Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now bgg

on June 19, 2014
Great boots at a fair price. I'm a union ironworker, and prefer the wedge sole. Most of the guys I work with wear die hard boots, and I've owned both. These timberlands are more comfortable and last longer. Not much of a break in period, they tend to be great right out of the box. I normaly get 13 to 15 months out of a pair, I'm on my third pair...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2015
i was looking for a new pair of steel toe work boots for my job as a certified HVAC repair technician. I wanted something sturdy of course but not full boot length if at all possible. When you're sweating in a 120 degree attic in south Louisiana every square inch of clothing or footwear counts. I've been through 2 pair of Dr. Martens industrial full length boots and I wanted to go a different way. Those are great boots by the way, but so far these Timberlands are superior in every way except for a small bit of ankle padding. The Timberlands are more comfortable the first second I laced them up than the Dr. Martens were after more than a year of breaking them in. They're also cheaper. Time will tell how they hold up which is certainly a huge deal but as far as comfort out of the box I am very impressed.

1.) These are some great looking boots in my opinion. I'd have no problems putting on a nice pair of jeans and wearing them out to dinner.
2.) All of the stitching is very heavy duty. That's plain to see to the naked eye.
3.) The leather is soft and supple out of the box. I plan to condition and oil them of course but I don't think it's something you'd have to do if you didn't want to.
4.) The comfort is by far the best feature of these boots. I have an average foot. My arches are neither high nor flat. These boots literally feel as nice as any of my athletic shoes. Every other pair of steel toe boots I've owned pinch the bejesus out of my feet where the steel toe ends on the top of my foot. This goes on for a while until they are completely broken in. These do not. I'm able to squat down with no pain.
5.) The ankle support is more than sufficient. You certainly can't expect these to match some that lace up to mid leg but you know that going in.

As far as cons go, at this time I have none. The price maybe ? But these are really not expensive when comparing to similar quality work boots so I don't think that's fair to say. Everything could always be cheaper but if you want to play you've gotta pay. Quality boots are not cheap. I plan to update this review after 6 months whether my thoughts are positive or negative.
on February 15, 2013
These boots were extremely comfortable right out of the box. So far, the most comfortable boots I've ever owned! Great!
on November 17, 2014
i have been wearing these boots for over 2 years as a mechanic and love them. worn on most my days off too. most comfortable shoes i own. fit like a glove from day 1. I bought replacements from amazon and did not fit as well and they were very helpful in the return process. i am waiting for a refund and will be buying another pair in hopes they fit as good as the ones i have.
on December 3, 2014
I bought a pair of Timberland PRO Men's Wedge Work Boot,Brown,8.5 2E before I bought this one. That one runs somewhat large for me, and has some quality issues, then I replaced it with this pair. This one fits perfect, and the leather feels better.
on December 18, 2013
I have bought a couple of pair of boots for my husband. He has bought a couple of pair for himself. After realizing this is a purchase that warrants a thorough amount of research, and a little bit more money, I went with these for his big gift this year. Most of the work boots out there have a rubber, plastic, or fabric material around the top of the boot. This part inevitably dry-rots, falls apart, or just tears from wear. I spent many hours looking at boots and trying to find a pair without that specific 'defect'. When these arrived I gave them to him immediately. I wanted to see how they fit and whether or not they were comfortable. He said the inside of the heal felt a little wide and his heal was sliding in and out. After 12 hours of wear he said they were perfect and they just needed to be broken in. Having spent as much money on work boots as we have, I am glad I finally spent the extra money on these. Now, I won't have to replace them next year. The leather is very thick and sturdy. The stitching is tight and beautifully done. The sole of the shoe is thick and cannot be twisted by hand, like most shoes can be. The other feature he is particularly happy about is that the boot can be laced all the way up the front of the shoe, giving him complete ankle support. Great boot! Going to buy my son some when he turns 11 next year.
on February 2, 2015
I purchased these boots for wearing around the house, in bad weather, etc... They are great for that. I used them all of this past weekend up in the mountains. They have decent traction in snow and slush, they weren't great on ice, but unless you're using yaktrax there aren't many pairs of footwear that are great on the ice. I opted for the safety toe so that I can wear them at work if i choose to, but without a solid rubber sole I would not expect the sole to last an entire year of landscaping, a previous pair of Wolverines had a soft sole and their sole was destroyed after seven months, but these may have a higher quality sole. They can be resoled easily though so that is a major plus.
The leather is really nice and did not require a real break in period. the insoles that come with it are nice. I usually put a new pair of insoles in my boots but these have been fine so far.

If you are looking for a nice casual boot to wear out on the town, but also has a safety toe to wear to work these are great.
on December 3, 2013
This boots are real comfortable I thought because they were steel toe they weren't going to be to comfortable but I was wrong
on December 1, 2014
Love these boots! Bought them for my husband. They are the best boots around!
on November 25, 2015
These could have and should have been really good boots but a super stiff soul and poor footing design made these a bad purchase.
I tried different footbeds but nothing made them better.
I gave them 4 weeks or 10 hour shifts at work and they did not break in or even improve a little.
In the end I threw the timberland boots out and got myself a pair of Carolina moc toe with the wedge soul that feel great!
Sorry Timberland pro but you need to work on the comfort part of the boots too

See 1 answered question