4.0 out of 5 stars What a set of movies.
one was a sort of prequel to the other. Not real good acting.
The two part was great and will rewatch- good part of genre collection
Published 5 months ago by Katherine Dellas

1.0 out of 5 stars Killer Wave unwatchable because of cropping
I had not seen Tidal Wave. I thought it would be fun for its type, but it is not.

Published 10 months ago by Chris Schmidt

1.0 out of 5 stars Killer Wave unwatchable because of cropping, November 18, 2013
Chris Schmidt (Scottsdale, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tidal Wave: No Escape & Killer Wave - Disaster Double Feature (DVD)

I had seen Killer Wave before and this one is fun for its type. However, this version is cropped on top and bottom, and the composition looks cramped. It's uncomfortable to watch. You can tell there is business we were supposed to see but cannot see because it's below frame because of the cropping.

Occasionally in this movie there are frames consisting of multiple images in separate boxes of differing size above and below. Those frames are not cropped on top and bottom, and there are wide black areas on the left and right, proving that the original intention for this film was a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I know there are many apologists on Amazon who defend the reprehensible practice of cropping to fit modern screens, and it would be amusing to hear them rationalize this one. Please, entertain me.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a set of movies., April 22, 2014
one was a sort of prequel to the other. Not real good acting.
The two part was great and will rewatch- good part of genre collection

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but long movies, March 8, 2014
Killer wave was too long, and dragged out.The story line was great, but not exciting enough.It was too dragged out. Tidal Wave was much better, more exciting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great storylines!, February 24, 2014
A lot more human drama than I expected and not quite enough special effects. I think I personally prefer Tidal wave over Killer wave. It had a little more "wave" action.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing pair of movies!, July 29, 2014
Arrived as a 2 disc set--fine--2 movies. Cued up "Tidal Wave" and "Killer Wave" starts to play! OK--let's see if somehow the silkscreen labels were reversed: YES, Tidal Wave is actually Killer Wave, and vice versa. So far, still acceptable, as consider the movie: NOT the "Ten Commandments!" BUT, in the middle of Tidal Wave (actually Killer Wave!) just as the wave hits the Maine coast, CREDITS START! I was thinking like "IS THIS IT?" But then I notice that we are on "Scene 9 of 17." A click of the advance button, and the wave resumes crashing on the Maine town and the movie keeps going! Oh, well--it was cheap, and I may have "won the lottery" with this one--CERTAINLY NOT the fault of the seller!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned this before., February 1, 2014
Lisa J. Music (Mansfield, Ohio) - See all my reviews
Loved both of these movies non stop action in both movies kept me focus on the movies. Would watch them over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, January 20, 2014
Another offering in our Disaster Movie Christmas collection - we got a bunch of them and this one is pretty good - well these two are pretty good. Of course there is a hokey spot or two, but I watch to be entertained, not to see how plausible everything is. So these do entertain and don't offend. I'm sure we'll watch them again and again. And this is the only way I want to see a tidal wave or a killer wave - from a safe distance, on the couch, with popcorn or hot chocolate, family and feline friends!

3.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts as I over looked these movies., December 16, 2013
Package arrived on time as was predicted and in excellent condition. Killer wave was boring hum drum movie that just seemed to drag on. The story line was weak the way they played it seemed unoriginal poorly thought out. Personally I would not recommend this movie but depends on others thoughts as they may like it.

As for Tidal Wave it was okay Not totally original in conception in Idea but passable and pleasant to watch. The acting of the players was okay as far as I was concerned and worked well in the movie. Over all I thought the movie played out well and definitely worth having as I watch it periodically watch over again every so often as its part of my collection of disaster movies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tital wave movie, November 3, 2013
Quite good. Has a good story and well done. I like it as well as much as the average disaster film.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored twice, October 31, 2013
Tidal Wave No Escape & Killer Wave were both written and co-produced by Tedi Sarafian. The original film (Tidal Wave No Escape) first aired on TV in 1997. The subsequent miniseries (Killer Wave) aired in 2007. It's obvious that the latter movie was an unnecessary remake, keeping most of the same elements as the first (just dragging them out for the sake of time in the miniseries version). Neither of these movies have content worth bragging about. The gist of both stories concern madmen out to destroy coastal communities by producing tsunamis and blaming these acts of terrorism on a sap (Corbin Bernsen in the first film, Angus MacFadyen in the second). Wrongly accused, these idiots spend the bulk of the movie(s) on the run while trying to uncover who's really behind the destruction. Greed for fame and power is the supposed reasons supporting these actions. The villains in both movies are obvious at the outset. The villain in the first movie only had one sidekick, in the miniseries there were subordinates all over the place killing people like crazy. Along for the ride in both projects were two women incapable of brewing a good cup of coffee (Julianne Phillips in the first movie and Karine Vanasse in the second). The main differences in these two projects, besides the cast, is the overriding sense of hysteria in the first movie and a peculiar lack of urgency in the second. I was totally underwhelmed by both and thought it more than a little redundant to film the same stupid story twice. It didn't improve with the retelling. I'm not keeping either to watch again.

Tidal Wave: No Escape & Killer Wave - Disaster Double Feature