Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timberland Women's Rudston Pull-On Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on January 15, 2012
Purchased these in Olive. . beautiful and very neutral. They look great with jeans and fit well with them tucked in . I ordered 1/2 size larger and they fit perfect. I purchased them from the Timberland website for about $60 (clearance pricing with 30% off). Having a great clearance sale January 2012. Then free shipping with the promotional code SHIP100
on December 13, 2011
I have been debating about these boots since October, and I finally purchased them in the beginning of December. Unfortunately I missed the most recent 50% off sale! But I was able to get a deal around Thanksgiving (30% off) that allowed me to pay only $144.00 for them and I do not regret any penny that I spent. I normally wear a size 7M but I tried these on at a Timberland store and found that 7M was too tight at the foot and 7.5M was too roomy. So I ordered a 7W and they are perfect. They will still take some time to break in completely but the first time I wore them I was in them for 12 hours and I was not in any pain (some pain in the foot with a bunion but that's expected and my fault) at the end of the night. The calf area is fine too and the ankle area is wide enough for me to wear straight leg jeans (wider than skinny jeans/jeggings) and be comfortable with the extra fabric inside the boots. The calf area is not tight (mine measure 12" around and the boots' opening claims to be 14"), although if one has calves more than 13.5" around and is wearing jeans it might be a little tight. In any case, they are beautiful and well-made and I am looking forward to see how they do in wet weather. I got mine in Copper because of its scruffy, rugged raw look and love to look at them..I will get the dark brown if the prices lower again. What's great about Amazon is that you never have to buy anything at full price. I was once stopped on the street by a woman who has also been thinking about getting them so I told her to go ahead and get them at Amazon. Stores don't carry the wide sizes and the Copper color was not on display. Go for these with confidence and try them on in a store first if you can!
88 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
These boots are very attractive. Buying true to size, like I did, well all I can say is good luck getting them on. You will feel like you've been to the gym. Of course after you also have to get them off, another workout. I really bought my size because of all the reviews that say they stretch out. Big, big, big mistake. On the bright side once they are on they are very comfortable.

Update, after putting them on & taking off 10 times, I would still put them on before putting on my makeup (sweating is not good for makeup) however it takes a few minutes less now. Anyone who thinks I've never had pull up boots before, you are wrong. I still say get 1/2 size larger.
on January 5, 2013
I bought these in the Burgundy wide width size 11 from another site. Sorry Amazon, had a coupon. I normally wear a 10.5 m/w but always order my boots in 11 for that extra toe wiggle room. I' have 15.5" calves. Well, they were so wide my foot was sliding around in them in such a way if I stepped wrong I'd fall. Now this was my mistake because I have the Timberland Nevali boots and they fit perfect in the wide. I contacted the company & asked if I could exchange them if the 11m were available but they don't do that because stock changes daily, understandable. So I asked if I could return them and have my coupon refunded since it was earned from purchase points and buy them in the medium but they don't do that either for above reason. So, I came back to Amazon and bought the Burgundy and Artisan Gold in 11m for a little more than I paid for the one pair at the other company. So, I'm sending back the first pair to the other company. So, ladies, unless you have really wide feet and/or very high arches, stay with the medium.

Now, for the positive, the foot bed is very comfortable. Almost like wearing sneakers. The Burgundy color is very rich. The picture doesn't do it justice. The heel is a comfortable height. I'm looking forward to receiving the 11m and will update my review as soon as I do.

Update: 1/11/13 Received the Artisan Gold ones today in 11m. Slightly snug but I'm sure they'll break in with no problem. The color is outstanding. Thanks to another reviewer I knew not to touch my clothes because they are oiled. I'm going to set mine out of the box and hopefully the oil will soak in. I'm really looking forward to receiving the Burgundy ones.

1/12/13 received the Burgundy pair. The picture doesn't do the color justice. Can't decide which color I like best. Just as comfortable as my Artisan Gold. I did leave them out over night and the areas where the oil seem darker did soak in and evened out. So I'm leaving the Burgundy ones out tonight. I see they have Plum now. If anyone has them please let me know how the color looks.

I've now ordered the Copper and Black. I've discovered that not only is this brand comfortable, you can bling them out and have a whole different wardrobe. I'm going to buy one pair in every color as I can afford them. With Amazon's prices it won't take long.
on December 17, 2011
Hi ordered two pairs because I truly was looking for the black and the brown. I found the brown at a great price but the black was not available in my size. With much hesitation, I decided to buy the dark olive, I figured that if I didn't like it I could always send it back. I just got them yesterday and when I opened the box and tried them, I was happy. These are beautiful, quality made boots. The best part was that the dark olive looks black and I really had to take take them around the house under different lights to make sure that they were olive. I even thought that Timberland might have made a mistake and sent me the blacks instead. I then placed them next to a black pair of pants, and I can see a bit of the dark green, but for the most part they really look black, maybe a lighter shade of black, nevertheless, black! I asked my daugther and husband and both of them said black of course! I took them outside during daylight and they look like a lighter black, not gray! Bottom line, the brown is beautiful, the olive can almost be a black. I like them and I am keeping them. In terms of size, they really are true to size if you have a regular type foot. I was initially thinking about ordering 1/2 size bigger but I am glad I didn't because they are perfect! They would have been too big otherwise! I hope this helps!
As of January 2012 I bought these on Timberland site for $79.00 on sale, what a steal! The price was $99.00 with addition 20% off, plus tax and shipping came to a just under a hundred. I am glad I waited and didn't buy them before holidays for a full price.

