5.0 out of 5 stars The shoes that Jesus and Ghandi would wear
These shoes are excellent - period.
I'm convinced that if Ghandi or Jesus were still walking the earth, then this is what they would be wearing.
No break in required - soft, comfortable, durable.
You will not slip and you will not fall.
These boots are perfect.

Update 08/29/13:

After wearing these boots for a few months now and...
Published 14 months ago by Leonard B

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective design
I have had these boots for almost two months and the are already coming apart. The grey nylon mesh under the shoelaces is coming lose and causing it to fall apart. I love timberland but these are not up to par with what I expect from them.
Published 17 months ago by Brian Franz

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective design, March 29, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 weeks waterproof no longer, September 27, 2013
I had these for 3 weeks during an afghanistan winter. Those little mesh coverings you see on the side of the boot. Those blew out in 3 weeks allowing water to soak in and negating the reason for me even purchasing the boot.

I would definitely not recommend this boot. I'm just so disappointed in the way it performed.

2.0 out of 5 stars watch out on snow, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Timberland PRO Men's Hyperion Waterproof XL ST Work Boot (Apparel)
I live in the northeast and have had these boots for a month. They are extremely slippery on compacted snow. If you buy these boots and have to walk in the snow, you will go down. Also where the laces meet the toe, the fabric seems to be shredding. Now for the good. Very comfortable,warm,and dry. Also comes with extra pair of laces. I would not purchase another pair. I hope this is helpful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good boot, BUT..., November 14, 2012
I do not normally review products here, but as footwear is a pretty important item and both expensive and time consuming to shop for, I think it is worthwhile providing a review that may assist others in search of similar footwear. First of all, I was looking for a well formed, supportive boot which would both protect the foot and minimize flexing (I have metatarsal problems from an old march fracture that can be easily aggravated); I do not work heavy construction or anything like that and those of you who do your needs are different I'm sure. I was looking for a steel shank, but it appears this is nowhere near as common as it once was, being replaced with various fiberglass or composites instead. While steel toe is a nice to have, it is not a must have feature for me and is the primary problem I have with this boot. In Timberland hiking boots I wear an 11, regular width; in this boot I first tried an 11 extra wide having read other reviews of similar Timberland work boots which warned they are on the narrow side. I could have lived with that width I think, but the toe box was far too small for me. I could barely stand to wear them. I sent them back for a 12 extra wide and while this is the perfect width for me, and the rest of the boot feels great, the toe box is still too small and within hours was seriously impinging on the sides of my big toes. Given the degree of discomfort and annoyance so quickly, from a part of the boot that will not "break in," I must conclude that, at least for me, this boot's safety toe is just too small for my feet in a size that otherwise fits the rest of my foot securely. I am going to have to return this pair as well and continue looking for a boot, perhaps without a steel toe altogether, that will fit my needs. As it is, the boot itself is just too uncomfortable to wear. In short, this is a good or possibly even great boot, but is more narrow than other Timberland products I am familiar with (so order large), and has a steel toe cap that is too intrusive for me to use.

I wish to compliment Amazon and Timberland both for the ease with which returns and such have been processed. Timberland also offers a 30 day money back guarantee for comfort fit that is included in the box when the package arrives.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boots look good, but poorly made!, September 23, 2013
I purchased these boots because I work in the wastewater industry. In my line of work I need a waterproof, electrically rated, safety toe boot, so I chose these. Definitely liked the look of the boot when I received them. There was no break-in period like I've encountered with other boots. I wore these for 4-8 hour shifts and the sole started coming unglued and the grey mesh material started to fray. I couldn't believe that these boots started falling apart so quickly, I wasn't even that hard on them. Timberland has definitely thrown quality out the window with these boots. My previous pair of Timberlands lasted me 14 months, which I consider a long time with what I work in, but I don't think these would last 2 months and would be shredded under normal working conditions. I requested to return them for a refund due to being defective.

5.0 out of 5 stars The shoes that Jesus and Ghandi would wear, July 1, 2013
These shoes are excellent - period.
No break in required - soft, comfortable, durable.
You will not slip and you will not fall.
These boots are perfect.

Update 08/29/13:

After wearing these boots for a few months now and walking in the roughest terrains I could find in Alaska through mud, water streams, and climbing up mountain sides, I am beginning to think that these boots are bullet proof. My feet are never feeling "tired" and the boots still look excellent. Timberland made a winner!

4.0 out of 5 stars They work great, August 11, 2013
I work construction and do a lot of walking, so far they are holding up great. Just hope they will last for 3 years like my last Timberland PRO's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best work Boot, July 9, 2013
these are by far the best work boot I've ever worn. not to heavy and the fit like a glove to my feet. I really like the protective toe covering. I do a lot of tile work down on my knees and usually the toes wear out on my boot before the rest does.
these are great boots. I have own other Timberland boots but these are by far the most comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, March 25, 2013
They are as advertised. Breakin was easy and they are comfortable. The agressive tred is perfect for my business. Thinking about buying a second pair now in case they change the design.

4.0 out of 5 stars new boots, November 25, 2013
A size 10 with a 3E width would have been better but so far I like the boots. They are very comfortable and look good too.

Timberland PRO Men's Hyperion Waterproof XL ST Work Boot