Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: 8 B(M) US|Color: Dark Brown|Change
Price:$129.95

on February 18, 2009
Based on other's reviews of this boot, I was leery of buying without being able to try them on. What may help others interested in this boot is the following: I am 5'10" and am very athletic (full contact sparring in Tae Kwon Do; other sports). I have 17" calves, wide feet, high instep and a flexible/flat arch. I have had foot surgery (bunionectomy), so I am very careful about the types of shoes I wear.

I have never, ever been able to find a boot that fit my claves. This boot FITS!! The top of the shaft falls about 1.5" below my knee. I wear tights with them and had to work at getting the right boot zipped up the first few wears, but they are fabulous leather and have relaxed a bit (I can even wear sock liners with my tights for extra warmth).

Because I am curvy and athletic, I don't know that I'll ever be able to tuck my jeans into the boots, but I really don't care. They are comfortable, warm, have survived a pretty rugged midwest winter with lots of snow/ice/arctic cold blasts. I wear them with skirts (short or long), dress pants & jeans, fall/winter capri-type pants. If I could sleep in them, I would. If I had a million dollars, I'd buy a pair in every available color. I've searched for a boot like this for at least 3 decades -- These babies totally ROCK! They may not be the classic shiny leather rider's boot, but I certainly feel a little Nancy Sinatra coming on :)
1010 comments|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2009
** Update to below review **
Ended up ordering the C/D wide width and boy were they sloppy! The fit was bigger everywhere, not just in the toe box! The heel was slopping around on me and the calf circumference increased quite a bit. Decided to keep my B (medium width) and hope for the best ~~ so glad I did! Being a high quality leather, these stretched out and have become my all time favorite, go to boots!!! They are SO COMFORTABLE! I can put these on in the morning, go to church, go walk the mall, come home later and my feet feel great! If they are a little snug for your first couple of wears, just give them time and they should stretch to fit you perfectly. Best wishes! >^..^< Kat

I have been looking for a couple years for the perfect "with leggings and skirt" and "over skinny jeans" brown leather boot. This is almost perfect! I have skinny calves (13") so I was concerned about the circumference listed at other sites for this very same boot (here it is listed as 14 1/2" which is pretty accurate). This fits me well around the calf adjusted to the tighest fitting as the top buckle is adjustable. If you have larger calves, this may not be the boot for you. I have had to send back other boot styles due to the calf circumference being way too big; not the case with these. Even though there is a zipper, full length, on the inside, it is still a tug to get your heel and foot into them. The heel fits snug, but comfortable, plenty of room in the toe box but the width is pretty snug even with nylon type socks on. I was unsure about whether to order the B (medium, normal width) or the C/D (wide width). Wish now I had ordered the wide width. I have a pretty normal width, maybe just slightly wide, and the B was too snug for long term comfort so back the B's go for the wide width C/D's. The leather is beautiful - a more rugged nubuck finish. Even though some reviews state waterproof, I am spraying a protectant to be safe. These have the ability to be dressed up or down but don't expect a shiny leather, high class look due to the rugged sole and heel. My 2 year quest has finally come to an end!!! :) Enjoy!
on October 27, 2010
After agonizing over ordering these boots, I finally spent the money and got them in yesterday. I'm sooooooo glad I did!! They are so comfortable I don't want to take them off. I wear a 6.5 (sometimes narrow) in all my shoes, but I ordered a 6 since Timberlands run long. The fit is snug (but comfortable) on the sides with plenty of room in the toe for thicker socks. I tried on a pair of Timberland boots at a department store just to be sure of the size before I ordered these. The leather is so soft and I love the style. I'm 5'2" and the boot hits about 1.5"-2" below my knee and fits perfectly around my calf (which is about 13") but still leaves room for skinny jeans. The sole is very substantial which should come in handy for all the walking I do in Philly. These boots will go with everything and I *almost* can't wait for it to get cold enough to wear them everday. Most of the reviews seemed very accurate to me so if you're thinking about ordering them...do so...you'll be glad you did.

*Update* I've worn these boots all winter and love them even more now. They are comfortable enough to wear all day no matter how much walking I'm doing. You'll want them a little snug on the sides of your foot and the heel so the boot can mold to the shape of your foot. The heavy sole is great for walking in snow and ice. I sprayed them with a nubuck leather waterproofing spray and they did great and have stayed very clean. These boots are still worth commenting about 4 months later :)
on January 31, 2012
I bought these boots on lightening deal, specifically because the very first customer review of them listed on Amazon said that they fit her 17 inch calves. I have 15 inch calves and no high top boots have been able to zip up this season! So, I bought these, and was eagerly awaiting them. When I tried them on THEY WOULD NOT ZIP UP the final 3 inches. Impossibility. (Yes, I adjusted the buckle.)
I got so frustrated I got the measuring tape out and measured myself again -still 15 inches around. Now, maybe the manufacturer has made them smaller since 2009 (When that review posted), but I felt I had to warn others that that review is false by Today's standards of production.

