5.0 out of 5 stars best detergent I've ever used
Published 11 months ago by lola

1.0 out of 5 stars Cloyingly awful smell!
Published 8 months ago by Shizly

5.0 out of 5 stars best detergent I've ever used, September 28, 2013
lola (los angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tide Total Care He Renewing Rain Scent Liquid Laundry Detergent 50 Fl Oz (Health and Beauty)
The one household chore that I love doing, that I look forward to in fact, is laundry. As such I feel like I've tried every detergent and additive there is over the years since this is my particular (and peculiar) hobby. But no detergent has worked as well as Tide Total Care HE liquid. And despite the fact that I'm using it in a top-load, non-HE washer while still only adding the amount of detergent recommended on the bottle it works fantastically. I have a lot of dark colored clothing and in the year I've been using this the fading has stopped on my older clothes and doesn't appear to have started on my newer ones. My blacks are still very, VERY black and I've never used a detergent that has kept them that way for this long. My colored clothing similarly has kept it's brightness? saturation? Whatever, it's held it's color (no matter what it is) without fading. It's excellent at removing run-of-the-mill, day-to-day stains without pretreating, though greasy, ground-in, or dried-in stains you definitely need to hit it with some Shout or Zout or similar to remove them completely, but that's still better than other detergents where the stains just fade instead of going away. The other thing I notice the most about using this detergent is how soft the clothes come out. I used to be a religious user or liquid fabric softener, but with this I don't really need it. Do clothes come out softer when I use softener? Yes, but honestly, it's not by that much; you could very easily skip it and save the money and no one would be the wiser. As for the other claims that Tide makes - that this helps clothes maintain their shape and finish, and helps prevent pilling -, I've never experienced those problems with my laundry no matter what detergent or other additives I use, so I really can't say one way or the other. For the record, I do add Calgon liquid to every load of laundry I do regardless of detergent since our area has very hard water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Tide Total Care for me!, August 28, 2014
When my local grocery stopped carrying the BEST detergent on the market I was super bummed. Then I found ti in the prime pantry and I am thrilled! I love doing laundry (I know, weirdo) but this particular Tide "flavor" is the best for all of my washables. I only buy Tide and have it for sports clothes, the scent free for baby clothes you name it, but this one-hands down-is my fave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy you have this can't find I., October 10, 2013
Marilyn Hickrod (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
My grocery store doesn't carry this since they started carrying the pods it's difficult to find in the store this is a good price

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, February 8, 2013
Household likes using this product. Good value for the price. Do not have to use a lot of product to get clean clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only detergent I use, February 7, 2013
Homer (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
You know the Navy Polo shirt that always start to turn purple after a few washes well this prevents color fade and my Navy Polo shirt doesnt go purple until a lot more washes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best detergent, December 21, 2012
Love this! Keeps my kids clothes looking new! So many people ask me what detergent we use because clothes smell great and look new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for apartment residents, November 17, 2011
plustick (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Planned to continue ordering 3-4 of 50 oz. size but now I find it is no longer offered on Prime....and 100 oz. you must buy 4...don't have the space! Sorry....it was a big help!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cloyingly awful smell!, December 29, 2013
Tide renewing rain scent smells so awful and is so disgustingly cloying that I had to take my clean laundry and hide it in a closet until I can rewash it all with an econo-sized bottle of vinegar and some normal detergent -- probably more than two extra washes, based on the SERIOUS strength of its barftastic scent. I also needed to remove my Tide-washed clothes because I was gagging and nauseated. I still feel like I could vomit violently.

I have never had a negative reaction to the smell of laundry detergent, although there were a few I really liked. This one is so bad that I'd be wary about wearing it out in public. I don't have allergies, though people that do are probably going to react strongly. This scent is more powerful than a bottle of Drakar Noir and twice as evil. Stay away.

For scent I like liquid Era and liquid Arm and Hammer.

This is vile. Did Tide test this on anosmics (people without a sense of smell)?

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, September 9, 2014
I am so glad I found my favorite Tide Total care. The have stopped selling this in the stores,

4.0 out of 5 stars Return customer, August 1, 2014
Jarrod De Defi (Stamford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I've been using this product for a while and I am happy with it.

Rate and Discover Movies