5.0 out of 5 stars Tiffany Forever!
Maybe I was at that perfect impressionable age in 1987 (I was 8), but to this day I still play Tiffany loud and proud.

Published on July 27, 2004 by Twinbutterfly

3.0 out of 5 stars TIFFANY 1987-1989
IM NOT SORRY TO SAY, Tiffany is no queen of POP. Someone here has issues, She had her monemts of what 3 or 4 hits, That did last from 1987 through 1989 sold 4 million albums sued her own mother,But has a good voice . I remember on a dance show they said that tiffany makes Madonna look like a old granny.. then sang (I think were alone now). There nothing wrong with TIFF-...
Published on November 3, 2003 by RICO

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiffany Forever!, July 27, 2004
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)

I remember introducing her and her mega-hit "I Think We're Alone Now" to my fellow Grade 3-ers after recording it off the Saturday night Top 40 countdown (as you did back then) and then practically BEGGING my mum to buy me the cassette album, which I played to death, though NEVER got sick of.

How about that voice? Sure, it may be a little over-produced on a couple of tracks ("I Saw Him Standing There"...but a great cover nonetheless), but "Could've Been" and "Feelings of Forever" still give me goosebumps! Talk about Power Ballads!

I believe the album has a timeless quality - none of the tracks really scream "80's" - yes, it's pop. But it's good pop!

And let's not forget that back then, our pre-teen idols (I was also a Debbie Gibson fan) didn't have to dress like they belonged in a seedy strip club, or use a quickie-drunken-wedding to try and sell their records!

Tiffany didn't get the full credit, success and longevity in the industry she so deserved with her amazing talent, but I'll always be one of her biggest fans. Tiffany Forever!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiffany's Debut Album Hints At Still-Untapped Potential, January 13, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
As a 10 year-old in 1988, I remember crimping my hair, donning my pink neon shirt, and dancing with my friends to Tiffany's "I Saw Him Standing There" at one of our birthday parties. At that time, this music was what the current teen craze is for this generation: pure, harmless, idealistic fun. It is only years later, as a 22 year-old student, that I am able to look back at that time and that music in a more removed manner. Recently, the same friend who had been celebrating her birthday with me years ago informed me that she still had (and still listened to) Tiffany's debut album. With that, she popped it in her car stereo and I found myself listening to the album in a whole different way. When one compares the polished, sleek vocals of today's crop of teen queens, Tiffany's vocal style sounds remarkably raw and rough, hinting at an age beyond her years. This is immediately apparent in songs such as "Promises Made," and the pleading "Danny." In addition, songs such as the hit "Could've Been" while retaining rather self-pitying lyrics that would sound, well, rather self-pitying by any other performer, sounded real with Tiffany's delivery. The country-tinged vocal (and indeed country music was Tiffany's first love), give the song a depth that a singer such as Debbie Gibson, for example, even with her perfect pitch, could not duplicate emotionally. "Spanish Eyes" is a restless, slightly dark-sounding number, and "Kid On A Corner" would sound less believable had it been re-made by any of today's teen singers. When Tiffany sings "I'm not gonna be...just a kid on a corner..." with all of the gutsy determination a teen can muster, we want to believe her. Therefore, Tiffany's debut album contains moments of insight, not as much in the production (which is pure 80's pop) as in Tiffany's wise-beyond-her-years vocal delivery. This quality makes what seem like rather inconsequential songs seem haunting, like there is some meaning somewhere that we, the jaded " I can't believe I listened to those teen idols!" crowd do not want to admit exists. When one does look back at this album objectively, however, one can see that Tiffany's was a talent that should have, in an ideal world, carried her past the teen pop craze, as she had potential to move beyond the producton limitations to find her own voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could've been... I mean, Tiffany's debut is great, October 17, 2003
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
OK, Tiffany's turn. Her debut was one of the three albums I bought myself on Xmas Eve 1987.
Her voice sounds like a juvenile Stevie Nicks at times in the opening "Should've Been Me", with a beat reminiscent of John Waite's "Missing You". The title The hurt she feels at seeing her beau's new girl Her voice rises to an angry hurt crescendo, intensifying the scratchiness of her young voice, reflected by a loud burst of synths and a sax solo. "call it jealousy call me a fool/it's more than my eyes wanna see."
"Danny" has a good keyboard beat to recommend it and her vocals near the smoothness of her hit singles. "Spanish Eyes" has a bass and keyboards sporting a typical polished pop sound that was in vogue in 1987.
"Feeling Of Forever", the fourth single, bombed on the charts, but it's a great ballad. I wonder if people thought it a rip-off of Bryan Adam's "Heaven", because the way the chorus goes to a crescendo, down to the guitar and rhythm of the words, matches "Heaven." "Cause all I want, is for you to hold me now/and we can make it through this night forever/all I need/is for you to show me how/cause nothing can stop this feeling of forever." I still like this song even if it does seem derivative.
"Kid On The Corner" has a strong bass and a tenderness in her voice that tries to mimic 60's soul like the Drifters with 80's pop sensibilities and a guitar solo. She asserts she's not gonna be just the title character, which shows some maturity in her.
On "I Saw Him Standing There", which was a gender change on the Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There": OK, there's no way the bursts of synth and guitar that tries to mimic George Harrison's original can match the first song off the Fabs' first album. Some scratchiness comes into her voice as she tries to match the intensity of John Lennon's voice. A valiant effort, but... At least it hit the Top 20.
There is a throwaway cut, "Johnny's Got The Inside Moves", but that's followed by a mid-paced ballad. "Promises Made" uses the "Missing You" rhythm once again, but with her smoother vocals. "Promises made are promises broken" she sings. "Oh it's not fair." Another standout cut.
The pulsing bass and keyboards, with a catchy sound made her remake of Tommy James' "I Think We're Alone Now" shoot straight to #1. Definitely a standout cut and deservedly one that merited the top spot.
"The flowers you gave me have are just about to die", Tiffany sings plaintively in her #1 ballad, "Could've Been" There's some nice piano and string arrangements. "Could've been so beautiful/could've been so right/could've been my lover/everyday of my life" goes the chorus, but she puts on a brave face when she sings "still what could've been is better than what could never be at all." There's a guitar solo that accompanies the crescendo of drums and strings. The best song here hands down.
Tiffany's voice seems more genuine instead of pre-fab than her main rival, Debbie Gibson. I liked both their albums, but even with the filler cut, this album, using more guitar and synths, isn't as plastic as her rival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, to relive the old days, March 31, 2000
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
I was 8 when I bought this(on tape, want to get this on CD)and I loved it from the start. I remember singing along to these songs with my cousins and friend, and I still love it now! It might be 80s cheese, but with all the new teen sensations out now(Britney, Christina, Mandy Moore), this would be the PERFECT time for her to make a comeback! In fact, her new album should be released in May. I CAN'T WAIT!

