Questions & Answers
4.8 out of 5 stars (1,440)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 37 questions
votes
Our kids (4 1/2yr old twins) play along with an adult and enjoy putting the trains on the board. And sorting the train cards by color. But they are too young to play by themselves. But it is a great game tho!
Oct 2, 2013 by R. Young
votes
Haven't played any of the other Ticket To Ride games. As much as we've enjoyed the U.S. based one I should look into it.
Jun 5, 2014 by Bryan Beitel
votes
They are very small. Shorter than a business card but wider.Your only looking for colors so its not a big deal. Great game!
Feb 27, 2014 by Daniel Shaw
vote
The box says 8 and up, and I completely agree. The average eight year old who enjoys challenging games would be perfectly capable of doing well playing this game. But don't let that fool you -- my husband and I have played countless times with intelligent adults who absolutely love the game, too! It can be a challenge, depending on how deep your 'strategizing' goes.
Apr 5, 2014 by Joanie
vote
what age groups Feb 20, 2014
I use the game for kids aged 6 to 10. For the 6 year olds I simplify the rules a bit. The 10 year olds can handle the full game. I would say you can use it for almost any age range, provided you are flexible with the rules.
Feb 20, 2014 by Steven Kilty
votes
I am not too familiar with color blindness but there is a site you can Google which rates Board Game Information for the Color-Blind written by a person who is color-blind. They rate "Ticket to Ride" as Fair saying some of the cards and routes might prove difficult. The game was rated "fair" not "bad" as other games were. I think it is up to the individual to decide. Sorry i could not help more.
Apr 8, 2014 by midyorkfran
votes
age Nov 29, 2013
I have only played this with adults. My friends kids have always loved the game. 15 - 21
Nov 30, 2013 by Jane Owasco
votes
Trains are about 1 inch long, so if child is still in the habit of putting things in mouth I would wait. Also at that age, child would be too young to follow rules on his/her own.
Jan 25, 2014 by Cynthia Schultz
votes
I would think so, but it depends on how young. The game pieces are pretty small so not younger than 5. I would also co-play with an other child or adult the first couple of times. That would assist in getting the concept of route completion. My students LOVE this game and they are 10-12 years old.
Feb 4, 2014 by Samantha Montaño
votes
Yes! I would say 6 or 7 would be the limit. That being said, it is a really fun game. My husband and I play it all the time!
Nov 21, 2013 by Nicole Bostrom
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers