Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on October 2, 2011
These are the boots for a man that works on his feet, 60 hours a week!!!!

I have spent thousands of dollars on boots and these are the best, hands down!!!!! I have even spent as much as $250 on a pair of Danners because they were supposed to be the best, nope, didnt last. Two years ago, I spent almost two hours in Sears trying on work boots (steel toe), and the steel trax were the most comfortable, so I made the purchase.....here I am two years later going through the same drill. yesterday I tried on CAT,Craftsman, Dewalt and everything else that has a steel toe and I find myself back with the Timberland PRO Steel Trax! I have to admit they are kinda ugly and are kinda Herman Munster looking, but I dont really care!!!!!!!! Comfort is what I want and these are the ONLY boots that can provide it!!!

If you are looking for style look at something else!!!! If you want comfort and durability in a steel toe these are your boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on November 5, 2011
I'm a machinist, on my feet all day, mostly standing, and we are required to wear steel toe boots.

My previous set, OSS/Second Shift (made I think by Wolverine), bought off the truck, are very well made but they just got too tight in the toe area and I started developing an ingrown toenail on my left big toe - quite painful.

So I spent more than a few hours at Sears trying on different safety shoes and settled on these Timberland Pro Steel Trax. I like that they are a bit bigger and wider than average as this gives my toes room to move without getting pinched by the steel toe. The ones I purchased are the same nominal size as the OSS boots, but far more comfortable.

The cushioning of the sole and insole is great and I can last the whole day without my feet complaining like they did before. I actually like the look of these boots - they shout "serious workload" and I appreciate that they are black because the black oil stains on the shop floor inevitably get on the uppers and these won't show it as much. The outer rubber toe guard will also come in handy when I work on my cars at home - protecting the toe leather from the inevitable scuffing from the cement in the driveway as I kneel to access things like wheels and brakes.

The lack of lace hooks on the upper two or three pairs of eyelets was a bit of a concern at first but I find that it's easy enough to loosen the laces without slipping them out of the eyelets, and get my feet into these with the aid of a boot spoon. I also tie a half knot between the third and fourth set of lace eyelets - this helps keep tension on the lower part of the boot without putting undue tightness on the upper part. And in the past I've found that lace hooks are usually the cause of laces coming unfastened the lace pops off the hook and then the knot comes undone - this doesn't happen with this full eyelet boot lace design.

I really have no complaints about these boots. Good looking, comfortable, and probably very long lasting. In fact I might purchase a second pair in the near future as a "back up" and/or separate use at home.
on June 25, 2012
I bought these almost a year ago i'm a landscaper (hardscaping)I live in Montreal, Qc Canada... I have a company and I install brick paver, At first I was amazed by the lightness of the boots and how comfortable they feel. I loved them !!! I was so happy about my buy and the price I paid was very cheap (they were on special) But I'm in the second year of using these Timberland Pro, and I'm telling you... I'm very much disapointed !!! The outside of the boot is still perfect and I could still use them for another 2 years... but the outersole is completely destroided !!! I use them to kick paver or to place brick in line when layed down .. so the outersole is completely destroyed... I have a hole under my boot !!! They are DONE !!! The other pair of work boots I had before (Terra) lasted me 3 years...these Timberland... are dead after a year !!! Dont forget I'm a landscaper and I live in Canada and only work from April till november (That's 8 monts of hard labor)!!! The rest of the year thet are ...on break !!!
I'm going to write to Timberland to describe my disapointement and tell them how I feel.
Anyway please take advise that if you use your outersole and scrape them a lot...you'll be disapointed...take my word for it!
This is my story...hope it helps !

PS -- Also please dont write reviews after a week or when you receive the item...this is not representative of the real value of the product... Use them...make them work... PUNISH THEM.... and after write your review !!!
88 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2015
I've been buying this boots for 5 years, I am a aircraft mechanic that spends 88hrs a week (yes 12hrs every day +) on my feet jumping up and down all types of planes and even though they are on the heavy side, they inside feels like you're wearing your favorite pairs of sneakers, the ball of your foot as it flexes it feels like there is a gel pillow cuddling it like a baby, specially when I jump off 3,4,5 +++ feet and land there is no sting and the gel/heft of the boot work great together, as soon as I get them new I combine them with the dr.scholls gel work insoles for a match made in heaven, right on top of the original insole, hands down A+
review image review image review image
on April 24, 2012
Im a michigan landscaper (where if i dont look like i was in a bottom of a hole for 12 hours then im not doing my job right). I also cuts wood, do housing renavations, and I have a 14 wide feet so finding a good boot is often hard the only reason im buying a new pair is because in a year ive gone from a 13W to 14W.

Basicaslly i spend 250 on boots a year and most get destroyed in 8 months or less these boots after a year shoe virtually no damage other then a scuff on the side and the tags inside the boots have faded away. Im on my feet for 12 straight a day and these boots hands down provide the best comfort and support out of any boot I've ever bought. I would highly suggest this boot to a person who has a highly physical demanding work life to buy these boots.
on November 4, 2010
got these boots after three pairs of timberland pro pitboss steel toes, those boots are great, these boots seem to be even better, work construction in them every day and they seem to be holding up a bit better, two complaints though, one being they do not have the four hooks at the top which I like better because I can get them tighter and they stay tighter, instead these have regular lace eyelets, and for the life of me I find it harder than it should be to get these tight, the second thing being is they run quite bigger than normal timberland pros for some reason, I would say get a half size smaller than you normally would, other than that they seem perfect! Highly recommended, you cant go wrong with Timberland Pros, they are the best! Also they do not have a pull tab, which these boots need to get in and out of since the shank or lack there of sucks
on February 11, 2016
the factory laces are crap, snapped one the 2nd time I laced up. wider inside than I would prefer, but leaves room for thicker socks as it does get cold up here. do yourself a favor and buy the upgraded insoles, the ones that are in these are very then and no support given.
review image
on January 16, 2015
I ordered a double wide because I don't like my toes hitting the steel in the toebox. still kinda hurt for a while. Now that I have owned them for 6 months they are one of the most comfortable, best boots I've ever owned. Took a few months to really break in. It breaks in a little the first week but it definitely gets better with times. The rubber they use on the bottom of these is pretty good. hard rubber that lasts a long time.

I ran my foot over from the back of the foot, these things completely protected my foot and I barely felt a thing. without them I probably would have had a broken foot/ankle.
on January 9, 2013
After spending quite a bit of time researching steel toe boots online, I chose the 53525 & ordered them mid December. I've been wearing them 5 days a week 12-14 hrs days for nearly a month. Really like the design of this boot. Primarily the contrast stitching, and surprisingly sleek look despite the sturdy leather, lug sole, and steel toe. The materials are very good quality, and I would expect these to last quite a long time. No problems with the weight of the boots or with laces staying closed. I also purchased socks designed for steel toe boots, which I recommend for extra comfort. Sealed the boots with a leather protector called Sno-Seal before wearing.

Looks are nice, but most importantly this boot is tough. I'm a driver delivering caustic products. These boots have kept me safe from potential injury. My feet are warm in the winter & stable on the ice. The lug sole and front 'cap' also keep my feet dry walking through the mud and slush.

Had to exchange an 11M, (my normal size for most brands including Timberland) for a 10.5M which Amazon made painless. My correct size arrived in 3 biz days, and fit perfectly. Did have to purchase insoles since there's not enough arch support for me. For the price and overall quality, not a big deal. Considering I wear my boots up to 14 hours a day, changing insoles frequently is a must anyway. Will purchase these again when I need a replacement pair. Highly recommend these boots.
on February 21, 2016
These boots are magnificent! After using and abusing them for several weeks now (I'm a technician at a Nissan dealership) they are still in almost like-new condition. The scratch resistant surfaces really are pretty great at resisting scratches or scuffs, and the coating over the steel toes is extremely durable and provides a great layer of extra protection and insulation. The soles grip very well in slippery conditions, and all of the stitching is still intact and holding strong. I know these boots aren't actually advertised as being water resistant, but they definitely provide excellent wetness protection for everything below the laces - I've traipsed through plenty of deep puddles without a single drop getting in. They're very comfortable inside, with durable insoles that so far haven't begun to deteriorate at all around the toes or heels. Overall these boots have proven themselves to be extremely good value for the money - I'll definitely be recommending them to whoever asks, and I'd be delighted to buy another pair once these ones have worn out. I normally wear a size 11 or 11.5, but the closest size available when I purchased them was 10.5, and they actually fit me pretty much perfectly - if they don't have your exact size available you should still be okay being a half-size or so off in either direction.
review image