5.0 out of 5 stars Small bag, big hit
Published on October 19, 2011 by Graphics in Motion

3.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!
This bag is a great bag if you want something completely secure. With the combined effort of Velcro and to buckles on the outside its impossible for anyone to get into the bag.

The inside of the bag is a little smaller than I expected it to be. If the sleeve for the tablet wasn't inside it might be a little better.
The shoulder strap is great except for...
Published 15 months ago by Satsukiame

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Small bag, big hit, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
I wanted a small messenger bag for some electronics or work items and the Timbuk2 Freestyle gets the job done. I looked at a few different brands and sizes, but kept coming back to this bag. It has an inner sleeve that's the perfect size for an iPad and has a variety of zipped pockets for storage. It may be a little more expensive, but the quality is there and Timbuk2 is a well-known name in messenger bags.

In a perfect world, I would have liked two additional features; a small handle at the top of the bag so that you can pick it up like an attache case, and an additional "D ring" on the other side. With the extra D ring, you could attach a small strap and secure the bag to your body while you're running for the train or sneaking out of your girlfriend's second floor bedroom in the middle of the night.

But those are small quibbles and I enthusiastically recommend this bag. It's the perfect size to hold small quibbles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal bag for guy, January 6, 2012
TgeekB (Western, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
This is my 2nd Timbuk2 Freestyle bag, this one is the newer model. I need something to carry stuff to work, for a carry on bag when flying, for a trip to where ever. This fits the bill almost perfectly. It's rugged, has lots of room and pockets, and doesn't look like a murse. It has an adjustable strap with an easy on/off connector. It is very waterproof but not perfect. The best part is the inner, padded pouch for my Blackberry Playbook (or an iPad, etc.). Getting it for about 1/2 price on Amazon was the kicker. Now I have 2 for variety and for anyone else who needs to borrow one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this bag!, April 1, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
This bag is great. I did cut out the ipad pouch because with a case the ipad will not fit in the sleeve. There are tons of pockets and it's very durable. I can easily fit a lot in it with out it becoming uncomfortable. I also use it with out the shoulder pad. I just didn't like the stiff foam of it. I'm thinking of getting a bigger one for my camera kit and laptop. I think I'm in love with Timbuk2 now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The PERFECT bag for your electronics, August 6, 2010
S.O. "Gadget guy" (Sunny CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
I just posted this on my blog (stuff . salrok . com) but wanted to spread the word to my fellow Amazon shoppers.

I'm not sure why, but I have a lot of bags (almost matches my flashlight collection). Maybe it's because I'm always looking for that "perfect" bag which meets my needs to the key. However, over the years, many of these bags just collect dust in my garage while newer ones live in my closet holding my camera gear or gadgets.

My latest bag addition is the Timbuk2 Freestyle Netbook bag. My goal was to contain my gadgets (and some for my kids) when going on weekend outings (soccer/softball/mall/etc). My current set of gadgets include:
1) iPad with Marware Eco-Vue flip case (awesome iPad case, btw)
2) Nintendo XL (for kid #1)
3) Cradlepoint PHS-300 (wireless hotspot)
4) Palm Centro to use w/the cradlepoint ($27/month for unlimited data. can't beat that)
5) Nintendo DS lite (for kid #2)
6) iPod Touch (Gen 1 and 2 - when the kids prefer a different set of games)
7) Kindle 2

After buying the iPad, I tried to see if an existing bag I had would fit everything, but nothing quite fit the bill. I purchased the Lowepro Exchange Messenger DSLR Shoulder Bag, which was a good size, but didn't have the right type of dividers/pockets. I had a coupon for eBags and kept seeing those Google Ads for the Freestyle bag, so I thought I'd give that a try. I ordered one and it arrived shortly thereafter.

I already have a few other Timbuk2 bags and love their stuff. Their quality is top-notch, lifetime warranties, etc. The Freestyle is no exception - great build quality, durable, good padding, and "perfect" size. I can easily fit all the above mentioned gear into this bag and there are quite a few pockets and sleeves provided such that I don't have to worry about screens rubbing against each other and scratching.

I'll provide some pics later, but overall, this is the perfect bag for my needs (so much so that I bought another one - i now have a blue and a black one). Highly recommend it if you want to carry an iPad and other electronics. It'll also fit a netbook (my eee easily can fit).

My only "ask" is that they add a small handle on the flap - even a little loop would do. When I throw the bag in the passenger seat in my car, it's a little difficult to grab when exiting. I know the small bag may not need a handle, but I sure could use one (Timbuk2 - is it possible to send it in and get one sewed on?)

Thanks for dropping by!
SteveO

5.0 out of 5 stars Timbuk2 Freestyle, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
This bag is very nice, just not very large. I ordered the xsmall to be on the safe side since I have never had one of these bags, I bought sight unseen. The bag is mildly stiff, a very durable nylon and has a waterproof liner. My favorite part is the ultra thick straps making a very comfortable fit on shoulders and against the back.There is also a padded shoulder pad for the straps, which I promptly removed because it is bulky. I have been making adjustments all day and wearing about the house. I didn't realize that the IPAD holder is not removable, it is sewn into the back part of the bag.
The pockets offer lots of storage and 2 are lined with fuzzy soft liner for cell phones or mp3 players. The pockets under the flap also add quick entry for needed items without need of opening the bag again and again...
All in all, my main purpose for purchasing this bag was to carry all of my items with me for work as parking is a premium, and walking is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bag, February 16, 2012
Samuel Ward (KNOXVILLE, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
I have been looking for a lightweight bag to carry my iPad and a few extra items, and this bag is it. Carries everything I would need for business or for play, and if necessary is large enough to fit my 13 in Macbook pro. If you need something small and light weight and looks good too, this bag has it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, will probably last forever, July 7, 2013
MtnJason (Pacific Northwest, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
Great looking bag, and very comfortable to wear while biking or just walking around. It feels like it will last forever, construction is very sturdy and very water resistant. I love the external dimensions but it is pretty small inside, so don't expect to carry a lot of stuff around. I usually have a lightweight jacket, eyeglass case, cell phone, bottle of water, 7" tablet, and maybe a couple snacks in it. I use it for sporting events, a carry on for short airplane trips, or short bike rides. Unless you really load it down with something heavy like a several bottles of water you will barely notice you're wearing it.
This bag has a big shoulder pad that is kind of uncomfortable and unnecessary unless you're really carrying a lot of weight, but it's easily removable (velcro) and can be re-installed later if needed.
The one thing I wish it had was a handle on the top, it would be nice to be able to grab it and carry it that way, but that doesn't seem to be common for bags of this nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bag for Vacation, December 20, 2013
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
we took our two bags to Europe for Halloween and they ere the perfect size to carry and didn't have to worry about someone trying to steal them off us while we were out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid messenger bag, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
xsmall is my size. It's designed for 10" pad. It's sturdy and protect your pad well. It's also a good commuting bag as long as you get used to the bright colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Timbuk2 Freestyle Bag (Sports)
I bought this for my girlfriend who is a med student. She didn't want to lug her backpack around on rounds and was looking for something smaller and classier. This fit the bill. Great for holding a few things and organizing personal items. Tablet sleeve is awesome. She really loves it and uses it everyday.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›