Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: Collectors Edition - Play...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 70% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: Collectors Edition - Playstation 3
|Price:||$25.95 + $6.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$4.04 (13%)|
- CE edition contains courses found in the standard Masters Edition, plus five additional courses developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.
- For the first time ever in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise history, players will now be able to compete at Augusta National Golf Club.
- Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters. Take the challenge and see where you measure up against the greats who have played in this legendary tournament.
- Play like a true pro with a caddie alongside, assisting and supporting your every swing. The caddie will evaluate all pre-shot factors, such as wind, lie, and yardage, to provide a recommended shot.
- Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Collector's Edition is a multiplayer golf game exclusive to PlayStation 3, that allows players to step into the shoes of some of the greatest pro golfers on the PGA tour as they go for the ultimate prize in the sport, the Masters title. Play championship courses like Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Link and others. Rely on the advice of your trusted caddie. Relive memorable Masters moments and climb in the PGA ranks in your quest for the legendary green jacket. Additional features include: 4-player support online and offline, an all-new career mode, commentary by Jim Nantz and David Feherty, over 20 in-game golfers and full PlayStation Move support.
Along with all the content and courses found in the standard Masters Edition, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Collector's Edition features five additional courses developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.
The Quest for the Green Jacket Begins
Winning the Masters Tournament represents one of the sport's greatest accomplishments. Now for the first time in franchise history you too can take part in golf's annual springtime tradition at Augusta National by competing against the world's best for the legendary green jacket. Start your journey down the "Road to the Masters" with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters. Rely on the advice of your caddie to strategize and focus your game while feeling the intensity of the PGA TOUR season. Your career begins on the amateur tour and work your way through the Nationwide Tour, Q-School, and finally, the PGA TOUR. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters has something for every golf fan and is the must-have title this year.
The PlayStation Move control system offers a new and innovative gaming experience for PlayStation 3 (PS3) by fusing realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. Consisting of PlayStation Move motion controller, the PlayStation Eye camera and the optional PlayStation Move Navigational controller, the PlayStation Move controller system enables sophisticated motion control and immersive gameplay only possible on PlayStation 3.
Key Game Features
- The Collector's Edition Difference - Along with all the content and courses found in the standard Masters Edition, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Collector's Edition features five additional courses developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.
- Play the Hallowed Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club – For the first time ever in Tiger Woods PGA Tour franchise history, players will now be able to compete at Augusta National Golf Club. Experience the historic holes that comprise Amen Corner and make a run at capturing the distinctive Green Jacket.
- Masters Moments – Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters. Take the challenge and see where you measure up against the greats who have played in this legendary tournament.
- PlayStation Move Support – Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Collector's Edition for PS3 contains complete PlayStation Move support (Move motion and navigational controllers and PlayStation Eye camera).
- The Caddie Experience – Play like a true pro with a caddie alongside, assisting and supporting your every swing. The caddie will evaluate all pre-shot factors, such as wind, lie, and yardage, to provide a recommended shot. As your caddie's knowledge of each course increases, he will level up through "Course Mastery," making him even more valuable to your success.
- Climb the World Ranking – Feel the pressure of an all-important putt while working your way through the amateur tour, the Nationwide Tour and Q-School. Perform well enough to earn a spot on the PGA Tour. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, the all-new career mode closely mirrors the real-life journey of an amateur golfer as they strive to make it onto the PGA Tour.
- Gameplay Enhancements – Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point. In Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters, players will have the ability to jump start their career mode as they will be able to carry over their XP from last year's game.
- Broadcast Presentation – Jim Nantz teams up with David Feherty to lead the all-new broadcast presentation package. Enhanced visuals showcase high fidelity character models and course details that bring to life all the sights and sounds of a round of golf at Augusta National. For the first time in franchise history, the game will feature 3D grass, which will appear and respond more like actual grass.
- New Players - Over 20 professional golfers to choose from, including Zach Johnson (2007 Masters Champion) and Bubba Watson (2010 Ryder Cup - Team USA).
- Championship Courses - Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world's most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
The best championship courses.
True caddie experience.
A lineup of 20 pro golfers.
An all-new career mode.
