5.0 out of 5 stars The best Martial Arts shoes I ever owned.
Published on September 22, 2010 by Robert Degen

2.0 out of 5 stars not recommended
I usually buy Pine Tree brand shoes but wanted to try the Tiger Claw shoe based on mainly on price. I would like to offer a comparison between the two.
Published on January 9, 2011 by JimmyV

2.0 out of 5 stars not recommended, January 9, 2011
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
Pine Tree shoes are made of leather and have pivot points on both heel and ball of foot areas to facilitate rotational kicks. I have owened 2 pairs each of which have lasted 5 years or more each. I wear them for TaeKwonDo training as well as an outdoor summer shoe.
Tiger Claw shoe appears to be made of a synthetic material and had a strong plastic smell associated with them. The sole of the shoe has no pivot points and is more difficult to do rotational kicks with. I have recently purchased them so don't know how long they will last. The smell is less strong but still present. I wouldn't recommend them and will buy Pine Tree shoes from now on

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Martial Arts shoes I ever owned., September 22, 2010
Robert Degen (Ridgewood, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
I use these for Kung Fu training, kettlebell lifting and all around strength training. They are excellently designed for that purpose. They have little padding, so don't try to run a marathon in them. If you want minimalist shoes for strength training or need a pair of shoes for Kung Fu class, do yourself a favor and get a pair of these. If you want padded shoes with arch supports or other high tech nonsense, keep looking. These are Spartan, on purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are better than the Pine Tree shoes..., February 2, 2013
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
I just saw the other review knocking these ones.

I wanted to say I've worn both Tiger Claws and Pine trees as well as the Kwon (Feiuye) shoes all to shreds.

These did the best of the 3.

I bought a pair of expensive New Balance sweat boxes and I'm very unhappy with them.

I'm thinking about going back to my Tiger Claws!

Jet Li is wearing Adidas now?

It's a rough call. These COULD use a bit of a higher quality rubber on the bottom.

I wore the sole out the bottom of all 3 types.

This is Atom...
My show is "Slacking on your Martial Arts"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, June 15, 2010
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
Shoe is exactly as I expected it to be. I do not concurr with other comments here concerning the grip of the shoe. I have had other brands of similar design and these shoes have the best grip of them all. The insoles are a little slim; nothing that a good aftermarket sport shoe replacement insole can't fix. I am very happy with the price of the product and the speed of delivery. I recommend this shoe to all martial artists who use shoes during training sessions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for walking, November 13, 2011
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
Now, I've taken kun fu type classes before, but didn't get these for that reason. I got these to use for a cosplay costume, and after walking in them for 10 hours a day, for almost three days, I can say that it was pretty nice. It's a thin shoe so its not going to be very soft, but they hold up really well for covering long distances indoors. Only thing I would like is them to come in half sizes, as I'm a 12 and 1/2, so had to get a 13. After about an hour, it wasn't a big deal, and I adjusted quickly. The size difference didn't leave any sores or blisters of any kind, and wasn't hard on my foot's joints. Nice quality, would diffidently get them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars True to size, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
This is a great pair of martial arts shoes. The soles are great for pivoting without giving up too much grip. Shoes are lightweight and fit snugly like good martial arts shoes should. I typically wear an 11.5 to 12, so these ended up being a little small after working out in them for a few weeks. I purchased the size 12 and they fit better. The only drawback is that the color doesn't stay on the shoe very well in stressed areas, (meaning where the shoe folds or bends after a few weeks, the color fades.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Martial Arts shoes..., June 6, 2010
Ray Pipkins (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
These shoes are excellent very light weight and comfortable. I was worried at first about the fit of the shoes and the grip while doing different techiniques but these shoes are perfect for me and my Combat Jiu Jitsu classes. I would easily buy another pair if needed. I have gotten quite a few compliments on the style and looks of the shoes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for the little time they were usefull, April 8, 2011
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
I ordered these only 2 1/2 months ago and though I use them 3 days a week, they have not lasted long. They are losing all grip on the top from only marginal rotational kicks (Northern Tai Mantis Kung Fu) per class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Martial Art Shoes, great value for the price, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Misc.)
My son is in Martial arts and needed new shoes. He says that these shoes are comfortable. I had been told that they run small, so I ordered a size too big. They are too big for him now (he needs two pair of socks) but worth the cost to have a little growing room as well. Will purchase these again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Right shoes for the mats, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Martial Art Shoes (Apparel)
I have been a martial artist for 29 years and I usually prefer to go barefoot while training. When I do wear foot while training I want something light and durable, something like what I wear in the real world. These Tiger Claw shoes fit that bill nicely. The sole stands up to turning and twisting on the mats and carpet while training foot work and kicks, and the uppers hold up to kicking the bag or focus pads at full power.

Martial Art Shoes