5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what i needed
Published 23 months ago by Matthew D Snyder

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought these for my S.O. for Christmas...ordered 9.5 D, but they are too narrow. They hurt his feet. He's already worn them out so we cannot return. I suggest either ordering an E width (if you usually wear D) or order a different pair of boots.
Published 9 months ago by picky reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what i needed, December 4, 2012
I had to drag a body through the woods for about 2 miles to be sure to have it hidden. They held well, even the reviews about the shoe laces i seemed to disbelieve, they held up fine for the terrain i took them through. I trudged through creek beds, up rocks, and over multiple fallen trees. Not to mention the 8 foot hole i had to dig in the mud seeing as its cold, they even kept my feet warm. Over all quite impressed with the comfort level. Would recommend to anyone on a mission.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking boot, but not that rugged, August 23, 2013
I wear these casually with jeans. They are not meant for hiking, trail walking, etc. I think they're just a sneaker disguised as a boot. I say this having worn Army standard issue boots for 4 years. Believe me, these are not meant for anything other than casual wear, and the rubber sole alone is too soft to stand the rigors of anything much more than a quick walk on a nice trail in the woods, if that. However, that being said, they are very comfortable once you break them in, they are not that hot even in hot weather, and they keep your feet warm in cold weather. The waterproof lining is great, almost like Gore-tex, and breathes very well without letting outside moisture into the boot. So, they're great in rain or snow. I like the finish of the leather. It's almost a distressed look, and it holds up well over time. I've had these for about a year, and they're still in great condition with not too much wear in the rubber sole or the leather....Yes, I wear them regularly. I recommend these if you want a nice looking, waterproof durable and comfortable casual boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Pair of Boots, December 2, 2011
One of the best pairs of boots I have ever purchased. Comfortable, stylish and solid feel. Unquestionable quality at a phenomenal price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Good Boots., November 4, 2012
These are good quality boots. The boot fit, which is purely subjective to each consumer, is too roomy at midfoot, around the ankle area. The width of the boot was "D" and I have an average foot, depending on footwear I wear either size 9 or size 9 1/2. Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fancy workboot?, October 29, 2012
The leather used is good quality. All seams and joins seem solid. They are comfortable on the feet, with good support, and enough give to last all day. Realistically, you aren't going to use these for work, @ $180 a pop, so they should last a while. I don't know if Timberland have the re-soling option.
When they arrived, the lace on the right boot was frayed, about 8" down from end, and needed replaced. The lace on left boot had glue starting at the tip, and covering the lace for about 3 inches. I contacted Timberland about getting replacement laces, and they told me to send everything back to Amazon. So that's $10 shipping, and a 3 week turnaround for a pair of $3 laces, lol. It's not mine, nor is it Amazons fault, so why Timberland deemed us as the ones to be put out, I have no idea. Needless to say, I just stopped off at the shops and bought a new pair.
They're a good pair of boots, but not particularly standout; especially in comparison to some of the same-priced competition *cough* Rockport *cough* , and for that, and the dissatisfaction that I had with their customer service, I dropped them one star.
And I know for definite you can send your boots back to Rockport to be re-soled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 100% Recommend, January 9, 2013
Alexander Fisher (BOULDER, COLORADO, US) - See all my reviews
The shoes are truly a necessary staple in everyone's wardrobe. The leather is high quality, they are extremely comfortable and support the green initiative. Great in the snow and fall season, I would however recommend sizing down 1/2 size for an optimal fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots but get ready to quack like a duck, December 6, 2013
This is my second pair of Timberlands, first pair last 3 years of daily use Canadian Fall through Spring so anywhere between 6-8 months of the year. Like my first pair these are very comfortable and fit my requirement of being fully waterproof. Not insulated but I still use as an every day winter boot if necessary can wear thermal socks but at the same time have Sorels if I am going to be spending a day in the snow kind of thing.
Metal eyelets for the laces are good, fit well, nice seams and as I mentioned before fully waterproof with no treatment necessary.

THE ONE downside to these boots--they have the squeakiest soles I have ever heard. They only need to be a little wet to quack like a duck every single step. I think I even heard them squeak on an asphalt path...never mind tile floors where people can hear you coming from down the hallway. Most of the time I work in a warehouse style bulding with concrete floors and its not terrible but definitely noticeable. So all in all great boots but man be ready to make some noise for a few minutes when you come in from the rain/snow/whatever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic casual boot, August 25, 2014
After lengthy research looking for semi-hardy casual boot that maintains a casual look I landed on these. Make sure you order one size down for a prefect fit. I'm usually an 11.5 US and the 10.5 is perfect for me. My right foot is a little larger than the left so after a quick visit to the cobbler both boots were perfect. I stood in a bucket of water up to my ankles and the waterproofing is adequate for an everyday boot. If you're looking for a hiking boot I'd look elsewhere (the rubber sole is too soft for a long life hiking boot) but if you want a warm, dry, comfortable and trendy everyday boot, this is the one. The leather softens up really nicely so stick with them for a week while you wear them in and it'll be well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots I've Ever Owned, August 9, 2014
I ordered these on a whim as I needed new boots ... I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. The look is awesome, rugged yet stylish. There is an insert in the boot for added comfort (it is removable) and it makes walking / standing in these boots all day no problem. The rubber treads are made from recycled water/soda bottles and these are by far my favorite Timberland boots I've ever owned. Purchase these knowing you will NOT be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sustainable Comfort in a Rugged Boot, December 19, 2011
The Earthkeeper boots are made of eco-friendly materials that look and feel great. The inside is soft with good waterproof insulation and a comfort sole that protects your foot. For a rugged boot they are surprisingly light. The construction quality seems very high; after wearing for a few weeks it seems like they would last for years.

Timberland Men's Earthkeepers Rugged Boot,Brown,12 M US
$190.00 $119.24
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.