1,188 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars love them
i wear these boots five days a week in my auto shop, and they are amazing. they start a little stiff, but after a day or two they fit perfectly. wicked comfortable, love the hooks on the top instead of holes or loops. great boot, highly recommended for anyone who needs some xtra pretection from their boots.
Published on December 29, 2008 by Tyler R. Sherman

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable!
I've worn them several times. They kill my ankles, feels like my ankles are surrounded by clamps. Painful to wear. My mistake was not returning them in time. I'll never buy another Timberland boot again if this is what "comfort" is all about.
Published on January 25, 2013 by bigschott

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, December 29, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Boots that Work!, October 18, 2010
This is my 3rd pair of these boots, and I use them exclusively for work. They are comfortable to stand in all day, they last me more than a year (which in my line of work is very good) and the steel toes are very helpful, and NOT uncomfortable like in some boots (I can't even feel the steel). That said, I abuse the heck out of these boots. I work on a mountain doing construction and heavy equipment operation, so they're in the dirt, the mud, the trees, ditches, moving rocks, etc. I kick the pins in and out of my steel excavator bucket with the toes of these boots. I move rocks inches at a time by kicking them with these boots. I set heavy things on the toes of these boots. The leather on these boots gets covered in moisture wicking materials like clay and concrete, gets wet in the rain and frozen in the snow. After all this abuse, it STILL takes over a year for the boots to start separating from the soles! I defy you to find another boot for UNDER $100 that can do that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot, July 8, 2008
M. Fox-McGregor (St. Johnsbury, VT USA) - See all my reviews
I've been working in the woods and wearing these boots to perform home improvement projects and they are terrific. They are at home as much chopping wood as working on a ladder. They provide a stable base and are tough as nails. A great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Made, October 6, 2007
The only brand work boot I've been buying for 12 years. My last pair lasted me 3 years and I only threw it away because my wife made me do it. I think I had a least another six months left on that baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and durability, October 6, 2014
Danny Fixit (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This is the fifth pair of these that I have bought. First feature I like is their durability. They are worn daily with lots of walking on concrete surfaces and construction sites. The concrete does not wear out the soles. Mud, dirt, nails, lumber and other such abrasive or rough items don't cut into the leather. Water resistance is fair. If they do get wet inside, they seem to dry out fairly quick.

Comfort is the second feature. Their insoles keep my feet comfortable all day. In summer, they don't get over heated, and winter they keep my feet warm with good socks. Summary is that wearing these for 10-12hrs a day is better than any of my causal shoes.

Guess buying five pairs of these should be enough of a recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Boot I Will Ever Buy, January 12, 2010
This review is from: Timberland PRO Men's Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot (Apparel)
These boots are such nice boots, Timberland® just got a customer for life after my first pair of these beasts! I personally am just a 17 year old guy who does more walking than most people. I attend a private school were switching classes every is a half-mile ordeal which occurs about 7x a day. After school I work as a cashier and do other various jobs at a clothing store standing the whole time. Not only do these work boots blow away other work boots I've had but they also beat all the sneakers I've had in the past. I've had almost every brand of sneaker mind you though my experience with work boots is pretty limited. In the past I've had Sears brand boots which sucked more than anything else. Don't want to turn this onto a review on them but they stunk like s*** and were being destroyed by the winter salts. Already got my dad a pair from work and plan on getting myself another pair, one to kick the hell out of and one to keep nice. I suggest if you are buying these go for the steel toe, I have not noticed the steel comfort wise nor temperature. Overall a great boot for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great supportive boot with lots of comfort., April 2, 2010
S. Rodger "thechagos" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timberland PRO Men's Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot (Apparel)
I am a painter, and I had a herniated disc two years ago. Since then at least once a week my back will start to ache on the job, and I thought maybe if I got some more supportive footwear it would help the situation.
It did. My back stills gets sore of course, but about 40% less, and the only thing that has changed is that I got these boots.
They are extremely sturdy, and they will take about 2-3 weeks to break in.
The only real con is the weight of the boots. They aren't bad at all compared to some other workboots out there-around one lb each- but it still might bother someone who is used to hi-tops or shoes.

The fit is more generous then I thought it would be. I wear a 11 regular, and thats what I ordered thinking that it may be a wee bit tight. Wrong. A regular is a regular in Timberland boots. Good to know. So those of you who think your feet might be a little wide would not need to move up to the wide boot. The regular is plenty roomy even in a thicker sock.

The soles seem just fine. No falls or slips yet, and I have not seen a loss of traction.

They also look pretty spiffy (maybe thats why they are in so many hip-hop vids?) but they don't stay that way if you do in fact use them for work.

All in all, these are the best pair of workboots I have ever owned, and for $70 you cannot beat the quality and price.
Cheers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boots, some rubbing and wear issues, July 22, 2009
This review is from: Timberland PRO Men's Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot (Apparel)
I purchased these boots about 2 1/2 years ago and have been wearing them close to 5 days a week since then. I kept them clean and treated with Sno-Seal a few times a year and they have lasted quite a long time.

Aside from the normal practice of replacing the insole every 6 months, I'm looking for a new pair of boots because these have worn through the liner at the back of the heel and on the inside at the steel toe causing holes in pretty much every pair of socks I have. Also, the lower part of the sole has also started to separate from the upper on both boots. I will probably buy another pair since they have been the longest lasting work boots I've owned. If you try them on in a store to ensure a proper fit before you buy them and keep them clean and treated, I believe these boots would last the average person many years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable!, January 25, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Well Made Boot, But Runs Wide, March 26, 2011
This review is from: Timberland PRO Men's Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot (Apparel)
I have two pairs of Timberland boots/shoes and really love the brand. The Pit Boss boots look great and have a great build quality. However, I returned these boots because they are too wide (even though they are the same size/width as my other Timberlands). I would have given these boots a higher rating if they fit like my other Timberlands. Amazon charges a modest fee for return postage if the boots don't fit.

Timberland PRO Men's Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot