5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says.
I hate cleaning the shower/tub.
Meh, out of all the household chores this one ranks as one of my least favorite.
Enter.......the daily shower spray.
As long as you use it after each shower you won't have to scrub for ten hours (exaggeration) just to get the shower clean.
Published on June 6, 2011 by Brian Nallick

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Product!
Published on September 28, 2010 by Sandy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Product!, September 28, 2010
This review is from: Tilex Fresh Shower Daily Shower Cleaner, Original Scent 1 qt (32 fl oz) 946 ml (Health and Beauty)
I used Bissell Daily Shower Spray for a couple of years. It worked great. I came across the Tilex brand and thought it must be better. After a couple of weeks, it left a residue on the shower door (glass) and glass window that I cannot get off. I have tried: Vinegar, Alcohol, Lemon Oil, Lemon Juice & baking soda paste, Tilex Mold & Mildew, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Lime-A-Way, Quick N Brite, Comet Cleanser, Ship Shape, Shout, Cascade powder, and Goo Gone. Nothing works. I have sent a request to the company, so we'll see. I'll never use this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says., June 6, 2011
I hate cleaning the shower/tub.
Enter.......the daily shower spray.
I usually use baking soda on the bottom of the tub as that works better than any spray I've ever used in getting the crud off the bottom of the tub.
Shower spray.
Effective.
Not too expensive.
Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tilex destroyed our glass shower, March 31, 2012
Do not use Tilex on glass shower enclosures. We put in a new shower and after two years, our glass shower surround and door are permanently etched. Tilex was highly recommended by a friend (who does not have any glass in their shower). It apparently works great on tile and tubs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this product!, November 12, 2012
In 2006, my shower doors were etched by this product. I had never had glass shower doors before, and started using this product based on the recommendation of a neighbor and friend.

Lo,and behold, we both had a similar experience with the product...tempered glass etching.

We both sent individual letters to Clorox, and both received immediate rejections of our claims, via form letter.

Fast forward six years, and I see other reviews here saying the same thing. It is most upsetting. I have not used the product since early 2006, and still have etched shower doors. Is it time for some legal action here?

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away, January 8, 2012
I religiously used Arm & Hammer's shower spray, but when Tilex had a nice sale, I decided to give it a try. I preferred the finer mist of the Tilex spray bottle, so I decided to permanently switch. Two months later my glass shower doors were destroyed. They were permanently etched by this product. I notified Tilex of the problem and they were unwilling to even consider that Tilex could have caused this. I guarantee you, Tilex caused this problem. I have used Arm & Hammer's shower spray for years without incident. Stay away from this product at all costs. This product will cost me well over $1,000 for new shower doors.

2 of the 13 reviews (myself included) have shower doors that have been destroyed by this product. Do the math. You have a 15% chance of this product costing you hundreds if not thousands of dollars to replace your shower doors. So I guess you'll have to ask yourself one question...do I feel lucky?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, But Good Luck Finding This is Stores, June 3, 2011
J.N. DiPietri (Washington County, Missouri) - See all my reviews
Since I started using this in the shower, there is literally no soap scum on the shower walls. I use just a few sprays on the walls and sliding doors, and that does the trick. I have not had a single bit of soap scum, mildew, or mold in 6 years in my shower. The spray has a surfactant in it, which reduces water surface tension, and causes it to "spread out" on the shower wall without having to spray every square inch of surface area. In addition to keeping the shower wall spotlessly clean, I have found that the product makes a decent cleaner for your eyeglass lenses, if you dilute it way down (1/2 tsp per 4 oz. of water in a small spray bottle).

It has a peculiar chemical type smell which can be quite strong. Some might find this objectionable, but if you don't overdo it, it does not seem that bad. I can no longer find it in stores where I live, but it is readily available online. So I order it by the case online and have it sent to the hardware store for my pickup - no shipping is charged this way. The fact that it works so unbelievably well trumps all the downsides of the temporary strong smell.

Note that Scrubbing Bubbles was an equally good product, without the strong smell. But the manual spray bottle of that vanished completely and was replace by the much more expensive and silly automatic sprayer bottle that you attach to the shower wall or shower nozzle. This allows you to step out of the shower while it is spraying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for maintaining caulking mold-free in ABS-plastic shower, May 25, 2012
Twin scroll (Dublin, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Used this product for the past 3 months in our freshly re-caulked shower, pleased to report that the caulking is 100% mold-free! (Compared to mold growing within a month when the shower was installed, even with daily drying along caulk edges).

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant live without it!, October 16, 2009
I have used this product in my shower on a daily basis and there is absolutley no sign of the usual expected soap build-up, and the shower curtains still look brand new as well. It has been almost one year since i started using Tilex Fresh Shower and the shower and curtain look sparkling clean. This stuff is wonderful!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for glass AND metal!, November 16, 2013
This totally keeps my shower clean! I have one of those tub/showers where the plug turns up and down and stays in the drain at all times. After using this for a few months the metal on the plug crumbled and broke so, the top of the plug is no longer attached and, has to be replaced so the tub can hold water. The knobs and faucet also have the same kind of white film the drain started to get so, I have stopped using it. I read the issue with glass but, I never saw anything about metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars tilex, September 24, 2013
it woks great in my inclosed shower stall it leaves it nice and clean and make it continue to look as if has not been used

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›