Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

Tide Pods Laundry Detergent Alpine Breeze Scent 77 Count
Scent Name: Alpine BreezeSize: 77 CountChange
Price:$35.97+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 21, 2015
For years I've using Tide Original Scent and it's treated my sensitive skin pretty well. The original doesn't have an overpowering scent, but I've decided to take it a step further and go dye- and fragrance-free with these new detergent pods. My skin likes it!

Toss one in before putting your laundry in and it completely dissolves during the wash. Pretty cool. Nothing to pick up after running a wash, and my clothes came out fresh and clean. My clothes almost never get stained badly, so I'm not sure how effective a single pod would be, but I imagine tossing in two of them would do the trick.

Lastly, the pod is great for detergent conservation. You don't have to worry if you're using too much or too little detergent.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 21, 2012
Scent Name: Spring MeadowSize: 40 CountVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
PROS
Convenient to carry if you need to do laundry out of your home
Easier for kids and laundry-phobes to do it right
Just like regular tide
Priced competitively (as of this review writing)

CONS
No flexibility in measurement

PRICING
Some of the reviews here talk about pricing, which I want to address.

These tide pods cost about 31 cents per pod, based on current Amazon pricing at the time of this review. This assumes 1 pod per load, which, according to the package instructions, is good for "most loads". The package does suggest using 2 pods for "heavily soiled" loads. But less assume 1 pod for an average load, just as a bottle of tide that says it's good for 32 loads assumes you are using a "normal" amount.

Based on this, if you look at other Tide products sold here, you will see that the average load costs between 25-40 cents. Based on that, this product is no more expensive than the liquid version.

SIZE
These were larger than I expected, and they are filled with a milky liquid. I guess I was expecting a smaller compressed tablet like dishwasher tabs. But these are just packets of highly concentrated liquid that dissolves

CONVENIENCE
Well, I have a washer/dryer at home. I can see how these would be easier to take to the laundromat since you don't have to lug a whole bottle. But I don't have that issue. I also have no problems measuring a capful and I don't find that to be "messy" or whatever problem these tabs are trying to solve. So for me, this isn't really better than liquid.

(Lack of) PROBLEMS
I did not have the dissolving problem another reviewer mentioned. I don't know why s/he had that problem and I didn't. I waited until I had done 5 loads of laundry before writing this review (2 whites, 3 colors) and it all came out fine. It didn't blow me away -- it was just no different than when I use Tide liquid. It was fine.
I also had no itchiness or heavy scents or anything else to complain about. If you've used the regular tide detergent, you'll get a similar experience with these.

USE THESE AGAIN?
The thing is, I actually like the flexibility of measuring detergent. I never measure exactly. If it's a smaller load I might pour 3/4 of the way to the fill line. A little larger or dirtier, and I'll go above the fill line. I do the same with bleach. I like that kind of wiggle room. So I'll probably stick with a regular old bottle. But these are fine too.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Great product and very easy to use. I love it. I wish Amazon would maintain stock as these pods are very expensive in my rural area. If the clothes are very dirty, use 2 pods. I've not had a single unsatisfactory load.

Now, let's address this issue of the pods failing to dissolve. I have well water which is very hard and it comes out of the ground very, very cold at around 40 degrees F. Hard water and very cold temperatures ought to be the perfect situation for the a gummy dissolve failure. But it doesn't happen.

Why? The directions clearly state to put the pod in the machine before adding the clothes. The water plus the pounding of the clothes will certainly break these things down. If added after the clothes, I could see the undissolved pod easily 'floating' toward the drain where it would not be subjected to the pounding necessary to break up.

Added first, it is virtually impossible for these pods not to break down.

One note of caution. Front loaders have a "clean" cycle used to clean the drums. You must run that cycle, with no clothes and no soap at least once a month. This will clean your machine of soap residue. Running this cycle will amaze you at the soap build up and the water and steam will be very, very foamy. This cycle improves the efficiency of your machine too.

Chris Reich
TeachU.com
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 28, 2012
I saw this product at the local Costo store and decided to give it a try after moving from liquid to tabs for our dishwasher.

What I realized so far is that, the liquids are cheaper to buy but expensive to use. That is, not every one has a good judgement of how much liquid to use for the given load. So I end of using too much liquid thus making each load expensive and overall expensive soap purchase.

The pods works as advertised, one pod per load is good enough and it is well measured usage of detergents. I would say that because of this, not much detergents goes to the drain and thus environmentally better.

Since I live in a apartment complex, I have to carry the liquid soap bottle all the way to the laundry area and back. With this, I just have to carry few pods with me.

