5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots - with a catch
These boots are supremely comfortable and waterproof (they also look fantastic). I have a number of pairs of these and wear them on a daily basis. The boots aren't insulated (which I like), but offer room for thicker socks when it gets cold.

Published on March 2, 2010 by C. Sharpguy

THIS IS MY 2ND PAIR OF THESE BOOTS WHICH ARE VERY STYLISH & COMFORTABLE BUT AFTER A WHILE OF WEAR, THE SOLES BEGIN TO COME APART FROM THE SHOE . ALSO THE STICHING ON THE TONGUE OF THE BOOT CAME APART. GREAT LOOKING BOOT BUT DISSAPOINTING QUALITY.
Published 1 month ago by Willy Gabela

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots - with a catch, March 2, 2010

The soles of these boots wear down very quickly (especially the forefoot). I understand wear patterns will be different for all people, but most of my shoes wear evenly and pretty slowly. Within 5 months of regular use, I wear through the forefoot of these boots.

That said, the uppers of the boot are very rugged and durable and (after a number of years of use) don't show any signs of wearing out in my lifetime. These boots can be resoled quite easily by any shoe repair place. After putting a nice heavy-duty Vibram sole on, the boots are pretty much bulletproof and will last forever.

I'm not the type of person who typically will deal with things like having a boot resoled, but these things are so good, it's worth it. Even with the hassle and expense of resoling, I still give these a solid 5 star rating - that should tell you what you need to know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need width size info? Look Here. Also the Best Boots for an office khaki wearing motorcycle commuter!, June 30, 2012
(scroll to the bottom for width sizes)

I saw these boots at my local retailer, loved them at first sight and tried them on. I regularly wear a size 12 but they were big. Great fit was at an 11.5 wide i think but they didn't have a wide, just a narrow. If it weren't for that I would have happily coughed up the $180 or $190. But i still was trying to convince myself to take them home. So i begged and cried to my wife from my mens department to please come look at my new boots. So after some continuing embarrasement she finally left her womens shoe department and gave me some much needed attention. Even my wife said they would look good with jeans and khakis and agreed they were pricey but justifiable solely on their good looks. And oh they are timberlands she said, that's nice. I didn't care if they were Payless shoe boots they looked awesome, rugged and sophisticated. Perfect for me! Although I have to add Timberlands are quite comfy and lasting because I'ved owned (2) pairs of PRO Tiatans for but busting activities like hiking and kicking hot pipes at the oil refinery. My first pair fell victim to sulfuric acid dripping on the top, but they saved my foot!

With that said, I had to have them. She told me why not try another store or even amazon like you always do. Oh yeah, she's a genius! Went on amazon on my mobile and wow they are so cheap! My wife saw that and zipped away to buy now 2 extra pair of shoes.

But amazon had different colors and many sizes. No problem I had a Brannock device right next to me ( the metal foot ruler thing-a-magig with sliders and stuff to measure proper shoe sizes). So I played around with the device and used my fat foot ( most people will not have symmetrical perfectly feet, weird I know but true). But my left had been broken in half and now was permanently pregnant, so I knew I needed wide, but how wide? So here are my research findings after fiddling around with the Bannock device with both feet.

Fit size
Get at least 1/2 size smaller in length and standard or slightly wider size (C or D) and maybe even a whole 1 size smaller but if you do get a wide shoe. the letter designations are different widths. But they differ slightly with different shoe sizes. D is standard width for a given shoe size. I think the increments are in 1/8" or 3/16" according to my ruler on my pocket knife.

AAA = Super Slim
AA = Extra Slim (the more A's the more Extra)
A = Slim
B = Narrow
C = Less standard width almost narrow
D = Standard Width / Medium
E = Wide
EE = Extra Wide
EEE = Fat
EEEE = Super Fat

Anyway I usually get a 12 standard (D) but I bought 11.5 E. My left foot was easily a EE but I didn't want him to look at a mirror next to the right and feel bad.

These boots also saved my high water pant problem when commuting to the office on the motorcycle. The lace height easily covers my sexy ankles and saves countless women from distraction while driving. The short height of the toes make them almost pass for casual brown shoes. I now pair these boots with my chinos and my engineer issued plaid shirts to wreck havock on the office women and keep them from being productive.

2.0 out of 5 stars SUPER COMFORTABLE BUT ( *INFERIOR* )SOLES & OR GLUE USED. THE SOLES COME APART AFTER A WHILE ., November 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Slipperl-like Comfort, November 15, 2009
My Timerland Earthkeeper boots are well-made and comfortable. I returned the
first pair I ordered in my usual size, 9.5W, because the boots were a little too
big. I ordered a pair in 9W, which fit perfectly. The boots will not require a
break-in period because they are flexible right out of the box. The stitching is
even. I like wearing my new boots so much that I wear them at night when I am in
my pajamas. I've worn these boots on long hikes, traversing loose sand, rocky
outcrops, and steep hill sides. The soles grip loose surfaces well. I've
haven't slipped on granite or basalt rocks.