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Collector's
Top Customer Reviews
As I mentioned before, the graphics and sound in this new installment are the best yet in the series. Everything from the birds chirping, to the wind blowing, to spectators chattering, this game demands to be played whilst wearing headphones. The commentary is one of the freshest changes this year with Jim Nance calling the swing by swing. Whether he's commentating golf, football, or basketball, I've always respected the guy for having a sense of humor, and a fresh and enthusiastic voice on the sports he's involved in.
The new courses are pretty cool as well. You can go to ancient Greece, Africa (complete with lions and tigers roaring in the background), and a few other exotic locales that serve up some nice challenges.
I enjoyed how "Tiger's Moments" and "Master's Moments" are integrated into your career as a player. In the past those things felt more like a side chore that had nothing to do with your skill level or advancement in career mode, but now you must complete these things to make you a better pro.
Using skill points to buy things from the shop remains unchanged, and your golfer will advance nicely into the Master's, provided you make some additional purchases (more on that below).
These positive things are just enough to keep the average golf gamer happy and challenged for a long while.Read more ›
What I wanted to mention to those PS3 owners debating between the standard and collector's edition version is this : the downloadable courses cost between $4 and $7. For an additional $10, you get 5 extra courses with the collector's edition. In my opinion, it's a no-brainer.
The downloadable courses will host events in the "Road to the Masters" segment of the game. If you're going to be playing this storyline (using your created golfer, this is the main gameplay mode this year), you'll be better off getting the courses on-disc rather than shelling out more $$ later.
May I just add that this is the most enjoyable TWoods game since it was created way back when. Yes, I'm old enough to have had the first TWoods games ... the addition of Augusta National is worth the price of admission ten times over, and add all 4 major championships, the Presidents Cup ... this game has reclaimed the excitement of golf on video game consoles.
It does - it's a really great experience to nail incredible shots in your living room you could never pull off in real life. Below are a couple of my observations:
1. The controller is not as long as a real golf grip, so as a right handed golfer I grip the controller and pull the trigger with my left hand and the right one hangs off loosely. For shots up to 80% power, I can swing with both hands like a real shot. To get 100% power on drives and long fairway shots, I take my right hand off at the top of my backswing and let it rip with my left arm only. Caution - stretch out before playing, I strained my shoulder the first couple times I played and was worried I was actually going to injure myself.
2. It is much easier to get 100% power on your swing with shorter irons, so be careful - if you swing with what would be 60% power on your drive with a wedge, it will be 100% and you will go over the green. Each club has its own 100% power calibration, and the more you play with it the better you will be able to swing for that individual club.
3. Putting was really frustrating until I realized I could stop at the top of my backswing for as long as I wanted, which is really different from real golf. This lets you fine tune the power exactly where you want it (in the disappearing yellow zone) before completing the swing. If you try to take a smooth pendulum type putt swing like real life, it is incredibly difficult to hit the right power.Read more ›
WARNING: Even with the special edition, if one wants to play all of the events in a season, you will have to purchase the "Eagle" set of downloadable courses (the special edition already provides the "Birdie" set). This ran me just shy of $40 after tax. I haven't purchases a Tiger Woods in some time so I am not aware whether one can transfer courses from prior TW games. Anyway, I as not happy that I had to plunk down the additional money.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Super fun to play. Would have liked a manual on the controls and menu navigation.Published 3 days ago by Mark Newlon
Already 1 of my fav games. I love this game. Relaxing and exciting at the same time. My daughter who is 6 figured out what to do without asking me what the controls were. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Christopher Joel Zahn
I have purchased every single copy of TW Woods golf games from 09 thru 14 and TW 12 the Masters hands down is the best of them all. Why? Simply because of it's features. Read morePublished on July 2, 2013 by Ronald Arndt
For years a childhood friend and I get together and "golf", when weather doesn't permit the real thing the Tiger Woods series are great.Published on December 28, 2012 by dayno1220
Note this is not my first Tiger Woods program, I have had several versions, was addicted to them all, had to give up on Tiger Woods 2008 when it crashed and would no longer load. Read morePublished on March 12, 2012 by Chile Fanatic
It is a great, fun, entertaining, game my husband and I love it. We play it all the time whenever we have free time. One of our favorite games!!Published on November 6, 2011 by Lizmcg