I would recommend this product very much.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 3, 2012
When I first tried the Tide Pods Spring Meadow Scent, I wasn't sure they were going to clean as well as my regular Tide and color-safe bleach. But, I was wrong!! Twenty loads later and I love these pods. I think they actually cleaned my clothes better. They are really easy to use ... just throw 1 (or 2, for really dirty clothes) into your HE washer drum (it's important to do this FIRST), add the clothes, shut the door, turn the machine on and you're done.

I really liked not having to measure/pour liquid (or powder) detergent and color-safe bleach into the HE top drawer. I didn't have any problems with the pods dissolving in hot, warm or cold water or with big or small loads. I don't know that I would describe the scent as Spring Meadow, but I really like it. The scent is a little stronger (more fragrant) than the Tide w/Downey scent and the smell definitely lingers/last longer. The pods got all of my clothes clean (towels, light and dark-colored clothing). The pods worked equally well on small and large loads (was enough to clean large loads, but not too much for small loads). The pods even have a booster to help get stains out. My first impression on the cost was that the pods were too expensive, but the pods not only contain detergent, but also a stain booster. So, if I look at it on a PER LOAD basis, it really isn't anymore expensive than my detergent and color-safe bleach.

I am sold on these pods!! In fact, I liked them so much that before I finished the 40-count bag, I went out and bought the larger 72-tub at Wal-mart. The 77-pack cost $17.97 (to give you an idea of what they are selling for at other places). While I was shopping, I also smelled the other scents. I personally think the Spring Meadow smells the best out of the three. Also, the larger counts (57+ count) come in a flip-top plastic tub, not a resealable bag (like the 40 count and under).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am a fan on liquid Tide, so when I saw these cute pods at a local Costco I decided to give them a try.

The good:
---------

1. No measuring, just toss one of of these pods filled with concentrated liquid detergent into a wash (instructions said to use two for heavily soiled clothing, so far 1 has been enough for me)
No measuring is handy when my husband does the laundry because he creates a bit of a mess spilling the liquid Tide and having the measuring cup drip over the bottle.
2. Cost of the pods is similar to the cost of liquid Tide (based on total cost of the container divided by the number of loads you can get from liquid Tide and Tide pods)
3. Scent is similar to liquid Tide, you can smell it a little bit after the laundry is done, but it is faint
4. If you do laundry outside the home it is much easier to carry one pod than a whole bottle of liquid Tide
5. It works well in cold water. I use cold water for most laundry and had no issues with pods dissolving.
6. I did not experience any staining from the pod shells. I read reviews that some people noticed stains which they attributed to the pods. I don't have a lot of whites to launder, but so far did not notice any stains in my laundry.

The bad:
--------

1. These pods are so cute that kids like to play with them. A recent Consumer Report issue reports 1,400 calls to poison control centers nationwide about kids ingesting the pods mistaking them for candy. If you have young kids make sure these pods stored locked up out of reach for youngsters.

Overall, for my use the pods work on par with liquid detergent. I benefit most when my husband using pods does not make the laundry sticky with liquid detergent.

Ali Julia review
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 27, 2014
I liked the idea and was satisfied the first few times but yesterday my black shirt came out with four bright orange stained spots - not those stains you can remove, but a permanent stain. Not happy. I put the pod in hot water, waited to see it dissolve half way through and when the water was deep enough that I could no longer see the pod, I started loading my laundry.
Update: Due to the convenience factor, I still use this occasionally although I stir the water to make sure the pod is dissolved. But I mostly resort to the 'Free & Gentle' pods nowadays since that one doesn't have neon color detergent in them... Worked well thus far.
review image
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 7, 2015
this pods stain your clothes when dissolved, be careful or try liquid one.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Victor,

We are very sorry to see what happened to your clothes. When PODS® are added to the drum of your washing machine prior to adding garments, they should dissolve fully. If you give us a call at 1-855-236-3353, we'd be happy to assist you further.

P&G Fabric Care Community Manager
on September 1, 2012
I bought these pods when on vacation. I thought they might be more convenient to use. I have a maytag front loader and I watched the machine start and then I watched the pod go directly into the front portion of the washer (the place you sometimes find the odd sock). So I had to stop the machine and take it out. So I was careful the next few times to make sure it was in the back of the machine. But low and behold, after the cycle was finished, I again checked that front area and I still found the partial remains of a pod. I won't be using them again.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 29, 2012
I bought the tide pods a few weeks ago attempting to make it easier for my children to do the laundry. I was very disappointed. The stains were still in the clothing, nor did they even smell as if they had been washed. I truly don't think they even dissolved in the cold water wash. Very disappointed, expected more from tide. I will stick to the liquid or powder because these things are clearly not cutting it.