4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Boots
Published on September 3, 2009 by M.A.K

3.0 out of 5 stars Come on, Timberland! Give us quality!
I previously owned a pair of brown double gored Timberland boots in almost a previous version of this style. They had a hard spot where the heal ended. This created a pressure point in the bottom of the foot and the shoes could not be worn for long periods of time. It was so bad, I am convinced then never quality tested this boot. So I got an insole. Problem solved...
Published on January 29, 2010 by Dave N

3.0 out of 5 stars Come on, Timberland! Give us quality!, January 29, 2010

These new boots have a better insole, so at first I was happy. But after wearing them for a while, I found that the top of the tongue was uncomfortable pressing on my shin. It feels like at then end of a day of skiing in plastic ski boots. I wondered why the other boots didn't do this so I took a look. The old boots had padding around the inside edge of tongue and the back inside edge where your ankle exits the boot. Timberland obviously knew that these pads are needed in this style boot, because they included them in the previous version. But they cut them out in this version, presumably to save money. At these prices, I expect better. Oh, and these new lower quality boots COST MORE than the old ones, which had the padding. COME ON TIMBERLAND! Give us quality! I admit that your boots are the most attractive. But make the wearable and long lasting, and your boots will earn five starts and create loyal customers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Boots, September 3, 2009
M.A.K (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This Boot by Timberland is a re-badged version of their Torrance Chelsea Boot. Price online is about equivalent to what you would pay at a department store. So I purchased mine at a department store. Timberland used pretty good high end leather to make this boot. Comes in a matte finish. Touch the leather and you will know. These boots fit very true to size so order your exact size. If your a size 11, then order a size 11. Do not order a 11.5 Unless you like wearing your boots very loose. These boots have a real comfortable inner sole so your feet will feel comfortable. This is my third pair of Timberland boots and by far it is the most comfortable boots. They go great with a pair of dark blue jeans. This is a pull-on boot and not a zip up boot, so you need to put more work into it, to put it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars More enjoyable every day, November 29, 2010
These boots blew away all expectations I had after ready reviews from this site and others. If the proper research is done, these boots will fit you perfectly. Here is what you need to know to be completely satisfied with your purchase. 1. If you wear a 9.5 in shoes, order a 9 in these boots. They fit a half size large. 2. Wear high top socks with these boots. Reviews from other sites complained about how the leather rubbed their lower calves sore, but a boot of this type was not made to be worn with gym socks. If they feel roomy, try buying thicker socks. 3. Give these boots time to be broken in. The leather is beautiful and sufficient quality, so allow them time to fully form to your feet. Other reviews from different sites complained of comfort, but I imagine they didn't quite understand the satisfaction patience can give someone concerning well made boots. 4. Personal tip: wearing a dark colored, boot cut style blue jean with these boots will leave you very impressed.

On a final note, you will be skeptical at the first sight of them due to the elastic that is found on both sides. If you are concerned with looks, wear a good fitting boot cut blue jean. If you are concerned with them being waterproof, rest assured that you need not worry and the elastic holds up well. An excellent boot, and best wishes to you all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on Air... or Something Like It, September 30, 2011
I'll keep this simple:

1. These shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've had in years.
2. They are high-quality (If you use the front and back loops simultaneously while pulling on the boot, they won't break. It is also easier to get them on that way.)
3. Wear long socks when you wear these because there will be high-ankle rubbing because a.) you shouldn't wear short socks with these anyway, and b.) the elastic needs to be tight to insure a better fit.
4. They look rugged yet sleek--a very versatile look (not as shiny as the picture)
5. They have excellent gripping capablity. People need to know, no matter how deep a shoe's tread is, there will always be a slipping hazard on ice. These have great stability on gravel, pavement, snow, etc.

I hope this helps. Enjoy the boots, I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dress/walking shoe, May 1, 2013
This boot fits my needs very well:
1. Must be dressy enough for work - looks good with slacks.
2. Must be relaxed enough for casual day wear - looks good with jeans.
3. Must be able to walk LONG distances without foot stress - I'm in my 50s and can walk several miles from work to home without calluses or discomfort.
4. Must age well so that it stays presentable for work through out its life.

I've worked for several California corporations and have never had anyone look askance at my footwear, but I have had coworkers complement the shoes and ask for brand name when they hear how much walking I do in them.

Other "comfortable" dress shoes either aren't formal enough (they look orthopedic), or they damage my feet if used for walking (either too heavy or improper sole for walking), or they don't age well (soles wear out, leather tears, etc).

I wear the Chelsea 2 to 3 times a week, walking 5+ miles every day. A quick polish every month or so is the only maintenance. Each pair has lasted 3 years or better under this regimen. (I replace shoes when they are not presentable, which is well before they break.)

However, true walking/dress boots is a recent trend. There are several competitors that have sprung up in the last 5 years and I have not tried those due to my contentment with this brand, so I might be missing out on an even better design out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very High Quality Boot, April 18, 2014
I was impressed with these boots right out of the box. The feel of the leather, the overall look, the design of the sole, and the Smart Comfort insole all combine to make for a great boot. These boots fit me perfect, they are true to size (13D) and are a snap to get on and off. They provide amazing support and walking in them is a joy . Be sure to wear a mid-calf sock with these. These boots are a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, November 19, 2013
Every boot I own should fit as comfortable as these. Not a big timberland fan their boots are usually to heavy for me but not these. Very light and comfortable and sized true. I will buy these again when needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland's Chelsea Boot is the Best, December 23, 2012
As someone tall with a size 12E foot, it's difficult to find quality, durable and stylish shoes and boots. This is my third pair (in many years) of these fashionable boots you can dress up in a suit or down in a pair of jeans. They are durable, weatherproof for our New England sloppy winters and easy to clean. They fit perfectly and are true to size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland Men's Mt. Washington City Chelsea Boot, December 6, 2011
M. Brown "brownmu" (Gainesville, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
The boots were delivered in a timely fashion. So far, the quality seems very good. I ordered a half size larger than normal because my usual size was not available. I wear an orthotic insole (3/4 length) in my shoes and found that the half size larger was perfect. These boots are very comfortable out of the box. I hope they keep making them.

5.0 out of 5 stars thanx to amazon, October 6, 2011
Awesome boots at an affordable price and all this could happen at Amazon only. Timberland has every answer when it comes to style and durability....jus luv these boots and the look they give when I carry them with my cargo or jeans....I would highly recommend this ones and that too from Amazon only...bcz you not gonna find a cheaper deal than this anywhere else....

Rate and Discover Movies