5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and comfortable
These boots are great. They are lightweight, waterproof and comfortable. Only had for a week so cannot comment on durability but construction appears sound and there are no defects. The way the tongue is designed they are not waterproof past the midpoint of the ankle, but would only be a problem for immersion beyond that point.
Published on December 7, 2009 by V. Herzog

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice style
Published on March 2, 2011 by L. Gillespie

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and comfortable, December 7, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hiker and rainy/snowy weather boot!, December 30, 2009
This boot fits great! I have worn them everyday for 2 weeks and they are the most comfortable shoe (not just boot!) that I own. I love hiking in them and they are great for the snow, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic boots for my husband, January 21, 2010
Got these for my husband for Christmas. They are the only boots he ever wears. I've been buying the same boots from Amazon for years. Every year I buy him these same boots because he loves them. They are sturdy, yet comfortable and really hold up. He really gets alot of wear out of them, so they are a good deal for the money. They keep their "new" look for a long time. And the service is quick ! If they ever stop making these boots I don't know what he'll do. They're a reliable old favorite of his.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice style, March 2, 2011
I bought these boots for my husband since he loves Timberland and never had problems in past. He loved everything about it except that when the bottoms of the soles get wet you slip and he is very disappointed in these because of it. Never buy them online again. These are the third boots I tried for him but the other ones he did not like or did not fit. These are just slippery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy feet :), August 9, 2012
Amazon Customer (Hydesville, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Good support & padding and very comfortable.
My husband is on his feet a lot and often on cement the whole day. He had a pair of these boots previously and literally wore them to shreds. When he finally agreed to replacement them, he insisted on getting the exact shoe and style again. To me, that's a great recommendation!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific fit but..., December 7, 2010
Right out of the box these boots fit perfectly. A five mile hike on day one produced no blisters or soreness. After three weeks of almost daily wear, I'm lacing up my boots and the small lacing hook popped off. Clearly a manufacturer's defect. Because they fit so well, I'm returning them today for a replacement pair and am hoping this doesn't happen again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great mid-top Hiking Boot, January 15, 2011
J. Julian (Sulphur Springs, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timberland Men's Flume Hiking Boot (Apparel)
I received this boot as a gift. I wear this boot when I am out riding the 4 wheeler and when I am at the farm walking around or out cutting wood. This boot feels more like a shoe. It has a really good fit and a nice tread pattern. I am not a "boot person" so I was a little concerned at first. I normally wear tennis shoes everywhere for any occasion. This boot would easily go from the casual Friday office attire to the farm. I am planning to buy a pair just for Fridays and jean days. The pair I got as a gift will be my farm set so I can get them muddy or wet.

Note to my review. As of December 4, 2011, the right boot developed a separation of the leather to the sole. It is on the inside of the right boot and is about an inch long. I did not do anything to cause it, it just happened. Since these boots are advertised as waterproof, I can no longer in good conscience make a positive recommendation. For what these boots cost, they definitely should have lasted at least one year--but these didn't. If I had it to do over again, I would not have made this purchase. Though the boots feel good, the quality, over the long haul, has disappointed me greatly. Therefore I am lowering my previous five star rating down to a one star rating.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Timberland Men's Flume Hiking Boot (Apparel)
I am a Merrell fan and I've bought their boots for years with great results. This time I went with the cheaper Timberland boots because my past experience with Timberland over a decade ago had been good. From the beginning I was not happy with the boots, they were OK but they did not breathe as well as the Merrells, they didn't fit as well as the Merrells, they didn't feel as solid as the Merrells - well, they were OK but . . . . but. I ordered these 6 months ago and I only wear them to work around my yard so no much use at all. Yesterday the top left metal hook came off just like it did for another reviewer here. What good are the mediocre boots for less money when you cannot tie the laces? I'm throwing these away and ordering Merrell boots again. I should have paid the extra money for the superior boots - another instance that shows that one gets what one pays for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Lightweight Hiker, June 30, 2013
Richard Glaser (Milwaukee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This is my third pair of Timberland's. The fit is a little bit bigger than the others but not returnable-so.
Wear them all day at work with no complaints.
A good value boot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, October 8, 2013
The descriptions I've read about timberland boots was that they fit about a half size bigger. Not the case at all. They are true to size. A little disappointing that they fit a little snug but they'll work

Timberland Men's Flume Hiking Boot