Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tiling Complete (Taunton's Complete)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 12, 2008
Having been in the Bricklayers Union for 25 years, I have some knowledge of basic tile setting.
The authors explain simply and clearly through photos and text what I knew and far beyond.
Especially like the "trade secrets" and "What can go wrong" inserts.
Recommend it for novice or Pro.
on March 4, 2008
This book gave me the courage to tackle the floors and walls of my master bath, project is going great using the tips and techniques in the book. The "what can go wrong" feature has helped me from making shortcuts and costly mistakes.
on January 28, 2010
This book does a good job of going through the necessary steps for the DIY'er to complete a tile job from start to finish. It provides some great tips that will make your life easier. However, the book lacks detail on some pretty basic issues. For example, the section on substrate offers no discussion on the different types available and the advantages or disadvantages of each. More glaring is the lack of information on how to properly attach them to the sub-floor. It's important to me to know that I can use a coil-nailer to attach hardibacker but wonderboard must be screwed down. This same lack of complete discussion of important details is apparent throughout the book. It's a good book but you may find that you need another one to fill in some of the blanks.
on February 4, 2008
I just love starting new projects, but I was scared to death to begin tiling. This book gave me all the information I needed to have the guts to proceed. The instructions were very clear and I can't say enough about all the photographs. These authors did an amazing job showing what they do best. Thank you for writing this book for those who must do it by themselves.
on March 25, 2008
Having some previous tiling experience, I was pleased to discover that "Tiling Complete" contained many well-informed tips and clear, straight-forward instruction -- simplifying and illuminating each step involved, including the handy features addressing mistake-prevention and trade tips. This is the clearest, most thorough book on tile-setting I've come across.
on February 3, 2010
When it comes to tiling, I have found you need several books to glean enough details to do the job right. This is one to have.
on October 1, 2009
This book delivers exactly what it claims. It covers all the aspects of tiling that someone who needs to buy a book about it would want to know. I bought it as a refresher before a new project, not having tiled in quite a few years, and I even picked up a few great tips that I didn't know before. I would recommend this book.
on February 27, 2008
This is an outstanding book. We have done a variety of projects over the years and I have learned the hard way many of the lessons that these authors highlight in their book. If you want to tile, and you don't want to waste your time and money making stupid mistakes (as I have done in the past!!), buy and read this book.
on January 29, 2011
I purchased Tiling Complete because a friend borrowed my Michael Byrne tiling book. As with many Taunton books, the photos are great but information is minimal. There is zero discussion of structure requirements you should be aware of prior to tiling a floor. There was also zero coverage for tiling a tub or shower stall and hanging cement board in those areas. The book is obviously oriented to the homeowner doing a weekend project rather than the professional or contractor who must guarantee his / her work. I'll keep the book to provide tile layout ideas but will be sure to retrieve my Byrne book as it is much more complete.
on January 14, 2016
This book came in handy when we were installed our tile backsplash in our new kitchen. The only thing it is really missing is information for installing tile using a membrane rather than thinset or mortar. It did give us some good tips though that helped with our project. Probably more information than we really needed since our project was just a kitchen backsplash.