Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timberland PRO Men's 40044 Titan Safety-Toe Oxford
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 13, 2010
I bought these shoes around 7 months ago. I have owned timberland's before and they have lasted very long! I began wearing them around 5 months ago. Comfort was great the safety toe was strong so i thought the buy was a good one, how was i wrong! The shoe is still one piece still strong however the sole of the shoe deteriorated rapidly. The kinda work i do involves a lot of bending for inspection purposes. The sole of the shoe has split on both sides and the sole is also worn to the point where i cant walk in a puddle with out having soaked socks!! The shoe has a thin layer of rubber then a sponge type material in the sole, The rubber has worn away leaving the "sponge type" material. Disappointed by the poor quality i was forced to buy another pair (different brand) of work boots....
99 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2014
Love the style, love the comfort. Sole broke in half. Completely failed. Sent photos to Timberland customer service. All Timberland offered was: "you are welcome to send your product to Timberland for a quality inspection". Need to find a similar shoe from another company.
review image
on January 28, 2012
Perfect for an Engineer that needs to get out on the shop floor where safety shoes are required. These are much more comfortable than any of the boots I tried on at a local boot store.
on August 31, 2011
These shoes are basically a cut off set of boots. Initially they rubbed against the bottom of my ankle which was uncomfortable, but they soon broke in and I got used to them. They wore well for a few months, but the insoles began to show wear in about 6 months. When they were pulled out the bed under them looked like cracked concrete that is ready to start coming out. I'm disappointed in their durability. I bought Timberland shoes to get high quality shoes that I expected to be high quality and durable. The soles still look like new, but the inside is a different story.
on August 14, 2012
I began a new job last year and it is required for all employees, even managers, to wear safety shoes. I have never wore safety shoes and the first pair I purchased hurt my feet terribly. I asked some other manager what they wore and most wore Timberland PRO safety shoes. I have wore these now for a few months and my feet are doing fine. They are actual comfortable shoes that I can wear everyday and when I leave work, my feet do not hurt. They are actually more comfortable than the regular shoes I was wearing to work that looked like safety shoes. Next year, when it is time to purchase another pair of safety shoes, I will buy these again. You cannot go wrong with quality or comfort.
on March 13, 2015
I bought these for my husband who wears a 15 W and they have been great! I shoppe for a long time an wasn't sure what to purchase him, but am glad I got these an they were definitely worth the money. He works 12 hour days and walks a lot, he wears these without inserts and while he may never find a pair of shoes that is 100% comfortable for that long, these have held up well and he wants me to order a second pair. We occasionally treat them with some polish, but have done well in the snow and still look pretty good after many hours of use.
on February 15, 2016
These shoes are great. I have purchased many pairs. I usually get 6 months of daily use out of them. The toes shred like mad though if you work in crawl spaces. The two protection is inadequate. I used Tuff Toe on the last pair I bought and it made a HUGE difference. I wish they came with a protector for the toes out of the box.
on December 30, 2014
I've been wearing these shoes for 20+ years and I love them. They are low and therefore not suitable for field work. I wear them for mechanics and light carpentry jobs around the house. I find them comfortable for hours of wear and they provide ample support for hours of standing and climbing ladders. They are easy on and off as compared to traditional high work shoes. The lug sole will trap/track mud around, but it's not as bad (and therefore better suited for inside work)than a Vibram style sole.
I like the leather uppers, which polish up nicely for a casual night out.

I bought the similar Timberland 47015 shoe and have worn it for several years. This Christmas I bought a pair for my dad. The 47015 shoe has a "soft toe", is not heavy and the color is cordovan. The leather is very good quality and takes polish well. Dad likes the lighter shoe.

This year, I wanted the safety toe so I opted for the 40044 Titan shoe. The shoe is definitely heavier and the color is dark brown as compared to the cordovan 47015 shoe.

Both shoes fit the same and were true to size.

I just read a few reviews that say the shoe wears out quickly. I am hopeful that I'll get similar service from these as past pairs I've owned, which were "very good". My current "last pair" wore through the sole while the uppers and foot bed are still ok. I'm still considering getting them re-soled ($65) for use as a spare.
on January 22, 2014
I work in a restaurant environment and am on my feet for 8, 10 or more hours per day. So I was searching for shoes that provide both a high level of comfort and support. I've only worn these shoes for about a week now, but I like what I'm feeling. They were a bit stiff at first, but now that they are loosening up I forget that I have them on. Me feet and arches no longer ache when I get home after a long shift. I did supplement this shoe by adding a Dr. Scholl's gel insert, but that's it. If your feet and arches ache from standing all day long, these are the work shoes that you have been looking for.
on April 25, 2014
As mentioned, this is the 2nd pair of these that I've purchased. The first pair was bought from a mobile safety shoe truck that came to my work. Price was nearly 30% more than what I paid here at Amazon.

I have a normal width foot, but I buy my safety shoes in wide. This gives me more wiggle room in the toe. It's just more comfortable for me.

My first pair of these lasted 6 years, worn for 10-14h a day... 5 days a week. Sure they were looking a little rough toward the end there... but that's a heck of a run for a pair of shoes. When it came time to replace, it was a no brainer to get the same shoe again. Even found them in black... I'll be ordering a pair of these soon.

The composite toe is very light when compared to traditional steel. The sole is simple, but provides good traction in most conditions. Laces are adequate.... lasted the full 6y in the old pair. For me they require little to no break in time.... i wont say they are instantly comfortable out of the box... but close. I have them on my feet now, day 4 since new.... and they already feel like part of the family.

Buy with confidence... these are great work safety shoes.