Top positive review
16 people found this helpful
An Accurate Insight Into The World of Counterintelligence
on August 31, 2009
If you are looking for an insight into counterintelligence operations... This Book Is It!
"Thwarting Enemies At Home And Abroad" will give you an inside look at how counterintelligence agents really do their jobs. You will learn how counterintelligence is different from security and different from law enforcement, and you will learn where these areas overlap.
The book explains collection, collation, and indexing, and how to develop counterintelligence databases. It explains how agents are recruited and run, and how they are safeguarded. And... it explains how to manage security of your operations.
Overall this book is very informative and yet still easy to read and understand.
*** Contents ***
1. What Is Counterintelligence?
2. Who Goes Into Counterintelligence, and Why?
3. Conflicting Goals: Law Enforcement versus Manipulation
4. The Support Apparatus
5. Interrogation: How It Really Works
6. How To Manage The Polygraph
7. How To Manage Physical Surveillance
8. How To Manage Technical Surveillance
9. Double Agents: What They Are Good For
10. Double Agents: How To Get And Maintain A Stable
11. Double Agents: Feeding And Care
12. Double Agents: Passing Information to the Enemy
13. Moles in the Enemy's Garden: Your Best Weapon