4.0 out of 5 stars Live To Read
Published on September 29, 2012 by Chels

3.0 out of 5 stars Disastrous, series-ruining love triangle continues..
Published on September 7, 2012 by Ashley Evans

4.0 out of 5 stars Live To Read, September 29, 2012
This review is from: Tiger's Destiny (Book 4 in the Tiger's Curse Series) (Hardcover)
Readers who were waiting at the edge of their seats can finally relax. Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan return in yet another adventure filled with romance, mystery, action, and intrigue. The story is easy to fall in to; Colleen Houck provides vivid descriptions, the places will be fresh and real in the reader's mind throughout the story. The setting of the book truly sets the scene in this case.

The characters were much the same from the first couple of books with some development. Ren and Kishan are as charismatic and swoon-worthy as ever, but Kelsey began to get annoying. She still hasn't fully chosen between Ren and Kishan although she considers herself to be Kishan's girlfriend. She simply doesn't devote herself to him in any serious way; poor Kishan seems so sure about her, so confident that he loves her and she doesn't give much back. There were a couple surprises in this book, some concerning Mr. Kadam and Kishan, that will make the reader have a "gut reaction." Colleen Houck's ability to affect the reader is such a way is the mark of an excellent writer.

There is a certain magic feel to the story, an undercurrent of suspense interwoven with romance that makes this book very memorable. The ending is, although likely not satisfying for all readers, a good ending. Colleen Houck ties up the last few remnants very well, starting in the beginning of the book to make it less shocking in the very end. Overall, this book is highly recommended to young adult/teen readers.

*Complimentary copy received for review, this in no way affects my opinion*

3.0 out of 5 stars Disastrous, series-ruining love triangle continues.., September 7, 2012
When reading this review, keep in mind that I LOVED the first book--Tiger's Curse--but everything since then has gone downhill from me. The love triangle caused me to give the second and third books lower ratings, and now also the fourth book. If you loved all the books in the series until this point, you'll probably love Tiger's Destiny. If the love triangle has aggravated you, then my review is probably for you.

The love triangle is definitely what ruined this series. Throughout Tiger's Destiny, we have character after character reminding Kelsey to follow her heart, and telling her to pick between "her two tigers." Kelsey knows she has to make a decision. She knows that she loves Ren more. But she still spends THE ENTIRE BOOK just sitting there fretting about it and doing nothing (until the very end). For me this was most frustrating because Kelsey makes it very clear (in both Tiger's Voyage and in Tiger's Destiny) that she loves Ren more. Ren is the burning desire, the passion that cannot be calmed. She loves Kishan, but not in the "soul mate" type way. Kishan is the nice guy who's sweet, and safe, but without any spark. So regardless of which guy *YOU* like better, it's obvious that she should pick Ren because she loves him more and she's passionate about him. But instead, Kelsey comes up with a million excuses why she can't be with him, and instead, she decides to lead on Kishan. It is so unfair to be with a guy when you don't really want to be with him, and some of her actions in Tiger's Destiny just drove me insane (but they're spoilers so I won't list them).

Tiger's Destiny also had some issues that I found in earlier books. A lot of Kelsey's dialogue felt very, very scripted and emotionless. Kelsey wasn't impulsive and didn't have normal human reactions. Humans are impulsive. Even if it means freaking out and then recomposing ourselves a few minutes later. But not Kelsey. As an example: at one point Kelsey is off on her own, and then returns back to where she left Kishan and Ren to find that their tent has been ripped apart and Ren and Kishan are gone. They've been captured. Kelsey looks around and then says to Fanindra: "Well, we've got to save them. There's no question about that." There's no freaking out. There's no OH MY GOD WHERE HAVE MY TIGERS GONE?? I'M NOW ALL ALONE IN A JUNGLE FILLED WITH VAMPIRES AND ZOMBIES!! (which was true) If I was traveling with two people in a jungle filled with vampires and zombies, and then realized I was all alone, I would freak the **** out.

