Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timberland Men's GT Scramble Mid Hiking Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 16, 2013
I bought these for a camping/hiking trip to Utah late spring. They are very comfortable and took almost no breaking-in. They were great for wearing around camp and general desert hikes. Arch support could be better, and the insoles are not removable to wash, unless you separate the glue. The soft sole was great for sand and gripping rocks in the desert. But on that note, these were horrible when we went to the LaSal Mountain range which was loose rock. There is no midsole shank so my feet were in pain during the descent. Rocks stabbing you in the foot after a 3000 foot ascent are not pleasant.

I would say these are great for general hikes, camping, etc. But if you terrain is going to get rocky, get something with a stiffer sole and a little more support. I'll be getting some new insoles for these.
on January 15, 2014
I have been looking for a grey Timberland boot for quite sometime and this one is pretty good, it fits great and feels like it's constructed of decent materials. Good boot for just about any activity.
on February 25, 2013
Size is perfect. Husband wears a 13 gym shoe, got 13 in these and they fit great and still had room for winter socks. Waterproof and lightweight is really impressive. They look great and don't really look like the conventional hiking boot. Very happy with the purchase, only took him 1 week to break it but never got blisters or anything.
on October 3, 2012
I saw these on several sites for more than double the price. These reminded me of my childhood boots but way cooler. The throwback styling is awesome and they are super light, breathable, and the outsoles seem super grippy. I think these will work well for winter. I'm glad I didn't wait to buy these.
on October 27, 2012
Got these for my son (21) and he loves them. They are not only very nice looking but comfortable as well. He says he could see himself hiking in them all day.(but he won't because he doesn't want to get them dirty!). Size was true.
on October 6, 2012
I am a consistent 10.5 except for a few brands and this fits like a 10.5. Feels a little like a basketball shoe with good support and great tread. I always hike in trail running shoes. I bought these for a fall trip to Colorado and did several 4 mile hikes in these. They were comfortable out of the box. Not too sure about longer distances, would give rhem a try though. Reminds me of a pair of Nikes I had as a kid. Great shoes!
on February 11, 2014
I have done a few day hikes in these boots. They are comfortable right out of the box with no break in required. The fit was just right for my size and I had no issues with blisters etc. I like the bottom tread a lot and I get a good grip when moving around on uneven surfaces.
on September 28, 2012
The reason I am not giving five stars because I have several pair on Timberland boots and these doesn't have the support like the other ones I have. They are comfortable and look great.
on December 23, 2012
These are by far the most comfortable boots I have owned, I wear them everyday for 12+ hours and they are still comfortable after that. I would compare the comfort to a nice pair of Nike running shoes. I have bought three pairs of these in different colors because I like them so much. I may buy a fourth pair soon.
on December 9, 2013
More of a solid, extremely well constructed high-top sneaker than a hiking boot. So far it's been able to easily withstand a variety of abuse I've given it - street & some trail (mud, rock, tree branches, etc.). Was somewhat concerned about the ability of the soft sole to hold-up, but so far it's exceeded my expectation and seems to be outlasting the recycled, soft-rubber soles the Timberland Eartkeepers line of boots is now using.