5.0 out of 5 stars 13 years later, and Tiffany still rocks, March 23, 2000
Aislinn09 "Cathi" (Omaha, Ne United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
I was 14 when this album came out. I can still remember how my female classmates went ga-ga over "Could've Been"....I still remember Tiffany performing I Think We're Alone Now on some talk show in December 1987.
This is a great eighties pop album by a girl who has a great voice but was never allowed to grow as an artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teenage Surprise, April 2, 2005
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
During 80s lack of young music talent was the perennial problem facing the music world. Particulaly few teenagers can ever debut in this glorous corporate music world. Previous year Charlie Sexton made a breakthrough at the age of seventeen. When the Tifanny debuted being young at 15 itself was the appeal and her excellent vocal really surprised the music lover.

Overall the album has the varied track choice but my impression is that it is close to that of Belinda Carlisle or female counterpart of Michael Bolton. I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW the debut single was surprisingly upbeat disco while COULD'VE BEEN is the excellent showcase of her being the power ballad queen just as Celion Dion. DANNY is another excellent song somewhat reminiscent of I GET WEAK by Belinda Carlisle. FEELINGS OF FOREVER and PROMISES MADE are also my favorites somewhat sounds like as if they were rejects from MICHAEL BOLTON's HUNGER album.

Unfortunatly original version lacks no information whatever of songwriter credit including Paul McCartney song I SAW HIM STANDING THERE.

She is now mature enough to fit her vocal and commercial comeback is highly awaited. I am sure it will happen soon.

