Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2013
I have purchased about 15 of these over the past 10 years and that's why I can remember 81016. I wear them at work everyday walking on a concrete floor and it is unbelieveable how this shoe out performs others for comfort. I wear a medium width "D" in non steel toe shoes but the wide size "W" gives a little more toe room in this shoe. When I purchase a new pair for work I use the old one's to work around the house like yardwork etc.
on March 20, 2013
These shoes are among the most comfortable shoes that I have purchased in recent years. I have large wide feet (13 Wide) and it's difficult to find shoes for me that I like.

However, they have 2 problems:
1.) Made in China, as most things are these days.
2.) The rubber started separating from one shoe after one week of wear. Not a big problem for me since I always has epoxy around home. I simply glued it back together with epoxy and a couple of clamps.

Update April 1, 2013:
Now I have been wearing these shoes for nearly a month. They are extremely comfortable walking shoes. They have good traction in snow and on most surfaces. Nor do they seem to slip much on ice.

The only problem was mention above where the rubber sole on one shoe started to come apart. I fixed it with a liberal amount of boat building type epoxy, which has held. No problems with the opposite shoe, and no other problems since.

I am a heavy person with large wide feet. These shoes are among the most comfortable shoes that I have had in recent years. The steel toe is extra security for my feet.

Update September 4, 2013
I wear these shoes every day. They are the most comfortable work or walking shoe that I own.
I just upgraded them to 4 stars because of that.

But they are definitely not a 5 star shoe because of their quality control. As I mentioned before, one of the shoes had the sole come loose shortly after I purchased it. I glued that shoe back together again with a good quality epoxy. No problems since then, and I like these shoes.

Update March 10, 2015
I've had these shoes for 2 years now and they have survived the test of time. after the repair to one of the shoes when they 1st arrived. I replaced them a couple of months ago since the tread on the rubber soles was wearing down, allowing them to slide on ice and snow more easily. However, I can still wear them without any problems.

One thing that I neglected to mention in this review up until now is that these shoes are not water resistant. Spraying them with a good water repellent when you first get them would be a good idea. I think that it would also help keep them cleaner.

I have always liked these shoes and have no problem recommending them.
on June 14, 2014
Love these shoes, they quit making them for a while but are available again, lots of great features and are comfortable. The foot bed is a little bit hard, wear gel inserts and there perfect. I wear a 1/2 size smaller in these than other shoes.
on April 28, 2015
2 nd pair i have bought no falling apart as with other pro boots i like that it is low and wont over heat the feet all day i wear a size 14 and order with a EE width for extra room i have seen other comments of shoes to tight maybe try going a little wider cant figure why people like to wear shoes tight on their feet room is always better, your feet will love you for it . buy these works great last long by the way im a commercial laundry SR. Tech and spend lots of time in the water and on feet all day .
on April 24, 2012
I've worn these shoes to work everyday for the last year. They are very comfortable, light, and breathe well. However, the durability isn't there. The sole on my right shoe split completely across the bottom and the slightest bit of water I step in comes up through the sole leaving me with wet feet for the rest of the day. I'm looking for a better option for my next pair of steel toe shoes.
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2015
I have a wide foot and when I found these listed as 2E and most people found true to size I ordered them. They look really nice but are too narrow. If your size is D then order then they will probably fit. I sent them back. Too bad.
on May 28, 2016
My husband normally wears a 10.5, thankfully I read the reviews and ordered up. I got a 11 wide and they fit my husband nicely especially when he has to wear thicker socks for work. He says they're comfortable and aren't causing any foot pain and they're lighter than his previous steel toes. They're sturdy enough for him to use them when moving pallets on his truck and have lasted through things falling off pallets and hitting his foot without a scratch or rip.
on July 28, 2014
I purchased a size 13M steel toe Oxford brown Timberland PRO Gorge work shoe..
at first the shoe had a tight fit, more so around the front of my foot, when i first sliped it on.
On the 3rd day it started to loosen up, but still had a snug and supportive fit all around my foot, which i like!
I really like the high arch support thats built into this shoe,
my feet feel great after a long day at work, where i walk several miles on hot asphalt & concreat.
on April 6, 2015
I've been wearing this same style of Timberland Pro for about 10 years. I wear them for at least 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. I have had a few pairs to last me for 2 years. They are very light-weight and comfortable. I will never wear another steel toe shoe other than the Timberland Pro Gorge.
on March 29, 2015
On my feet for 10 hours a day 5 -6 days a week on a concrete floor, have room for my orthodics in shoes and go home without the aching of my feet and legs like many of past shoes. Another plus is they are much lighter in weight than many of the other pair I have had in the past. A solid 5 plus rated shoe, one of the best I have ever worn.