Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tide Odor Eliminating Laundry Travel Bag
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 2, 2013
I used to use random plastic bags to hold laundry when traveling. I finally decided to step it up and get a real laundry bag - I like that this Tide bag eliminates odor and is machine-washable. The drawstring keeps dirty separated from clean, and it's an attractive bag.
on September 5, 2013
This is a nice little bag to have on hand for dirty underclothing when traveling a few nights. It's smaller than what I was hoping for. If it had been a little bigger, this bag would have been perfect for what I needed it for. But since it is small, I just use it for smaller items or for light items that I wash but don't want to dry. It seems good, but just wished it was a little bigger to hold more laundry items.
This bag is a MUST if you travel and especially great if you use a carryon (or rollaboard, as they seem to be called now.) You can separate the clean clothes from the dirty and they won't smell like a locker room when you open the Tide bag. Plus, it's helpful for packing to keep clothes separated for organized packing.

The bag seems like a thin but tough plastic bag, not a cloth bag. It's not very bulky. It doesn't hold a lot of stuff--maybe a weeks worth of underwear or some light women's underwear and a week's worth of tops. It would hold only one pair or so of jeans.

Mixing the dirty clothes with the clean has ALWAYS been a pet peeve of mine when traveling. I often stuff the dirty clothes into another compartment in the carryon, but my latest bag is smaller and only has a front compartment that I use for laptops, etc and it's not big enough to hold all the dirty clothing. The Tide bag also protects the suitcase from picking up odors and body oils from the laundry.

If you've ever traveled extensively outside the US, you know how difficult it can be to find a laundromat, so this is a welcome travel accessory for trips more than a few days. Even if you're on a business trip inside the US, it's still inconvenient to find a laundromat and hotel laundries are expensive and sometimes ruin your clothes. This is really a great solution for travelers.
on October 23, 2013
Have used this twice now in my new suitcase and have not noticed any offensive odors from soiled clothes when opening up my suitcase. I have a carry on case and it fits well, filling the interior without excess fabric. Not sure how well it will hold up long term, or if it needs to be laundered...time will tell. But for now it is doing the job. Much better than a plastic bag.
on February 13, 2014
I stayed with chain smokers the first night of my 5 week European vacation - stuffed my stinky clothes in the Tide bag and there was NO carryover to the rest of my packed items. Very impressive.
on October 27, 2013
Amazingly this worked. You don't realize it until you open it to add more laundry and get a whiff of what, thankfully, isn't mingling with the clean clothes in your luggage.
on October 29, 2013
It was perfect for packing my dirty hiking shoes and wet bathing suit home without having all of my luggage smell!
on May 26, 2014
I'm cheap. Really. Really. Cheap. I don't drink coffee because I think it's too expensive. I haggle over prices in department stores, where you are not suppose to. I stack online coupon codes for promotional events, etc. You get the idea. So of course, historically, I'd use plastic bags to partition my dirty clothes on occasions that I traveled instead of using any type of money-costing contraption. This worked for me. It helped save me pennies.

However, I had begun to notice the plastic bags were terrible at odor protection. Although I am hygienic and change my clothes daily, old clothes tend to have a sort of funk about them which delicate noises can detect. If you want to test this out, just wear some clothes and put them in a plastic bag for over a day or two. It smells even worse if the clothes are slightly wet. Thus, being more OCD and paranoid of germs than I am cheap, I decided to try a tide odor bag after having read the wonderful reviews online about this product.

My personal experience with this product has been fantastic. So far, I have used it twice. Once for a business trip. Another for a recreational trip. The tide bag was fabulous at masking the terrible smell of my used clothes. I smelled nothing foul, even though I had worked up quite a sweat on both occasions due to the high temperatures of late.

POSITIVES:
* Masks odors
* Easy draw string closure
* Machine washable (flip inside out and wash with your clothes to make clean)
* Better than plastic bags
* Durable (appearance)
* perfect for a 2-3 day trip / bag * person

NEGATIVES:
* costs about $8 each
* you will need multiple bags if you have more than one person
* only comes in one color, so that makes it difficult for color coding

RECOMMENDATION:
I definitely would recommend this type of travel bag to anyone who travels frequently or travels for prolonged stays, where laundry facilities are not available. If you are not sure about this product, I would definitely recommend doing what I did which is buy only 1 to try it out and see if you like it first. I plan on getting more because this product was so great for me on my most recent excursions.
on September 14, 2013
I travel 4-5 days a week for work. I purchased two of these so I can keep my dirty clothes separated in my suitcase. The bags do a good job of keeping the smells in but they don't seem like they will last very long. Material doesn't stretch and seems like it will rip at the seam if the bag is stuffed full. Not a bad deal if they last for a while.
on January 21, 2014
I was expecting a more cloth or mesh like material, it's more plastic like. The size is ok to hold underwear and socks for a week. This would not be good of you are traveling and plan to use it for all your clothes for a few days or more.