5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet

3.0 out of 5 stars big kids size 6 boots
Published on January 21, 2012 by Robert B. Sliker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars big kids size 6 boots, January 21, 2012
This review is from: Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Hiker (Big Kid) (Apparel)
i bought these boots for my nine year old son who is a cub scout that loves to hike. his shoe size is a 4 and a half, but i wanted to buy a larger size so that they would last at least a year or may be two. but i don't think that will happen. these boots are great. its just that they run small & are NARROW, VERY NARROW. so if your out-doors kid has a normal to wide foot you may want to look else where. this boot is made well and is water proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet, October 22, 2012
I am a woman with small feet. I have bought Timberland Hikers for women before but found them terribly uncomfortable. I replaced them with a pair of Thom McCann boys hikers. They fit great. Long story short, I wore out those boots and was looking for a replacement pair. I found this boy's pair at Amazon with free shipping so I thought I would give them a try. There was no toe box seam and I liked that. Anyway, they are a perfect fit! The boy's shoe is slightly wider than a woman's shoe. There is even an arch support built in. That is also important to me as I have a dancer's arch. This has to be one of my all time favorite Amazon purchases.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Boots, October 20, 2009
It's hard to find decent, affordable boots for young boys. These appear well made and durable. You'll need to find longer laces though. The ones that are included are too short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberlands for the winter, December 13, 2012
My child likes to play in the dirt, in the rain, and in the back yard when its cold. His sneakers kept on getting really dirty and wet and feet cold when he played in the yard and I got tired of cleaning or washing them before school the next day or before we went out. I thought what should I do and that's when I remembered that I had a pair of Timberlands and have had them for years and love them.
Well, we bought him the Timberlands and he is crazy about them because they clean easily. The best part is all I have to do is wipe the boots with a rag and go. Worth the money, perfect for the winter, and well... also playing in mud puddles. He's 8. We also got his teenage brother a pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberline youth boot, November 11, 2012
Bought these for my grandson for camping this week with cub scouts. Of course it rained, and after 3 days, mostly wet and muddy, feet stayed nice and dry. I wish I would have bought a pair for myself. I didn't do so well.
Those little guys never miss a puddle of water. Very satisfied, arrived quickly, priced competively. Ooorah.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland Boot, January 23, 2012
Got these for my son because I was sick of the yearly Timberland "workboot" every winter.. I wanted to find something different, and I found these. Amazon shipped super fast-thank you Prime, and my kid says theyre as comfy as his Air Max. Giggity

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boots! BUT..... beware!, June 6, 2014
You can never go wrong with Timberlands. These are a bit stiff in the beginning but look like they'll outlast my son's need for them! After break in, my son preferred these at summer camp, even when other kids were wearing tennis shoes.
==============================
June 7, 2014
So after my son came home from camping, I saw the inside of the boot had been waterlogged. These are supposed to be waterproof so I carefully checked the boots and found that the sides of the tongue are NOT connected to the shoe itself. What this means is that although the outer material is waterproof, water easily seeps in underneath the laces. I found this to be very strange since my wife and I have waterproof Timberlands and we can stand in water up to the point where the tongue is no longer attached to the shoe and our feet stay dry. My son does not have this luxury. Had I known beforehand, I would have exchanged them for a different pair that offered the same construction my other waterproof Timberlands offer.

Before you buy, make sure you understand what you are getting. These particular boots will only protect against rain or an inch or two of standing water. Slightly more of that will result in a boot full of water.

Lowering score from 5 stars to 3. Unfortunately I can't return or exchange now. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, April 6, 2014
My son loves these. They fit his feet great! He has worn them doing anything from ice fishing to summer hiking and his feet are always warm enough. I couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, April 2, 2014
These waterproof hiking boots made a soggy BS camping weekend perfect.
They fit my son right out of the box. They were truly waterproof. And they cleaned up nicely for the next trip.
Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardy, stiff shoes, March 27, 2014
Good traction and waterproof. Would be nice if the shoe tie loops can be non-metal to make it easier to clear past some international airports.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›