5.0 out of 5 stars Should you get small or large?
Published 16 months ago by Jeff

2.0 out of 5 stars Small is Too Small, Medium is Too Big
I've had previous good experience with Timbuk2 products, notably a case I use for my Kindle.

Published 21 months ago by GHDave

5.0 out of 5 stars Should you get small or large?, March 11, 2013
I have an iPhone 4s and used to use an Otterbox Defender with it. An iPhone 4s WITH the Otterbox Defender WILL NOT fit in this product, the Timbuk2 "Accessory Bag" IN SMALL. However, at the same time that I ordered the Timbuk2 Accessory Bag, I also made a switch in my iPhone protection. I now use an Element Case Ion 4, and it fits well. Perfect around the width of the phone. A little tight up top, but the Velcro holds fast regardless. However, if you like your phone protection thick, you'll want to go with the Accessory Bag in large.

Note: An iPhone with an Element Case Ion 4 measures 4 3/4" x 2 5/8" x 1/2" (122mm x 66mm x 13mm).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Timbuk2 case that fits something other than a iPhone, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Timbuk2 3 Way Accessory Bag (Sports)
I love my Timbuk2 Command bag but I wanted something extra I could easily access my phone without reaching for my bag so I decided to see what Timbuk2 offers. While they have a lot of cell cases, they are all pretty much iPhone only which is a little frustrating but the medium 3way case fits my (caseless) Sprint EVO 3D perfectly. The width is tight but maybe room for something a little wider if need be. My phone actually sinks into the case a little bit and you need to use your finger tips to get it out but that is okay. The case feels solid and the liner in the case is super soft. The last thing I want to point out is that with the black and grey Command bag is a slightly different shade of black and grey from the 3way case, I could care less about that but I could see that some people out there might be bothered by it. I highly recommend this case for larger Android phones, pretty sure it'll fit most of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for iPhone 4 (small), August 29, 2011
The 3way is a perfect item for those that are looking to hold on to their iPhone4 while using their timbuk2 or even on a belt. The inside of the case is extremely soft and plush to make sure your screen is protected and cared for. I ordered the small and the phone fits snugly with a thin case. The top flap has a opening to allow earbuds to be used while the 3way flap is closed. Highly recommended for any timbuk2 user!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on belt or straps but not rain proof, March 18, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 3 Way Accessory Bag (Sports)
I'm not fond of digging my iPhone 4s out of my jeans or messenger bag so I bought the 3-Way Accessory Bag (size small). After a short tour on the strap of my Timbuk2 messenger, I realized I preferred the 3-Way on my belt. Indeed, it fits perfectly on any 2" or smaller belt and rides in a horizontal or vertical position, depending the the loop used. It's stable, quick to draw and safe compared to my front pocket. It even has a hole to thread earbuds through when you rock out. The only gotcha is it has an opening on the sides of the flap for rain to flow in.

Fit and finish are excellent and similar to Timbuk2 bags. Not a dressy style but perfect for daily use. Basically it's a light, well-fitting and useful case. I use it everyday and actually wore it out after a year and bought another one.

UPDATE 01/28/2014: Sadly the small 3-Way Accessory Bag doesn't fit my new iPhone 5s. It slides in but the flap is too short to latch securely. So I bought the next size up, medium, and it fits albeit with 1/2 inch extra length. So back in business with the 3-Way Accessory Bag!

2.0 out of 5 stars Small is Too Small, Medium is Too Big, October 10, 2012
GHDave (Boulder, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timbuk2 3 Way Accessory Bag (Sports)

I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, which is about 5.1 x 2.7 x .4 inches. I'm a geek, I guess, but I like to wear my phone on my belt, to protect it, for ease of access, and so I can hear it. I don't like keeping it in a pocket. I've used some Night Ize cases, but the plastic clips have a habit of breaking.

I tried a Small of this product at a local store, but it was too small to close on my phone, so I ordered this one. This one is about an inch too long for my phone. In addition, the belt loop is set in the middle of the case instead of at the top, so that the case sticks up about two inches above belt line. I'm not going to bother returning it, and may see if I can modify it to better suit my needs.

The case itself is well made, as one would excect from Timbuk2, and I like the plush lining which protects the phone and wipes it clean. If Timbuk2 would make a case sized in between their small and medium of this product, and set the belt loop in the right place, I'd like such a product much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars If only..., September 25, 2011
I was really glad I got the medium sized bag because anything smaller wouldn't fit my phone. I have the huge droid x, fyi. I use the front little pocket for my school ID--we need it for everything so I used to lose it all the time. Not anymore! Also, I wear the bag lower down because I like to use the side strap on my Timbuk2 bag for biking; unlike the model, I'm a little more full-chested. It's comfortable either way but I prefer it lower.

Pros:
Good size: not huge and awkward
super easy access
great for commuting by bike
don't have to dig in the bag for my phone and ID!
attaches securely

Cons:
No space for anything else (maybe a little bit of money or a CC but nothing else)
Open sides make it potentially permeable to rain, unlike the larger messenger bag

Overall, I enjoy the bag and find it very useful. My dream bag would have a spot for ALL my easy access needs (phone, keys, ID, CC) but I guess I have to take what I can get!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits larger phones like samsung galaxy iii, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 3 Way Accessory Bag (Sports)
make sure you get the larger one
bought mine at the timbuk2 store in sf after trying out in person
receipt says
3 way algae/sorbet green m
868-4-7139

should fit other larger phones too

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Galaxy Nexus!, December 28, 2012
I had originally bought the Timbuk2 Shagg Accessory Bag for my Google Galaxy Nexus, but it was way too small. Saw this 3 Way bag and it fit perfectly. Even has a smaller front pouch for a cable or earphones. Great for travel or on the job. Will use again A++++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily fits iPhone 5, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 3 Way Accessory Bag (Sports)
As always Timbuk2 gear is well made with quality materials. I got this case when I upgraded to an iPhone 5 and my existing pouch was a super tight fit. The iPhone 5 easily fits in the medium pouch even with a case (I use the speck candy). I was also glad to see they put the soft side of the velcro on the flap so there is no chance the rougher hook side scratching the phone or case. It integrates perfectly with their messenger bags and with the entire back acting as the securing strap there is no way this is coming off by accident.
Not sure you could ask for much more to be honest. Its well made, integrates well with their bags, feels sturdy, has a nice clean look and is built to last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medium Size Is Perfect For iPhone 5 in Otterbox, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 3 Way Accessory Bag (Sports)
I recently upgraded my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5 when they came out. I had previously used an older version of this case for my phone called the Timbuk2 2Way. Glad to see Timbuk2 made some improvements to this new version called the 3Way!

My iPhone 5 is in an Otterbox Defender case and it fits perfectly in the medium size 3Way and isn't too snug. It has a super soft fleece interior lining and I love how I can attach it to the strap of my Timbuk2 messenger bag for easy access. The extra pocket in the front under the velcro flap is also lined with the super soft fleece and can be used for IDs, a few $, subway pass, etc.

Just to note also that when I ordered the 3Way I also picked up a Timbuk2 Shagg Accessory Bag to consider as well, but I opted to stick with the 3Way.

Timbuk2 3 Way Accessory Bag