I recommend these boots because of the high quality, sturdy construction, and comfort.

3.0 out of 5 stars I've had better Timberlands, March 18, 2011
I live in snowy and icy Michigan, often working in outside conditions. I've been buying Timberland exclusively for years and they have treated me well. However, a month after buying them, I have a few problems with the Earthkeepers. First of all, the tongue on EACH boot is the victim of a poor stitching job, causing the top part of each tongue to be sewed only halfway. Once tied, this is no big deal, but a bit disappointing considering the price. I called for an exchange, but apparently I have a rare (or very common) foot size and was able to only return for a refund or keep the boots as I bought the last pair in my size (13W). I decided to cut my losses and keep them.

One other manufacturing problem is that it appears as if the sole on one of the boots is starting to come unattached to the boot itself, toward the heel end. I would be surprised if these boots lasted even a year before needing to getting resoled, not due to the sole wearing down but because of the sole actually coming off. For now the sole is staying on and does not appear to be loosening any further but I am wary.

Speaking of the sole, the traction of the boots is pretty bad. If you work in any sort of environment with slick floors be prepared to find things to hold onto so you don't slip and fall. This was not a problem with other Timberlands. I'm guessing it has to do with the "earth-friendly" material.

These boots, however, are certainly not all bad. The fit is great. After a short break-in period of maybe a week I am able to wear them for 12 hours without my feet getting sore. The arch supports felt a bit obstructive at first but now have conformed to my feet. They look great, as well. Not totally water-proof but as long as you are not splashing in puddles your socks should remain dry. All in all, not perfect, pretty good, but not as great as I would be hoping for from Timberland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boot I've ever worn., September 2, 2013
San Diego Dad (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:03 Mins

These boots are about the only thing I wear 6 months of the year. They are incredibly comfortable. The lining is soft, and seems to wick sweat away better than regular boots. I wear them to work (just office work) and about everywhere else. I would consider them casual wear, as opposed to work or hiking wear.

The upper is well put together, with stitching that holds up well, and even the laces are intact after 3 years. The only downside is that the soles do wear out faster than the uppers. I suppose this is a side effect of the recycled material, so I'll take it as a trade off. I am going to try and resole them this year, but if that doesn't work out, I will definitely buy another pair. These are too good to be without.

UPDATE - 12-25-2014: Just had them re-soled after 4 years. I've read elsewhere that it isn't possible because the soles were rubbery, but I just brought them in to the local shoe repair place "John's Shoe Repair" if you happen to be in San Diego. Great job. The color of the new sole is darker. We looked at everything he had in stock, and only a few had heals that matched, so I picked the closest option. The upper still look great, and I'm looking forward to another 4 years. I can't load another video here, but I'll post one for you on the tube ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars good good good, August 18, 2013
本来我不帅的,但是我穿上了这双鞋,我瞬间就帅了,变成高富帅
I did not handsome, but I put on these shoes, I instantly handsome, become rich handsome.....Love it
I wanna to buy more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot, extremely comfortable and good looks but runs large, October 22, 2013
These boots are exactly what I was looking for; looks and function without bulk. Be warned though, After reading a lot of reviews about this boot, saying they run large, I bought a size smaller than I would in any other boot and I am glad I did, because I can wear thick socks and they still have room. If you buy them knowing this, they will not let you down. I would not buy these for heavy duty use, but in a chilly wet climate like we have in Seattle, they will be perfect for providing good looks and warmth. I did spray them with leather waterproofing as a precaution. These

5.0 out of 5 stars timberland earthkeepers, January 19, 2011
these boots are unreal. i bought for the soul purpose of the way they look. i have work boots and snow boots but not really a pair to wear out for the night. these look unreal with a pair of jeans and a nice shirt. all my friends want a pair now because i have them. they are so light on the foot you almost forget your wearing boots. they are very comfortable and i'm addicted to them. i almost bought a pair for these upwards of 200$ at macy's right before christmas then i found them on here for much cheaper. i've had these boots for about half a year now and i have no complaints. all around excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland Earthkeeper Renovation boots, November 10, 2008
Great boots. They look good, esp. with jeans. They are considerably lighter than most Timberland boots----the sole is thinner and the interior doesn't have the usual thick lining. But the quality is still there and they are very comfortable.
Timberlands always run big on me, so I buy a half size smaller than my true size.