5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comfort Steel Toe Shoe
Published 13 months ago by IamDave

2.0 out of 5 stars Soles split
Published on April 24, 2012 by airrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comfort Steel Toe Shoe, November 4, 2013
I have purchased about 15 of these over the past 10 years and that's why I can remember 81016. I wear them at work everyday walking on a concrete floor and it is unbelieveable how this shoe out performs others for comfort. I wear a medium width "D" in non steel toe shoes but the wide size "W" gives a little more toe room in this shoe. When I purchase a new pair for work I use the old one's to work around the house like yardwork etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Soles split, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Timberland PRO Men's Gorge MPO ESD Steel-Toe Oxford (Apparel)
I've worn these shoes to work everyday for the last year. They are very comfortable, light, and breathe well. However, the durability isn't there. The sole on my right shoe split completely across the bottom and the slightest bit of water I step in comes up through the sole leaving me with wet feet for the rest of the day. I'm looking for a better option for my next pair of steel toe shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Nice, and Comfortable, February 8, 2009
Andynator (Logan County, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these shoes for work. Unfortunately, they didn't fit my foot well and I had to return them. I was really disappointed - they were very nice, light and airy, and well-ventilated. But I have super-wide mutant feet and the steel toe cap was too narrow for my toes.

That is just one of the hazards about buying shoes without being able to try them on first. If you are one of the lucky people who has no problems buying shoes right off the shelf - you will really like these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great non-boot work shoe, January 7, 2008
EJ "Eric" (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
I needed a steel toe safety shoe. I do a lot of driving and hiking around work sites. This shoe is much easier on the feet than other steel toe shoes. It's much lighter, breathes well and is very flexible. Note: There is not a shank, which makes it more comfortable, but not suited for climbing / ladder work. No ankle support, which is what I wanted for comfort reasons. It even looks good, atleast till you get them dirty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working mans shoe, August 31, 2014
I've been buying these boots on Amazon for several years. They are by far the most comfortable work shoe I have ever owned. I'm on my feet at least ten hours a day and also on my knees quite often. The steel toe wears well considering the conditions of the workplace, concrete floors, rat slabs, crawl spaces etc.
I've read other reviews concerning the sole splitting. That has never been an issue for me. A hard working boot should only last six months tops. Longer than that will lead to unnecessary punishment of your feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, December 17, 2011
I've been through 3 pair of these and they do a fine job. They're comfortable but after about 8 months the stitching comes loose and rubber splits at the ball of the sole. They continue to dissipate an electric charge just fine, just don't step in any water puddles on your way out to the car. I wear my Timberland Pro's every day to work and I'm pushing it to get a years use out of them. Because the sole has split on every pair, I give em 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great shoe from Timberland, July 28, 2014
Wade "Wade" (Morgan Hill, ca) - See all my reviews
I purchased a size 13M steel toe Oxford brown Timberland PRO Gorge work shoe..
at first the shoe had a tight fit, more so around the front of my foot, when i first sliped it on.
On the 3rd day it started to loosen up, but still had a snug and supportive fit all around my foot, which i like!
I really like the high arch support thats built into this shoe,
my feet feel great after a long day at work, where i walk several miles on hot asphalt & concreat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Electrical Engineers, March 20, 2011
My husband has been using the Timberland PRO style 81016 as a work shoe for about six years. He buys two pairs each time and trades them off each day (no pair is worn two days in a row). They have ESD. They have a steel toe. They look nice enough for the office. They are very comfortable for the benefits they offer. They hold up very well for his type of work. If he has been testing prototypes in the field, they easily clean up with a suede brush and a little water. Daily switching between the two pairs gives him about two years of life for the shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are very comfortable, the best steel toed shoes ever worn by ..., August 21, 2014
If you know your size, order it here and it will work. These are very comfortable, the best steel toed shoes ever worn by me. Easy to get on and comfortable to walk in. The sole is extremely well cushioned. Best deal I have had. I wear them at work and I forget to take them off when I go home because they are comfy! They are a tad on the heavy side though not too bad. I would go 5 Stars except for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014