5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite sandal, ever!
Published on June 8, 2010 by Almon

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but heavy and not cool
Published 14 months ago by reviewmaster5000

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite sandal, ever!, June 8, 2010
My wife bought me a pair about five years ago at Macy's. This year I bought two new pairs from Amazon at about half the price. One tan and one black even though the first pair is still in great shape. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find them again. So comfortable that I use them for walking shoes. They look good for many occassions. Well made and they polish up like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, good price, satisfied with purchase, April 27, 2013
Walter Ovenstone (SUN VALLEY, NV, US) - See all my reviews
I have Diabetes, although not so bad a cut won't heal on my foot. Neuropathy ia a problem, feet extremely sensitive, so Foot comfort is NO# priority. I have feet that are totally flat and shaped like a duck, no arch at all. Fisherman shoes are hard to find in extra wide sizes but the shoes I had worn every day for 6 years finally gave up. The velcro wore out on the straps. I searched for days on the web for fisherman's with a buckle, but the only ones I could find were D width. These shoes are listed as 2E width. I wear a 4E, but thought I'd give them a try. I found out that Timberland no longer makes these so I'm guessing that what's out there is all that's left. Some reviewers said that the shoe is a little big. The 2E width proved to be just wide enough for me and when I first tried them on, they felt a little like a new shoe, but I never had a moments discomfort. After a week of constant wear my feet are comfortable and the shoes feel completely broken in. Size 12 length ieaves about an inch of wiggle room, but I always buy 12 because the longer shoe puts my bunions at the widest part of the shoe where a shorter shoe pushes my foot further towards the front where the shoe is 1/4 inch narrower. My ankles overpronate and buying shoes has always been one big hassle for me, especially online as you don't know what your getting until they arrive. I always try to find a shoe locally, but it's proven to be a waste of time. The shoes might be a little large, but that's a big plus for me as my foot can't tolerate the least bit of binding. I wear fisherman's shoes 98% of the time, even in 6 inches of powder snow, while I'm clearing off the windshield of the car. I wear conventional men's type dress shoes only to Church on Sunday, or to a rare special event where I have to dress casual instead of my normal more than casual, (but not people of Walmart), over-the-hill-gang attire. My shoe requirements are: heel and strap are comfortable, not loose, shoes do not move on my feet, but for the front part of my shoe, a thickly padded leather dinner-plate would work just fine. When I come home from a day of traipsing around Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Costco, etc. I don't want my feet to be hurting.
These shoes are stylish, comfortable - they just feel good - never the slightest discomfort. I'm happy as a clam.

W.O.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but heavy and not cool, September 22, 2013
I got these shoes to be everyday sandals that I could wear to a nice restaurant without my girlfriend whining about it. The shoes are extremely well made, I can see them lasting for a while. I usually wear an 11 wide, and they fit as expected. However, they are quite heavy; heavier than most sneakers or dress shoes. They also aren't as cool as I'd hoped. Anything above about 80 degrees with decent humidity, and these guys will get real nasty real quick if you aren't wearing socks. It also took a few weeks to fully break them in, but once the blisters healed they became quite comfortable. I did rinse them off in hot water when I got them, but my feet still ended up covered in dermatitis, so I would definitely recommend giving them a thorough scrubbing with soap before wearing them.

Pros:
-Well made
-Comfortable

Mehs:
-Dermatitis and blisters

Cons:
-Heavy
-Hot in summer

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT product!, September 15, 2009
John J. Cormier (Albuquerque, NM, USA) - See all my reviews
This is the second pair of these sandles that I've purchased. I wore the first pair almost everyday for close to five years. From just normal wear around the house, to camping in the mountains. I finally had to order a new pair because the sole finally wore through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sandals Ever!, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Timberland Men's Altamont Fisherman Sandal (Apparel)
This is the best pair of sandals Ive ever worn! They are extremely comfortable,stylish, and very durable. People always compliment me and ask me where I got them from. You can get them cheaper at your local Dillards. About $10 cheaper and no shipping cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Best Casual Shoe I Ever Bought!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Timberland Men's Altamont Fisherman Sandal (Apparel)
This is absolutely the best casual shoe I ever bought. The genuine light brown leather with saddle-type stitching is extremely stylish and the comfort is second to none. Timberland hit a home run with this shoe (I only wish they made the same exact style in black). Our local Macy's Department store had one pair left and priced at $100.00, so this purchase at $79.30 was right from the begginning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting and Comfortable, June 9, 2012
This is my second pair of these sandles. They are smart looking, extremely comfortable, and durable. Wear barefooted with shorts or wear with socks for jeans or slacks. Thank you, Timberland!

4.0 out of 5 stars Timberland men's Altamont Fisherman sandals, March 21, 2012
Very impressive sandals..fits comfortably on your feet.. size runs about half-size bigger..A couple of years back I ordered a pair of size 7.5M Timberland Barnstead trail shoes and they fit nicely..

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Comfort & Quality, September 7, 2012
I have been absolutely delighted with these shoes in every way. I was going to get another pair to have in reserve when these wear out but Amazon is out of stock right now & price is much higher elsewhere.

Timberland has gone to the top of my list for preferred brand of footwear!

Updated 12/19/2012

I've had the first pair for about 3 months now and they're the most comfortable shoes I've had in my entire life. I just ordered a 2nd pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandals For Big Feet, September 8, 2009
Product was as advertised in every way! 14-D is what I ordered and that is what I received. Well constructed, very light, fits great. I have received several very positive comments from friends.
I don't usually write reviews on anything but I had to about these.

You can't go wrong.