The boots look to be made well and I'm not disparaging the product, I'm just annoyed that they don't fit after my high expectations and sad that I have to return them.
on August 29, 2008
my boots just arrived and at first glance, i was very happy. the color is beautiful, i loved the style, very nice leather quality. then i tried them on and the fit is weird. to start, i wish they were a good 1" taller. i'm 5'10" and they hit right at the middle of my calf. on even a shorter person, it wouldn't be considered "knee high." and the shape of the shaft is so odd. it is really wide in the lower area and gets tighter at the top. i guess if you were a much shorter person, this might work if it went all the way above the calf to the knee. so i have a boot that's snug around my calf and has a good two inches of loose leather around the upper ankle/lower calf. not very flattering. i can't decide if i'm going to return them or use them with jeans....
on October 11, 2012
I love these boots. I've never had a pair of long boots that come up to the calf. I've tried them on, but could never get them to zip. I fell in love with these, though, so I bought them, hoping against all hope that I could make them work. I found a neat tip online to spritz them with 50% alcohol (available at most drug stores for less than a buck), inside and out, put them on, and zip them up. Worked like a charm. Before the alcohol, I couldn't zip about 2 inches with thin socks. Using the alcohol, they are over thick socks and a pair of jeans. I wore them to town thinking I'd break them in the hard way (I even took painkillers with me, just in case). They didn't hurt once. My feet felt great the entire time. I think I'll probably have to use the alcohol a few more times until I can zip them without it, but I'm happy as a clam with these boots. Beautiful.
on February 3, 2012
Thanks to reading many of the (130+) other reviews before I ordered these boots, I finally found the perfect brown riding-style boot for my hard-to-fit narrow feet. Since I started a brown boots search last fall, I ordered no fewer than EIGHT pairs of brown winter boots off the internet & in stores, only to return ALL of them -- that is until these boots arrived. I still had two pairs of Cole Haan boots and was trying to make one work when these Timberland's arrived from Amazon, and after walking around on carpet in all three pairs, there was absolutely no comparison. These Timberland boots are 10x more comfortable right out of the box than either of the Cole Haans (with fancy Nike Air cushion technology in them, even!). There is enough room at the end of the toe to feel like an 8 N or 8 slim - which is good for wearing with winter socks, and I am confident that the width will accommodate thick socks even if the boots have to stretch a little. The expensive Cole Haans went back, saving me a lot of coin!

It is important to note that although I am a solid 7.5 Slim (AAA) size, especially in heels, sometimes I can get away with not just a Narrow (AA) but a Medium (B) width, in boots that have a low heel. I've also learned that one 1/2 size down and a medium width is very likely to work -- if the boots are leather and/or will stretch a little, and the shoe runs narrow. This is why a 7M fits me perfectly in this boot. There is very little size difference between a 7M and a 7.5N when they cut shoe sizes out anyway (a shoe salesman whose father manufactured shoes told me that once, and it has helped me find shoes that fit ever since).

The bottom line: Timberland's Womens Lexxis boot runs VERY narrow, to the point of being almost a SLIM, AND 1/2 to 1 full size longer than it is sized. If you are not a slim, the leather seems like it could stretch to fit quickly - but they will still be narrow. It is a made of good-quality leather that is a more of a yellowish/chocolate brown than a reddish/dark brown, and has a matte suede look while definitely being a nappa-type leather and not suede (seems much easier to clean than suede). They feel like they were made for me, look good, and seem like they'll hold up through a lot of winters and bad weather.

Possible cons: the boot is lined with a synthetic fabric, and has a faux buckle on the ankle that is sewed into place (non-adjustable) -- but both of these things are likely reasons why they are more affordable than other leather boots. Even so, the comfortable footbed/low heel, the stable, durable-looking lug sole, and the decently fitting calf (I am petite and don't have big calves) overcame all my worries about not sending yet another pair back. Plus, I think the leather is durable enough that they will conform perfectly to my feet and become favorites. I've worn them several times now with no problems at all.
on November 14, 2009
My shoe size is 7.5 but for these boots I can say 7 fitted on me. I had to return but I bought the smaller one instead because I love it! Very comfortable and pretty. I think tan color is very cool too. I am very happy with my boots. except size problem I don't have any problem.
on November 24, 2009
It's important to read the reviews for the fit because they were dead on. I am typically an 8.5 sometimes a 9. My foot is wider but other than that I would say my foot length and calf size is average. I found the length to be longer and the width to be narrow. The ankle was snug but not uncomfortable. What I did not like was that the boot material seemed cheap and plasticy. I know they claim to be waterproof so maybe this is the reason but I prefer leather that appears to be of higher quality. I also did not care for the shape of the toe which was more on the pointy rounded side if that makes sense. So overall...if your foot is long and narrow...this is the boot for you.
on January 7, 2011
These are a great pair of boots, nice looking and well-made. There are three things I have an issue with though.

* They are not exactly leather - more like a brushed suede. Not as fuzzy as regular suede, but not smooth like leather either. I don't mind that, in fact it's pretty nice. Just thought others might want to know before buying.

*Timberland makes a great quality boot, however they are not proportioned for a woman's foot. It's not just Timberland, most shoe mfg. are doing the same thing. Women have a more narrow heel and are wider in the front of the foot then men. Our feet, like the rest of our bodies, are shaped differently then men are, and shoes should be made to fit us properly.

*On the same note, the calves of boots should reflect the size of the foot bed. It seems like that would be a no-brainer, yet you see this in every boot on the market - 14-15 inch calves no matter the size. Hey, people, the bigger the foot, generally the bigger the leg.

The fit is the main draw back as far as I'm concerned.

These boots would not zip up at first for me. Like other reviewers said though, I gave them a couple tries and they did stretch out just fine. The buckle that you can supposedly adjust? Not too much. It'll give you about an extra 1/8th inch.

They do require a little breaking in, but once softened up I found them comfortable enough to wear all day. They seem sturdy enough to last for years, but the leather is already showing smooth areas where the fuzzy is wearing off, getting shiny. That distressed look is fine with me.