Honestly, the only reason I'm giving this book three stars instead of two, is because I can appreciate the research that went into this book and the creativity surrounding the fantasy and world building. The fantasy in this book didn't draw me in as much as it did in Tiger's Voyage, which was disappointing. Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to appreciate it? I don't know. But I can still acknowledge that there's some insane creativity going on here and Colleen Houck really brings fantasy and mythology to life.

The ending of Tiger's Destiny was totally and completely and 100% predictable, but I still enjoyed it. It's fun to see things get all wrapped up and have a little happily ever after. There were some seriously major Twilight references, but I did my best to ignore them. But one down side is that it felt really rushed. When Kelsey finally made her choice between the two guys, I wanted to rejoice and savour the moment.. but it all ended very, very quickly. I don't know what Colleen Houck has in store for us with the mysterious fifth book, but I seriously hope it expands upon the post-curse days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, August 31, 2012
Candace (Crawfordville, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Tiger's Destiny is filled with adventure that makes you want to never stop reading. Riveting war scenes that make you feel that you are in the middle of the action and cringe when one of the heroes take a blow. Bitter sweet scenes that have your heart aching, and happiness that over comes you with emotion.

Kesley's ultimate task is to choose one of the brothers to love and built a life with. That seems like a simple task, but is too hard for her to do on her own. She is testing throughout the story by both human and beast. She knows in her heart what is true, but does not want to hurt either of the brothers. In the end it is the brothers that make the choice for her. She knows that it is the right choice, but still has a hard time letting go of the other brother.

She also has to face her fear of death. She has held her heart back, scared to be pained by death. She looses yet another person that is dear to her in death. It takes a beast to show her that death is nothing to fear and is the natural cycle of life.

I highly recommend this series! Colleen Houck has a way with words that will make you part of the story and stay with you long after you have finished reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Destiny Delivers !, September 5, 2012
This 4th installment in Colleen's thrilling indian series is everything thing i hoped it would be and everything i didn't even think to hope for.

It starts off with Kelsey's kidnapping and her imprisonment with the power hunger Lokesh as he prepares to take her as his bride and future mother to his vile offspring. I wont give to much away but lets say the engagement is short lived as two very dashing princes come to save her.
Mind you this is just the first few chapters. It gets WAY more interesting as the plight to break the damon curse finally comes to its last task with the rope of fire and kelsey must make her own choice as to which prince is her true destiny. Phenixes, Vampires, death caves, twin brothers, and a very twisted turn of fate leads the gang to a place where a final battle must be won or lost. We make new friends, lose loved ones, and find love in all the places we wished are characters to find it.

Spoiler!!!!!
Ren & Kishan are on equal ground this time around and there battle for kelsey is just as fierce as there greatest battle ahead of them.
Kishan is probably my favorite character as i love his easy going nature that hides a smoldering deep hearted person just under the surface.
Saying that i do think that Ren is the right choice for kelsey and that if kelsey wasn't so traumatized by her own fears of losing the people she loves she would have stopped latching on to kishan as a safety net and realized her heart belonged with Ren the entire time. I felt sorry for kishan because he loved her the way she loved Ren and i wanted kishan to have a women that could love him just as fiercely as he could love in return.

All i need to know now is " What the heck is Tigers Dream going to be about?" she wrapped up so much that i wonder if it is in anothers persons perspective all togther and no longer kelseys. If That is the case my money is on Nilima or Kishan, perhaps even the golden eyed baby?

