4.0 out of 5 stars Second Pair
I have and still own two pairs of these shoes. I walk a 1MM square foot facility on a regular basis and these things are stellar and keep my feet from hurting on even the toughest of days. The stitching and soles are still in excellent shape after almost one year of usage. Other than some minor wear, they look just as great as the day I bought them.

That...
Published 20 months ago by Daniel B. Glover

3.0 out of 5 stars Does everything as advertised.... for a time.
Published on May 17, 2012 by Toscino

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Does everything as advertised.... for a time., May 17, 2012
First, they are designed as a work boot for a large sock, so if you are wearing with dress socks they run a bit large. I went down a half size, and the shoes are comfortably roomy. Beyond that, they technically meet all of the specifications, they have steel toe, the don't seem to slip, they conduct static electricity into the ground (what I bought them for), and they look OK. They are definitely cheap workmanship though. These are the equivalent of 40$ dress shoes, but happen to have a variety of extra features. They do what you need them to do, and they look OK with jeans and a suit, but I am not expecting them to last forever, and they look cheap.

1 Year Update. (I updated from 4 stars to 3 stars)

These shoes are physically in about the same shape as when I bought them, they could use a polish, but that's on me. No major deterioration, and I wore them almost every day for the full work day. Unfortunately, they no longer reliably pass an ESD conduction test. The first 6 months they passed every day no problems, but after about 6 months they started to have problems conducting, and I would have to "clean" them to get them to pass. At first if I just rubbed them on the carpet and they would pass, then it would take a wet cloth, and now there is no amount of cleaning that will make them pass. I still keep them in my office as steel toe dress shoes, but they only see occasional use.

I am pretty dissapointed, and will not be buying a new pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Second Pair, May 11, 2013

That being said, my first pair was the brown version of these. Absolutely no problems. Then I bought this second pair in black (my wife says brown shoes, black pants is a no no...). The "flap" with the eyelets in it somewhat curls (nothing crazy and almost un-noticable). The problem is that it catches the hem of my slacks and has all but ruined several pairs of pants as it frays the hem. The brown shoes have never done this but the black pair is costing me pants. I don't think its a typical problem for the shoe style but this one pair is giving me fits. It has taken me several months to come to this conclusion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ESD shoe, October 14, 2014
I've been buying Timberlands for many years so I knew to buy one size smaller. They run a bit big. I wear an 8 and the 7 fits perfect.
Shoes are comfortable to wear all day at work. I mainly purchased them because they are static dissipative. I work in the circuit board assembly industry which requires ESD footwear or foot straps.
It took a few days of wearing them before they would pass our ESD tester but they now work great.

1.0 out of 5 stars steel toe, July 10, 2014
got these for my husband who dropped something heavy on his foot and broke his toe at work. He told me the pain from the steel toe and blisters these shoes gave him was worse. Back to Dr Scholls, not much of a selection for this type of dress shoe in a steel toe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find Dress shoes that have a steel toe that don't look cheap., July 2, 2014
J.M.I "Ciao!" (Steilacoom, Washington USA) - See all my reviews
The treads are great and the shoe is comfortable for being a steel toe. The toe looks a little bulky, but not any more than you expect from a pair of steel toed shoes. They were broken in pretty quick and don't seem to scuff that easy. I work in a factor and do a lot of walking so comfort is important as well as a professional look. I liked them enough to buy them in brown as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shoe, June 20, 2014
I love them! Very comfortable and stylish. They have the steel toe required for my job. I'm thinking this will be my shoe of choice from now on.

2.0 out of 5 stars To heavy steel toes, May 22, 2014
Anything about this I just don't want this shoes because they are to heavy I want something like this but whitout steel toes
If you have something like I want let me know thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable with exception, April 10, 2014
The shoes are very comfortable in daily using. Only one issue with tightness in heel area. After I smashed the tight area was the issue solved

4.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable steel toe shoe, January 2, 2014
Tom M "tgm135" (Weymouth, MA United States) - See all my reviews
One of the best I've owned. Very well made, true fitting and very comfortable all day long.
The description does not say it has a steel toe, but it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Go Everywhere Shoes, January 1, 2014
Roomy shoes, don't clamp your feet like some dress shoes.
Great for both office and industrial environment.
Good slip resistance....I once slipped and fell when wearing my old Caterpillar shoes...it felt like ice-skating when the ground is oily. This pair in comparison is much much better.
Additional composite toe protection (don't feel it when wearing). Meets most industrial safety footwear requirements.
For the ESD protection part.... I need this when visiting some of our electronics manufacturing plants. I think it's great for office if you get those frequent static shocks when open doors.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›