5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes & photos, March 7, 2008
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
I love this book. Not only does it have great photos of all the food and wonderful descriptions of different Annapolis events throughout the year, it also has terrific recipes. The Sweet Vegetable Dip, White Corn Salad, Peppercorn Tenderloin and YumYum Bars are among my favorites!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes real people can make!, March 10, 2008
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
This Junior League cookbook is wonderful! I love that recipes are from real people like myself and not someone with years of culinary training. The book looks great on a coffee table or on the kitchen counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have in any home!, October 22, 2008
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
What a great cookbook! The recipes are easy and delicious and range from a quick meal for the kiddos to a gourmet meal for guests. The photos are beautiful and capture the section themes perfectly. And, it is actually fun to read...with great information on the history and traditions of Annapolis. I have tried a new recipe each week since I bought it, and I have never been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Recipes and the Perfect Gift!, July 14, 2010
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
A Thyme to Entertain is my new favorite cookbook...not only are the recipes easy to make, they're delicious! The Fiesta Dip, Avocado Bruschetta, Mushroom Tarts, and Terrapins Caramel Brownies are among my many favorites. The photos throughout the book are gorgeous and makes this the perfect gift! Buy one and be sure to get one for your favorite friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Parties or Everyday, October 27, 2008
S. Rizzi (Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
This is an excellent cookbook that I've used as a gift for business associates and customers. The book is "coffee table" quality that contains not only great regional recipes, but stories and pictures that even a disinterested husband will pick up and read. We have also given this cookbook to friends and family which reminds them of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars cookbook, August 27, 2008
JKW (Annapolis, Md. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
Junior League cookbooks are invariably good, and this is no exception. Chock-full of wonderful recipes, and none too complicated. I get overwhelmed when I look at a recipe with a long ingredient list and time consuming instructions, so this one is just my speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thyme to Entertain, November 15, 2008
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
I love that all of the recipes are triple tested! My favorite recipes are the sugar cookies and the poppyseed chicken. This cookbook is a must!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Go-To Cookbook, August 3, 2010
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
What really makes a great cookbook? Recipes that actually turn out tasting fabulous. Of course, I love the cookbooks of celebrity chefs, but when they have 50 random ingredients I'll never use again, it's hard to refer to them often. This is the cookbook I refer to most frequently. I've probably already gotten through 25% of the recipes, and I haven't found one dud yet! And they list the level of difficulty as Easy, Moderate and Gourmet. But I've even found I can manage the Gourmet with no problems at all. It's worth buying for the Buffalo Wing Dip alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gourmet's Delight!, September 3, 2010
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
This is a coffee table cookbook with beautiful pictures! The Chinese Noodle Cookies are great to make with children. They are especially fun to make around Halloween time!The Overnight Artichoke and Ham Strata makes an excellent choice for a Sunday brunch! The Cheese and Olive Spread is a favorite party item served with crackers. However, a very popular candy recipe is Amaretto Truffles. This recipe only requires 5 ingredients and is a no bake recipe. This cookbook would be worth the money just for this recipe alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, September 13, 2010
This review is from: A Thyme to Entertain (Hardcover)
This cookbook is the perfect gift for friends or family members. It's a huge hit at bridal showers and housewarming parties. Themed menus for different seasons! I tried to get creative recently with gift ideas so I picked a dessert recipe from the book. I bought all of the ingredients, put a bookmark on the dessert recipe and placed everything into a small basket with a big bow on the handle. It was an easy and inexpensive gift that everyone commented about. I highly recommend buying this cookbook.

A Thyme to Entertain
A Thyme to Entertain by Inc. (Hardcover - October 15, 2007)
$29.95 $24.07