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, September 1, 2012
These books have been my guilty pleasure for the last couple of years, anxiously waiting for the next book to come out. I couldn't wait to read what would happen to all of my favorite characters, especially Ren ;) As soon as I got my copy of the book I started reading it with a really heavy heart because of the way the last book ended and reading some early reviews for Tiger's Destiny had me on edge.
This book picks up right were we left off in the previous one and Kelsey being a prisoner. The two tigers, Ren and Kishan, are trying to save her and finish the last task to become regular humans again. In this book however, we meet a braver warrior kelsey (more than in the past books) Kishan and her are still going out, while Ren has to watch (even thought he dosnt give up trying to win her) They have to battle many creatures and past many trails to accomplish thier goal and defeat Lokesh. Overall it was an amazing book full of action and romance that have you turning eagerly every page. I must say though this book is bittersweet and I confess I was teary in a couple of chapters. The new characters that are introduced are very interesting. Mrs.Houck I must say even though I was crying in some parts the way you concluded this book was fantastic!!!! I love Kishan but Ren will always be in my heart as my favorite!!! If you havent read the series I encourage you to start right now, you wont regret it and I hope you fall in love with Ren, Kelsey, and Kishans world as much as I did!!! Love The Tiger's curse Series!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiger's Destiny - Colleen Houck, September 20, 2012
I've been putting off writing this review for days now for the sheer fact that I'm speechless... and not in a good way. As many of you already know, I absolutely adored the first three books in this amazing series, and it feels so wrong not to love this book, too, but Houck really disappointed me here. The writing wasn't quite up to par, and the characters were all extraordinarily irritating. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate this book, it just left me feeling extremely disappointed and pretty angry at Houck for not only letting her fans down, but for letting herself down, too.

I mentioned in my review of Tiger's Voyage that Kelsey annoyed me, and that was amped up a level in this book. I'm not sure what's happened to her since the beginning of the series, but the girl really needs to sort herself out. Her indecisiveness is infuriating and neither Ren nor Kishan deserved the hurt she put them through. I understand that she loves them both, but the way she stayed with Kishan even after the Phoenix's test really made me want to slap her. She strung that man along and for that, I couldn't stand her.

I think the one thing Houck did right in this book was the fifth sacrifice. As soon as it was brought to light that they wouldn't be able to return before making the sacrifice, I knew exactly what it would be. However, I can't say I saw it coming before that. It was definitely a surprise and, though heartbreaking, it was fantastically done. It left the book with a bit of a bittersweet ending, and I do think Houck did good with that. I wish I could say more about it, but it would totally ruin the end for the people who haven't yet read the book. Sigh.

There were so many moments in this book that completely broke my heart, one of which I thought totally unnecessary. I all but threw the book against a wall with a certain death Houck decided to write. Why kill him? Why not just put him out of commission for a while? Because it was so close to the beginning, it kind of set the precedent for the whole novel, really. You cry at the start of a novel, and you're bound to cry at other moments, too.

Before I finish this review, I just want to point out something else that irritated me. I don't know whether anybody else has noticed, but the blurb talks about the final quest, right? Well, I don't know about you, but I feel as though the quest part of these novels have gotten shorter and shorter since the first book. So much other stuff happened in this book and only talking about the final quest in the summary is a little misleading... I'm just saying.

Overall, while this book wasn't my favourite, I can't say I hated it. Sure, I was pretty annoyed a lot of the time, but it's still worth reading if you love this series. There is a fifth book coming out apparently, but I'm not entirely sure what Houck's going to write about now that the quest to break the Tiger's Curse is over. This novel had a pretty conclusive ending, so I'm a little worried that Tiger's Dream will feel a little pointless. Nevertheless, even though this novel left me disappointed, I'm excited to see how things wrap up once and for all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spoilerssss, September 8, 2012
ok , sooooo O.o . i dont even know what to say right now . i just finished the book , the thing that made me xry most in this book was .....Kishan . i felt SO bad for him in this book , for being stringed along by Kelsey the whole time . her indecision was so freaking annoying !!! "kishan wants to marry me ...."
"oh my gosh , i love Ren!" pick one dammit! preferably kishan :s i liked ren in the first book , but he slowly began to annoy me more and more . like in the third book , he was like M.I.A. , while kishan was always there. im sorry i just felt horrible for him . i love kishan , and when mr.kadam died , that i was honestly really sad abouy :/ I also felt Lokesh wasnt as evil as he was in the rest of the books , he downgraded :/ his death wasnt all that epic . anyway i know we ALL knew kelsey would choose Ren ? why ? becausd when she had kishan she was pining over Ren . when she had Ren she NEVER EVER pined over Kishan -_- i doubt she ever would . but yeah umm this is not the last book , aparently theres another one called Tigers Dream . what that could be about ? I have no clue ...they kinda tied everything up at the end sooo idk
And by the way despite all my complaining this was an EXCELLENT book , i really did love it a lot , i just felt really bad for kishan . & @ the end i wanted kelsey to keep fanindra . Also the ending a little rushed .:(

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, September 19, 2012
This series... THIS SERIES. It just slays me with it's awesomeness. I swear, each book gets better and better. I think Colleen Houck could stick the phone book in the middle of this novel and I would still think it was the best book I have ever read!

