Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on January 23, 2010
I bought my first pair of these boots 4 years ago, and it's just about time for a new pair...You can bet I'm going to buy the same thing again!
These boots are tough, durable work boots, the most comfortable, walking boots I've ever owned, and at a great price.
I've spent over $250 on boots that weren't as comfortable, or as durable.
The only draw-back to these boots are that the light colored ones stain easily and they're hard to clean up.
22 comments65 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2011
I ordered these on Amazon on Feb 17, 2009; making it about three years I've been wearing them. My girlfriend hates them because they're beat up and 'tacky', but I think Timberland has made a quality product.

In the video I say that I've lost one of the eyelets: The brass insert fell out, but the leather has been sufficiently holding my laces. I'm sure it'll tear out at some point, but it's probably time for a new pair of boots by then anyway.

When your laces go (or before they do) make a new set out of some paracord, they'll last forever.

Four stars because the heel split pretty early on. I'd give them a 4.5 if I could because that hasn't been a major problem.
11 comment52 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2011
I've had these boots for about 2 months now and I like them. They are comfortable and durable. The hooks instead of eyelets at the top are very convenient but mine came off when I pulled the laces tight. Now I need to either just deal with it and not lace the top eyelet or I need to send them in for a warranty replacement at my own cost. I think they are bound to pull out again unless I'm very careful so I wish I had just bought the boots that have holes instead. So that is what I would suggest doing.
11 comment31 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2010
First off,.. let me say I love Timberland casual boots, work boots and shoes. That said, getting a pair of Tims that fit right off the bat is really a crap shoot, and that's the reason for the 3 star rating.
For me, the 8.5 wides will usually fit, in both shoes and boots, off the shelf, but I really have to try 'em on to be sure. My custom Tims are actually an 8 wide, and still a bit too BIG. Bummer cuz since they're custom, Timberland won't exchange 'em.
I ordered a pair of the Pro Pitboss boots (from amazon.com) in 8.5 wide but they are actually too SMALL, so,.. back they go and I'll be ordering the 9 wides to see if they fit any better.
Amazon has been great about exchanging these, but really, Timberland,... can you be a bit more consistent with your sizing??
11 comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2009
Extremely comfortable work boot. Feels just as good at the end of the day as when you put them on in the morning!
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2010
The boot looks and feels sturdy and solid. Generally comfortable when I'm not walking. But, I was working outside clearing brush and got a blister my left outside ankle bone within 3 hours. Feeling around the inside of the boot, there is a protrusion where the "Pro" emblem is inlayed and stitched to the side of the boot. Both the right and left boots have this inlayed emblem which can cause problems if your ankle bone happens to be right where the protrusion is. You'll have to wear the boot for yourself to see if it hits where it may cause a problem on your foot. Only my left ankle got the blister, but this can be an excruciating problem. I'm going to see if I can break in the boot, but right now, I wouldn't chance buying one unseen.
44 comments19 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2014
Had a faulty seem that shredded my ankle. The insoles are comfy but I was super disappointed in receiving an injury from wearing these. These were my very first pair of Timberlands ever and I had to return them and choose a totally different style. Not satisfied at all.
on May 24, 2015
defective in the bottom side tongue a little hole
review image review image
on November 13, 2015
I like these boots except for the way the toe end bends up. This causes your toes to point upward and it gets to be a pain after a while. I had hoped that after I had them broken in they would flatten out, no such luck after well over 100 hours of wearing them. If you look at these boots from the side you can see how the seam/hem turns upward toward the front. If it wasn't for this strange design I'd give it more stars.
review image
on November 26, 2013
I had a pair of Wolverines as my first work boots that fell apart within the first 6 months, same thing happened to a coworker of mine. Separated uppers from the sole. I wore those stinking leather rags on my feet for the next 3 years. I finally upgraded to these. These were a little cheaper than what I paid for my Wolverines and are infinitely better. My feet feel fine after a 9 hour shift and I can tell you that these boots feel very strong and sturdy. I had some pains my first week as others have mentioned from the seam of the heel piece rubbing on my ankle. I no longer feel that and I think all boots have some amount of break in time. I've only owned these a few months but I'm pretty sure I'd buy them again.