3,170 Reviews
 (1,941)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Lens Protection and Decent UV Filtration for Your SLR Camera
You spent a lot of money for your SLR or digital SLR camera, and then you plunked down another large chunk of cash for a quality lens. Do you really want to blow another heavy chunk of change for a basic, thread on UV filter? Well, I would normally advise that you don't skimp on quality when it comes to filters. After all, would you pay a premium price for a high...
Published on January 23, 2008 by M. Pickering

1,027 of 1,060 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, but not what I wanted.
The product felt strong, solid, and well put together. The glass was clear with no visible tint or imperfections. Although this and another filter (same type different size) both arrived with smudges on the glass. The smudges were fairly easy to wipe off, but I suspect the items are either not cleaned before packaging, or I received someone's returned item. However, I had...
Published on February 17, 2006 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1116 117 118317 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Did it's job, died like a champ, September 2, 2013
Did it's job well until it crashed to the stone floor in the Vancouver aquarium where it shattered. Went out and got another.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, September 1, 2013
This review is from: Tiffen 62mm UV Protection Filter (Electronics)
I use this with my Tamron 15-200mm lens. It does its job, but when you are taking pictures of sunsets or w/e there is a reflection problem. Still really nice product. would reeccommend for you to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, September 1, 2013
The filter is a great help. This the way to goI have filters for indoors out doors for different lights.They are really good to have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Cheap Filter, September 1, 2013
I bought two of these to protect my nikon lenses. They work fine, and don't seem to give any distortion/color.

Great price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does one job well, but botches another, August 31, 2013
ARH (The Shadow of the Tetons) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I bought 52mm and 67mm sizes of this filter. The primary reason I bought these filters was to protect my lenses. They do this job quite well. The 52mm filter fits my Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens just fine, as does the 67mm lens on my Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Nikkor Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras.

The botching, however comes whenever I have this filter on my camera, which is almost all the time, and I try to shoot toward the sun, which is occasionally. Whenever the sun is in or nearly in the frame this filter produces an annoying greenish spot to appear on the image. I suppose I could continue to use this filter, and I will for the time being (until I get around to replacing it), but I will have to Photoshop those annoying greenish spots out of my images until then.

3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. A must have..., August 31, 2013
Very satisfied with this item. This is not my first Tiffen filter and won't be my last. Best way to protect your very expensive lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do, August 31, 2013
We recently tipped over in our RV. My 100mm lense was inside the trailer and I had my 17-40 was with me in the truck. Both lenses were saved thanks to these filters. The glass on the 100 mm was totally shattered, but lense was safe. The 17-40 filter got a crack in it, but it also saved the lense.
So I immediately re-purchased these. I necessity when you pay hundred or thousands for lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars ALWAYS USE PROTECTION!, August 31, 2013
This review is from: Tiffen 62mm UV Protection Filter (Electronics)
I never buy a lens without a good protective UV filter to put on it immediately out of the box.
It is threaded on the forward side , so your other stuff ( filters, shades.etc. ) still works on it.

Cheap protection for your lens and hey, it's a Tiffen. You can't go wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit Nikon Lens, August 31, 2013
This review is from: Tiffen 62mm UV Protection Filter (Electronics)
Fast service, however the Nikon lens that it was purchased for and marked for a 62mm filter, it did not fit. Didn't go to the trouble of returning it for I have other lenes if I need to replace their UV filter I will have one

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ, August 30, 2013
Fit my nikon 50mm dx lens no problem. Came quick and screwed on easy offers excellent protection. Protect the investment

‹ Previous | 1116 117 118317 | Next ›