Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timberland PRO Men's Titan Trekker Waterproof Work Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 12, 2016
I have been wearing the original titans for ten years. I guess everyone figured they were to good a value at $100 so the price has skyrocketed. These trekkers combine the same feel with a better price and I'm satisfied with the appearance.
They break in just as quickly as the old titans. Bearable from the moment you put them on, showing signs of increased flexibility after 3-4 miles, fully broken in after 6-8 miles.
Mine arrived with an uncomfortable bunch of material in the seam of the tongue. It felt terrible so I used an old trick.
This will likely be lost in the mountain of reviews for this boot but here is a great tip : locate seams or lumps or raised spots in a shoe and lock onto them with a clamp. I use a swivel head locking vise grip but you could use plain vise grips or a regular c-clamp. 24 hours later that lump will be smashed flat.
Hope this helps someone.
on July 1, 2015
Took a while for the soul to break in. Then when it did you could feel everything underneath your feet. My heels and feet hurt everyday now. Toes started coming off already, all the glue on pieces on the bottom have fallen off. I attempted to shoe glue toes back on but that only lasted a week. I bought these 4 months ago and am already looking to replace them. I have owned regular Titans that lasted for over a year, for years before deciding to try these out and will never buy again. Very dissatisfied.
review image review image
on November 3, 2011
The first day I got these boots I put them to the test. I stepped in mud all the way up to the 2nd buckle, no leaks to the inside. I then hosed them off and everything washed of and still no leaks to the inside, shoe laces were drenched though(waterproof). Next day I went up into the attic and stepped on a couple nails, they didn't go through, I also didn't apply my full body weight, but a good 3/4 of it. The shoes have nice "ladder lock" when I was going up the ladder I felt a better grip. I saw an oil spill on my neighbor driveway, and decided to walk on it and see the grip. Nice grip, but NOTHING can stop the slip of nice oil stain. It gripped decently, but there was some slippage nothing drastic though. Was like a puddle of oil to be fair to the shoes. (neighbor can't change car oil very well apparently)

Now for the reason I took a star off. These are NOT the most comfortable shoes. The inside sole could be softer, but there is enough space to add a gel sole, which will definitely help. What you CANNOT remedy is these shoes get pretty warm inside. My toes were not liking it. Now if your used to shoes/boots then you might disagree. I wear sandals 70% of the time.

Other then that these boots are good for heavy-duty work. My Step-Father has these and he said one of his cows stepped in his toe while wearing these boot, and he his foot was fine.
on December 7, 2015
Bought these for my husband, who goes through a pair of work boots every six months. He's been wearing these for a couple of months now. He reports they are very comfortable and supportive. Thus far, they are holding up very nicely.
on December 9, 2010
Searched months to find the ultimate hiker-style boot for heavy-duty yard work and general wear. Boots had to offer at least waterproof properties and a safety toe. Tried Chippewa IQ- 6" Composite Toe #55161 but found them lacking for reasons explained in my review for them. Also considered Timberland PRO Titan Trekker #53526's but ordered a pair of these Timberland PRO #85520's for not much more money and have found them to be keepers.

Besides the safety toe and attractive, rich-brown color of the waterproof leather upper and membrane, the boots feature metal lace eyelets and the speed loops even have alternative lace holes not apparent on images. And because of the full grain leather upper, I expect these boots will clean easy with a splash from the garden hose. I frankly prefer the more aggressive sole of the Chippewa's to assist on hills but this boot's rubber sole also seems durable. Vibram soles like those offered on Red Wing 6674's would have been ideal. Have read of complaints about the sole separating from some Timberland Pro's and cracking but time will tell whether that's an issue. Also like the bumpers on the toe and back. Boots feel neither light nor heavy and unlike the Chippewa's, these boots don't feel loose as they have a fourth loop toward the toe box. Rather than mittens, the boots feel like gloves.
on April 17, 2016
I REALLY LIKE THESE BOOTS. COMFORTABLE, EASY WALKING IN THEM. I HAVE NOT HIKED, I WEAR THESE TO WORK. I BOUGHT THEM FOR THE LOOK AND THE SAFETY TOE. SO ALL YOU HIKERS PLEASE DON'T JUDGE, JUST TAKE IT AS HIKING AROUND WORK ALL DAY. I DO WALK QUITE A BIT THERE, JUST NO ODD TERRAIN TO NAVIGATE. I PLAN TO BUY ANOTHER PAIR WHEN NEEDED. I LIKE THEM SO MUCH. I CHOSE "SOMEWHAT NARROW' BECAUSE THEY FIT LIKE A GLOVE. I WOULD NOT ADVISE TO GET A WIDE WIDTH BASED ON THIS INFO THOUGH. SO WORK ON OR HIKE ON IN THEM!
on June 20, 2015
I chose this particular shoe because of the safety toe, the waterproofing, and the shoelace eyelets instead of hooks near the shank of the shoe. These shoes are also lightweight. I bought these two weeks ago and after wearing for eight hours a day five days a week through walking on ground and concrete floors, the sole on the right shoe is already cracking. I will try to reseal it with Shoe Goo but so far the separation has not compromised the waterproofing. The sole is also thin as I could feel most of the terrain underneath until I added Superfeet inserts.
on March 14, 2016
I really need a 2E width. The W format does not seem to fit me well. I purchased, based on the size display showing 2E width, but upon arrival the boots were labeled as W. After wearing, to get a feel if the W would work, the boots rubbed badly. The boot build and style were great, just not a good fit.
on November 29, 2015
I continue to re-buy these boots as they wear out. I am a former finance guy who now works in manufacturing, and I feel far more comfortable with the protection these boots provide when walking any of our plants. These also look decent with normal wool dress pants. Most of all, they are light-weight and comfortable. I strongly recommend them.
on April 17, 2015
These are the most comfortable work boots I have found. Out of the box I can wear them all day with no problems. They are waterproof, duarable, and hold up very well. Not to mention they look great. My only gripe is that they do not breath very well, likely due to the waterproofing. Thats just a minor inconvienance that I can easily live with. I found them on sale for $80 bucks so I bought a 2nd pair. I hope Timberland continues to offer this boot for many years.