I chose the Artisan Gold which is orangey/copper rich color, beautiful. For some reason on Amazon web is listed as white/black color.

I wanted to try them on first in the store and they run big. I wear 8.5 and this size in M width felt like 9. The boot that people were trying on more often felt even bigger like solid 9.5 and there is no way I would purchase my size. I went with 8 and they felt snug in the toes are but the length was perfect. After wearing the boots with thicker socks they stretched and fit like a glove.
If someone has a wide feet I'd definitely would go with the wider option. If someone lives in a cold area and will wear very thick or 2 socks I would buy actual size. Most reviews says that the boots run smaller and I am very surprised by my fitting. Usually I am trying to wear 8, but 99% have to go with 8.5 for sure.

I hate high hills ( I can not walk in them) but these boots rocks. They comfortable, have a stable hill, waterproof and look cute. Very easy to put on and off.
My only complait is that the ankle area is way to wide but once boot will slouch it will be ok. For me the boot is wide in a calf area and I am 5'6'' and around 130 lb, there is enough room not only for skinny jeans but regular also.
on October 12, 2012
These boots are the PERFECT in between boot-casual, without being TOO casual and they still have a heel, so I don't look stumpy. Plus they are SO comfortable. I am normally a size 6 but went 1/2 size up because some reviewers said it was helpful but, more importantly, because they did not have the color I wanted in a 6. The 6.5 fits well with thick socks, which is what I wanted anyway, so I am happy with the sizing, but I mention just to say that a 6 would have probably worked as well (but I might have had to stick with thinner socks).

The ONLY reason that I don't give these a perfect 5 stars is something that might only apply to the artisan gold color (and maybe the copper as well). Overall the color is GORGEOUS, but as part of the rugged patina, the color is inconsistent over the boot, which you can see in the photo here. For the most part, I really like that, but the toe section of one boot is noticeably lighter than the other. I don't think it is too bad, and a little shoe polish/leather conditioner will probably correct it in no time. I love the boots so much I am not sending them back for this, but I just wanted to point it out in case it might bother someone else.
on October 4, 2011
I had never really tried Timberland in the past, thinking that they were just too "outdoorsy" but their latest boot offerings are stylish and functional. I ordered the dark brown color of these boots and the leather is nice, and the color is beautiful...so rich and deep. I had to send them back, however, as I have really thin ankles and these are not as fitted at the ankle area as I would like so it throws off the proportion of my leg. They fit TTS and seemed comfortable.
on March 7, 2013
I bought these boots in black a year ago catching a GREAT sale! I've received countless compliments on them and so have debated on getting them in other colors for full price.... HURRAY!! I caught another sale!! I promptly bought two pairs; this color and the Aztec Gold.... I've worn the Plum color twice and have received so many compliments I've worn a constant smile both times! I'm still waiting on the Aztec Gold to arrive....

As for comfort/sizing: very, very comfortable boot! I read all the reviews advising to buy a half size larger, but that hasn't been my experience. I normally wear a 7.5 in boots and have slightly wide feet, I bought a 7.5 wide the first time and never even had a 'break in' period to worry about... this pair was not available in Wide so I got medium.... they were a little snug at first, but I walked around the house in them with thick socks to break them in and it only took about 30 mins.... wore them to work the next day and worked a 15 hour day no problem! My feet felt GREAT!

The color is labeled 'plum' , the picture looks like a Taupe color and that's exactly what it is! I wore tham with a deep maroon sweater once and the sweater seemed to bring out the plum in them, then I wore them with a pumpkin colored sweater and black leggins and the boots looked an earthy khaki color... weird how they do that but I love it!
on November 9, 2012
If anyone complains about the lack of comfort in these boots, it's because she probably does not wear heels often. As soon as I took them out of the box and slipped one on my foot, I was hooked. I'm so tired of seeing women wearing boots for the sexy factor. Everywhere you go you'll see all the stores selling tall stiletto heeled boots, that go over the knee in every which color. Then when you try them on you think to yourself, "are these boots worth the price I'm paying not to mention the beating my feet will endure from wearing them?" I must say these boots are a breath of fresh air from that main stream fashion boot trend. These boots are definitely casual, but they're nice enough to dress up a bit, not to mention there are so many color options. The comfort factor is definitely the biggest selling point for me. These boots are the perfect combination of sexy and comfortable.