Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timberland PRO Men's G48Powerwelt Waterproof 8" Steel-Toe Boot
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 7, 2011
Bottom line is that I work in a paper mill, and talk about extreme conditions. Ive been trying different boots for the past 11 years and these are it! Light weight, water proof and are like having little suction cups on wet or oily floors and oh yeah, comfortable! Im not sure what people have been talking about that the break in period is long? Ive tried about 100 different brands and pairs of boots in the past years and these are like they've come broken in already. Timberland is where its at baby! My feet thank you!
on November 27, 2009
First of all, I ordered 8" when I should have ordered the 6" boots. They are taking a little while to break in and I am not use to the extra height yet. They can be a little too warm in the fall but I'm sure I will appreciate in the winter. They are holding up very well at work due to the protective coating on the lower portion of the boots.
on December 1, 2010
I ordered this boot for a work boot I work in a Pepsi bottling facility and there is a lot of water, grease, and beverage concentrate on the floors in my work area I have tried other boots with oil resistant non-slip soles and these are among the best I have tried. A word of caution though these boots take a substantial amount of time for break in give it at least a few weeks another thing I have noticed is they do not breathe very well leaving a very "swampy" foot and sock upon removal and they are kinda warm and may be better suited for wearing outside rather than in. All in all I like these boots but to be honest they feel more like a $80-$100 pair of boots rather than a a $128 pair of boots.
on September 19, 2015
These have been some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worked in. I was working sevens twelves or 15's and got four months out of them like that before the leather wore itself through at the corners of the toe crease. The cracks formed along the line of the toe crease just kept getting deeper and deeper until a hole showed up on both sides of the crease. Once that happened, dirt, sand, mud and water found it's way between the leather and the waterproof liner. She aint waterproof no-mo! If the textured leather toe and heel cap material were swapped out for something better, something that would be as abrasion resistant yet tolerate the high cycle flexing they must endure, these boots would be the only ones I would ever bother with. They held up in every other respect and served their purpose, with flying colors, through all the miserable sand, rocks and high grit mud, ice and snow the north slope of Alaska could throw at me. If the leather toe had not "dry rotted" along the crease, given the quality of the other materials, these things would have had another season in them, at least. As they are, I spent the last 6 weeks praying they would hold together long enough for me to rotate out and get a different set of boots. Cheaper boots have lasted longer. I made it to the end here, wet feet and all, but who needs that kind of anxiety? Three stars.
on November 27, 2014
My second pair of the Timberland pro series footwear. I had the lower cut and wanted more coverage for the winter months. Loving them just like the lower cuts. As a truck driver they do get beat up but they are work boots... have step in some pretty large holes with water and foot stayed dry. Great boots
on July 21, 2014
I am wearing these boots right now. They are comfortable, fit well, and so far have held up quite well. Only downside is that the claim of being waterproof is VERY accurate. No water gets in, or out... so at the end of a long day, I have some swampy feet. Invest in a boot dryer, and / or powder.
on April 7, 2016
Love these boots, I get them for work each year and continue to buy a new pair every year.. not that they wear out, but I get a boot allowance through my work. I work in a refinery and am on my feet all day long. Im a big guy as well, so I know I put a lot of stress on these boots... but even after a year they are still in great shape. If i had a normal job, these things would prob last 3yrs if I didn't get them covered in oil and all kinds of chemicals each day.
on March 8, 2013
Hard to believe they are steel toe! I buy a pair of Timberland Pro Steel Toes every year...and these are BY FAR the lightest. Very comfortable and durable. Would definitely buy another pair.
on May 10, 2016
I Love these shoes for work and also I've used them for pleasure. I can wear these shoes all day long as they feel like a part of me. I have never had a problem with them besides the fact that I seem to need a new pair every 1.5 years but then these boots are made for working and that is what they do!
on December 2, 2014
I first purchased this boot from a boot truck sales man that came to the steel shop I worked at years ago now let me say this I have bought some of the most expensive boots on the market to find out they do not last. I will tell you this in the only way I know......I beat the ass off my boots from work and riding motorcycle. I have given up on looking this is by far the boot that lasts hands down.