain, alternating between light, medium and heavy rain, and thunder, it would have been great. But there's too much extraneous noise that defeats the purpose for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Students " I-de-ate", May 18, 2008
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
I teach fifth grade in California. Sometimes it's difficult for them to come back into the classroom after recess and get settled down, ready for the next lesson. I picked up on a term I heard on tv (which they all know about this term)and I use it to my advantage. They love it and look forward to coming in and "Ideate" (I - de - ate) When they come back into the classroom I have one of my disk on the player at a low volume and let them just "Ideate" for 3-5 minutes. The length of time varies depending on their state of excitement. They can chose where to Ideate. On a table, the floor is popular, just sitting at their desk with their heads-down, etc. Believe me it works. A teacher's blessing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Sleeping, January 18, 2008
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
This is a great CD, I own other CD's by Dr. Thompson and enjoy them immensely. This really puts you to sleep. The thunder is a low frequency so any crackles don't wake you up. I also own his CD for naps, and the "gong" wakes you up on time. These thunder sounds are at the right level to keep you asleep. The rain also sounds very inviting, almost like a small pool forming and enough water to create a small trickle which is really relaxing.

2.0 out of 5 stars too much rain noise, July 25, 2010
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
I love the sound of thunderstorms and that is what I thought I was getting with this cd. When I started the cd I had to turn the volume up really high to get anything and all I got was a lot of rain and then finually some thunderstorm noise in the back ground. Too much rain noise for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound, January 8, 2011
RN2010 (Southern Plains) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
Great for relaxing to the thunderstorm sound and not having additional distracting music. I'm not crazy for the portion with bird chirping, and the couple of minutes of bee buzzing is a bizarre addition, my opinion.

That said, this is my second time purchasing this product. My first CD was scratched during a trip and I missed having it.

If this had been made without the addition of the 'birds and the bees', I would've easily given 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of thunderstorm with alpha brainwave pulses, October 1, 2010
This review is from: Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses (Audio CD)
I purchased this product to help me sleep better at night. It definitely helps me relax and is very enjoyable, but the thunderstorm sound wakes up my baby. The sleepy rain with delta brainwave pulses is definetely the best if you are looking for deep sleep. I'm glad I bought this product, but i won't be using it as much as I use the sleepy rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected!, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Thunderstorm (MP3 Music)
I love this thunder cd! the Thunder sounds realistic and actually has bass, whereas others I've listened to sound synthesized and are just annoying. But I also like that it didn't have too much thunder and has gentle rain sounds which actually lulled me to sleep and I didn't even get startled by the thunder. I was very impressed and it was just what a thunder enthusiast would expect.

Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses
Thunderstorm with Alpha Brainwave Pulses by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson (Audio CD - 2006)
Rate and Discover Movies