Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timberland PRO Men's Wedge Sole 6" Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 3, 2014
This is a nice boots, very soft leather, i really love the reddish color but the size seems smaller and wider than the timberland pro direct attach boots. The size difference is very little but i could tell the size difference compared to my direct attach boots. Nevertheless, this a nice pair of boots from Timberland.

Update: the sole of his boots is not as soft as the direct attach timberland pros. The outsole is also not as "sticky" when used on snow/icy ground. If you want a really protected feel, you should go with the Timberland pro direct attach boots. This is more of a casual boots rather than a work boots for me.

Again, the reddish color of the leather is amazing! :)
review image review image
on December 6, 2015
The boots look great and are extremely comfortable. There is one huge problem though. The rear edge of the sole started peeling up after only one week of work. I wear work boots for upwards of a year and I have never had such a terrible experience with a product that is supposed to be "PRO" I'm a carpenter and I rely on my boots to get me through the day. That can't be accomplished when I trip over the soles of my own boots. Maybe it was a fluke and I got the 1 bad pair, but it doesn't change the fact that I spent good money on something that should last at least 6 months, only to find out that I am only going to get 1 week out of them.
on October 30, 2012
I am a construction inspector and have been wearing these for about 9 months now. They are very comfortable boots and the leather is very supple. I usually wear a wide but the medium width fits perfect. After a few months a small puncture appeared on the sole at the front of the footbed and has gradully gotten larger. This is not so great. The outer sole at the heel has worn through to the midsole which is also not great. I would still consider purchasing another pair of these boots because they are that comfortable.
on March 2, 2015
I only received the boots a few days ago, so this is a preliminary review based on a couple full days of weighing them.

Summary initial impression is "AWESOME".

I wear 11D and the fit is perfect for me. I cannot tolerate tight boots. As a day gets long and your feet get warm, you need boots with a little room, but not too much. These fit my dogs very nicely, both in length and width. I will also note that the boots slide on and off very easily.

The leather is thick, rich and super supple. The tanning is even and first rate. They are beautiful boots.

The insole in high density molded foam, covered with a durable fabric. They are comfy, but I may eventually replace them with something more customized to my feet. That's just a personal preference, and not at all necessary.

The soles are cushy and as such I would expect them to wear more quickly than something harder. Like tires, it is a trade off. If you want softer more comfortable soles, you're going to forfeit some longevity. I always opt to the side of comfort. I'd rather buy a new pair of boots in a year than have sore feet.

I specifically chose a work boot that had eyelets all the way to the top. Some might prefer speed lace eyelets. I do not. I lace to the top and put knots in the ends of the laces. I then loosen up the laces, slide my feet in, tighten them up and tie them off. It takes less hassle and less time to tie. I will also note that the included laces are exactly what I like. They are durable nylon that slide easily through the eyelets and tie off easily. The color is perfect for the boots.

I seriously considered buying a pair of Red Wing Heritage boots for $280. I am glad I opted for these. We'll see how they hold up, but even if they wear a little more quickly, I can buy nearly 4 pairs of these for the price of the Red Wings.
on November 25, 2015
the boots in a two weeks the sole started to fall off!! im trying to get the sells man to give my cash back!!! i dont recomend them:(
on August 29, 2010
the sole of the boot began comming apart about a month after wear on construction job. good value for the price
on December 26, 2014
I'm very disappointed with these boots. I've had them for two weeks now and they are already falling apart. The bottom of the boot has started to crack and part of the inside is coming out (see picture). I can push it all back in but it just pops out again. The boots were a bit larger than I expected. Reading the other reviews I see that is not an uncommon complaint. I added some insoles and they fit better now. I am waiting to hear back from Timberland about my warranty claim.
on May 22, 2015
I'm a timberland kinda guy and have bought different pro boots from them. If you're a10.5 regular then 10 might be better fitting. I'm going to try a thicker pair of socks and see how they fit then
on April 5, 2014
Came from Red Wings to these trying to save some money. I'm a building engineer so I'm working all day in a pretty normal working environment. Stitching started to come apart around the toe box in a few spots in the first month. Reinforced them myself. After that no problems at all. They are around 4/5 months now and seem to be holding up pretty well. As much as I would expect from a shoe that cost only around $95 bucks. If they last me over a year and a half I'll be happy. If you don't have $260 to spend on some Red Wings these will do you just fine for a year or two.
on December 2, 2015
First off, let me say that I got these mainly for casual wear, and not for work wear. I was looking at some Redwing boots for a while, but saw these and figured why not. Upon taking them out of the box, I noticed that the leather was quite stiff compared to other Timberlands (owning a few pairs from their Abington and Earthkeeper range), but the color was nice. I put them on and the insole was a firm foam (specific to this boot, and not the kind found in the other boots that I mentioned), but no matter; I typically buy Dr. Scholls and replace most of my insoles anyway. The outsole itself has a firm but comfy structure, and the stitching is really well done. After adding an application of leather conditioner, the color richened and the texture of the leather became really soft. I can only conclude that because of the intended use of the boot (work), that the leather initially is stiff out of the box. With conditioning and a breaking in as much as possible by hand, the leather has become quite pliable. I would not dare to compared to Redwings, but at the price that I paid (lightning deal- $50ish), I don't regret the purchase one bit. BTW, I wear 11.5 in my other Timberland boots, and I stayed with that size in this boot (fits great and true to consistency with other Timberlands boots).