Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 7, 2004
I can't recommend this product highly enough. I purchased it at Fry's for far less than every other rice cooker in its class (ie. Neuro Fuzzy Logic). Yet it is the most versatile rice cooker on the market. Why? Because the shape of the bowl (narrow and tall) allows you to make any recipe from a medium to large capacity used by the "Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook". I know this to be a proven fact and have made many medium sized recipes that are to be made in a 5 cup fuzzy logic rice cooker only. They come out perfectly in the 10 cup Tiger every time. I've made Steel Cut Oatmeal, Cornmeal Mush, Rice Pudding, Rice Dishes with meat and vegetables, brown Rice (fluffy!), rice blends (brown), Thai jasmine, Brown Basmati, etc. Every dish comes out perfectly. I have used my rice cooker at least once every day minus 2 for the last 3 weeks. I, who said I don't need one because I can make perfect rice on the stove. But when I learned how fast, automatic, and versatile this rice cooker is I took another look. I have seen every other neuro rice cooker out there. Asian stores have all of them on display and I assure you that none are this versatile. I am very pleased with this product but warn you that once you start using it you will become the biggest snob of rice. Highly recommended.
on May 12, 2009
I too purchased this cooker from Fry's in 2007 and it does a great job of cooking rice. My use is about 3 cups (dry) each week. I cook only Basmati Brown Rice and it comes out perfect 100% of the time. My only complaint is that the fluoride coating of the inner pan has bubbled and delaminated from the aluminum surface after about 18 months of use. I wipe the pan with a washcloth for cleaning and have never had anything abrasive inside the pan except the rice and the plastic paddle that comes with the unit. I see from other appliance forums that this is a common problem. So if you can overlook the pealing coating, this is an otherwise good product.
on December 18, 2011
I've bought it in 2005, from a web reseller. Prior, I've got an on/off one and I went out of curiosity about the fuzzy logic models. This was, in fact, the only 5.5 cup model available, so (I was looking for a 3 cup one)... We, in Italy, use to cook a lot, and, mostly, on the stove things as risotto and also grains, lentils. I was curios and bought also Beth Hensperger's book, and read it many and many times. Must say, I go on cooking (short cookin) basmati on Microwave steamer-set or on the stove, and traditional risotto on the stove, but, when I want perfect Japanese or sushi-style or brown or coral/red rice to serve with tajine or to make stuffed peppers or tomatoes or other, this works perfectly. Almost keep-warm function doesn't need.
The inner pan doesn't stick, I just need to let in water and soap for a while, then just put in the washing machine. Plus, it's cute in his round shape, so it looks great on the countertop, near the bread machine.

See 1 answered question