Recommended for Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, Micheal Bolton and Cher fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1987 revisited, October 1, 2000
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
I remember hearing 'I think we're alone now' way way way back in the '80s and I got the album (on cassette!) just to find out what Tiffany was all about. I remember all those nights rocking to 'Should've been me', 'Spanish Eyes' and the INCOMPARABLE 'Johny's got the inside moves' - which, by the way is the only track on which Tiffany attempts to sound like a black rap star, with some interesting results.
I recently found this album in a small store in Florida, and was pleasantly surprised at how incredible it was !! The music still sounds great, though a tad outdated, but her voice remains as attractive as ever. For those of you who think back fondly on the days where Debbie Gibson, NKOTB and Tommy Page reigned, this is the CD of the moment, and an absolute must-have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly The GREATEST debut from a teenage singer., June 7, 2006
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
Tiffany is the only teen idol I'll admit that I love. I heard "I Think We're Alone Now" on the kids TV show "Full House" and from then on I loved her. After months of running out to my local used record store and they didn't carry this album, I finally ordered this here on Amazon. Excellent fast service. This album went to have 4X Units with the help of a mall tour in the Summer of 1987. The tour was a great successes and it made Tiffany's cover of "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tommy James and the Shondells go to the #1 spot for 13 weeks. This album has other gems also.

1. "Should've Been Me"- Tiffany is filled with jealously and rage when she sees her ex-boyfriend walking along with his new girlfriend. She sings "That should've been me, with ya tonight, that should've been me there by your side, seein' you both, it's hard to belive 'cause it should've been me." 10/10

2. "Danny"- Tiffany sings about a guy named Danny's attempts to win her heart. She sings "When you take your mark, Danny for my heart, it's only pain, what does it prove? Again and again Danny nobody wins. 10/10

3. "Spanish Eyes"- Tiff sings about how she wants to be more then

friends with her close friend. She sees exciment everytime she looks into his "spanish eyes" 9/10.

4. "Feelings Of Forever"- Tiff wants to see that "Nothing can stop these Feelings Of Forever". All she wants, is for "you to hold me now, we can make it through this night together, All I need is for you to show me how 'cause Nothing Can Stop These Feelings Of Forever". 10/10

5. "Kid On A Corner"- Tiff is tired of guys not liking her because she is too young and she can handle a boyfriend. "I don't wanna be just a kid on a corner, hidin' my heart savin' my love any longer". 10/10

6. "I Saw Him Standing There"- Everyone knows The Beatles "I Saw

HER Standing There", toss in a gender-bender and you have Tiffany's version. I think people hate Tiff because she covered this song. I love The Beatles and I love both versions. Tiff's version is very unique, with bursts of synths and saxes, Tiff tries a gritty John Lennon voice and does a very GOOD job. 10/10

7. "Johnny's Got The Inside Moves"- Tiff wants to go to her crush's house but she knows that his girlfriend is there. This

song is very 80s and awesome. This is my second favorite song. 10/10

8. "Promises Made"- This song is about promises that Tiffany's crush made and he broke. "Promises Made are promises broken, promises made, always come back. 10/10

9. "I Think We're Alone Now"- We all know this #1 single that made Tiffany a teen queen. People who like Tommy James might not like this. It's really awesome!

10. "Could've Been"- A beautiful 80s love song. Tiffany cries about a realsionship that really "Could've Been so beautiful, could've been so right, could've been my lover everyday of my life. She misses the scent of his roses that are about to die.

Overall Rating: 9/10, brilliant album. Gave Tiffany two number 1 singles and a sucessesful mall tour. Bubblegum and power ballads.

Just Awesome!

Taylor Hodgkins 6/7/06

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiffany rules!, April 23, 2001
"m2m_92026" (escondido, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
Tiffany is very talented and this cd has very catchy songs and is just amazing! I could not stop playing this! I saw Tiffany and a bunch of 80s pop artists on vh1 where are they now three years ago and ever since I have been hooked to 80s music. I don't know why but I really like this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Britney of the 80's..., October 10, 2002
Eric Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiffany (Audio CD)
Yes I was only in 1st grade when hearing about Tiffany, but I was a fan. Yes I never saw any of her videos because I grew up without cable, but that's not what matters. What matters is her music has stood the test of time. Hits like "I think were alone now" and "i saw him standing there" are just classics! I remember having this tape when it was the cool thing to have. Tiffany really was the Britney Spears of the late 1980's, but with a little better taste. I remember the voice, the clothes, the mall shows...it all comes back to me now after listening to these great 80's tunes. Britney, if you're reading this perhaps Tiffany can give you some advice on your clothes/music. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. A+

Tiffany
Tiffany by Tiffany (Audio CD - 1990)