Now I want to state first of all, I did NOT get to read the last 100 pages of this book- they are not included in the Advanced Readers Copy of Tiger's Destiny. I will be rectifying that as soon as it comes out though.

Tiger's Destiny is everything that we love about the previous books- a love triangle that does it right, two very hunky male protagonists, mystery, magic, drama, and a whole whole lot of action. This book is as long as Tiger's Voyage and it never felt like it was dragging or boring. I really don't want to give you any details about this book- I will feel like I am ruining it! Colleen does an amazing job of making her books a tangled web- in the absolute best way. Every detail of each book has meaning- there are no filler scenes in these books. She is constantly hinting and foreshadowing parts of the same book and future books. The amount of time that she has obviously spent researching history, mythology, religions, and simply how to fit everything into her story effortlessly- well I am simply amazed.

If you haven't read this series yet- seriously, what is wrong with you? Go read it. NOW. And then come back and tell me thank you :)

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE REVELATIONS REVEALED!!!, September 17, 2012
Title: Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga #4)
Author: Colleen Houck
Publisher: Splinter
Date of Release: September 4, 2012
Number of Pages: 464
Source: Splinter
Summary from Goodreads:
With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal. It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume in the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tigers' true destinies once and for all.

Review: Well I have to immensely thank Splinter for sending me a signed ARC. I couldn't even believe my eyes. I started right away reading. So here's the thing. I thought this was the last book, because of the four quests and this one being the last. WRONG. There is one more after this! Colleen must really love us! In my last review I wanted to know how Lokesh got his powers. Tiger's Destiny answers that and much more! Colleen Houck never fails to capture her readers and continues to do so in Tiger's Destiny!

Kelsey is in a predicament after the last novel and Lokesh is taking advantage of her weaknesses. I could almost feel Lokesh's gaze on me as if I were Kelsey and it freaked me out immensely. Later on, speeding through some plot points to not give anything away, I found myself crying. Like openly weeping. I loved this character and their death hit me hard. I mourned with everyone in the novel, like I was standing there and watching it happen myself.

The quest's challenges lead directly to Kelsey's character growth and final revelations. I was a bit distracted in all the action, because I really wanted to know who she would choose and if she would be honest with herself. The physical quest paled in comparison to me to the emotional and mental quests the characters went through.

About 3/4s to the end a huge revelation hit me. I knew what was coming and holy freaking crap how had I missed this through the previous three books. It should have been obvious people!!! Colleen I don't know how you managed to pull this off you are a genius. I was so distraught when my suspicion was confirmed I ran around in my pajamas trying to get a hold of my emotional turmoil.

You guys have to read this book now!!! New to the series? Start with Tiger's Curse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 4... Loved it!, September 16, 2012
I have read the previous books to this series and loved them. This book has seemed to have more adventure and less Ren, Krishan, Kells drama than the last 3 books. That's just what it seemed like to me anyway. This book has a lot going on, a lot jam packed in it, and there wasn't much down time between crazy adventures. This book was really sad at times so I recommend keeping a box of tissues next to you.
Each book Collen Houck wrote in this series seemed to get more magical and crazy. This book had some wonderful new worlds and creatures that I loved. Like in the last books, her descriptions of things paint a vivid picture in your mind of the landscape or creatures that the characters come in contact with.
Overall it was a really good book. In the end it kind of wraps things up. I have heard rumors that there will be a 5th book but I don't see what she would write about. If anyone knows about a 5th book please comment.

Tiger's Destiny (Book 4 in the Tiger's Curse Series)
Tiger's Destiny (Book 4 in the Tiger's Curse Series) by Colleen Houck (Hardcover - September 4, 2012)
$17.95 $12.17