5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What You're Looking For
This bag is truly perfect. I got the gray/ cold blue combination, and it looks great. It's very stylish, but it's not over-the-top flashy. And the material seems very durable.

Published on September 20, 2012 by Kat

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent bag, but too small and not meant for carrying
Published on December 25, 2012 by R. Fitzpatrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What You're Looking For, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 Flow Gym Yoga Tote (Sports)

Judging by the picture, I was a bit worried that the bag would be too bulky, but even on my small frame, the bag doesn't look oversized at all. There is LOTS of room on the inside of the bag, and I was easily able to fit my yoga mat towel, a light change of clothes, my strap, and my yoga block, all with room to spare.

Now. I was somewhat skeptical about how the yoga mat placement was actually incorporated into the bag, but I'm glad I took a leap of faith with the Flow. I was really worried that my mat would just be sitting on top of the bag underneath the shoulder strap (as appears to be the case with the other Timbuk2 yoga bag called the Scrunchie), but that isn't the case with the Flow at all. This bag is truly designed as a yoga bag, unlike the Scrunchie model. My mat does sit on top of the zipper, but it isn't just floating there awkwardly. It's held in place very nicely by two flaps (about 4-5 inches long, I'd say) that run the length of the bag. These flaps curve around to contain the mat, and the flaps come together with a sturdy, adjustable buckle. So my mat is sitting on top of the bag, but it's cradled and buckled in very firmly. I don't feel like it's going to slide out, no matter how much I move around.

TL;DR: This bag has made me very happy, and I really can't find a single thing wrong with it. It's plenty big enough for all of your gear without being obnoxiously large, it's cute without being in-your-face, it's durable (and all of Timbuk2's bags come with warranties), and it does exactly what it's designed to do. It is a little bit expensive, I'll admit, but it's really worth it. Buy this bag; you'll be glad you did!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent bag, but too small and not meant for carrying, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Timbuk2 Flow Gym Yoga Tote (Sports)
I bought this bag because I needed a new yoga bag, and generally like Timbuk2's products. Unfortunately, this product is not one that works well for me. First off, it's too small for me to use. Here's what I need to bring to the studio every day: shorts, underwear, tech top, mat, yogitoes towel, shower towel, 3oz shampoo, water bottle. This bag is too small to hold that. And whatever you keep in the bag will not be accessible to you without removing the mat from the top, so forget about quickly grabbing your wallet or water bottle from inside the bag.

Second, the strap is uncharacteristically minimal for Timbuk2. It's a thinner width and lighter weight than any of their other bags that I can recall, and there's no shoulder pad or sleeve with it. This bag simply will not stay on my shoulder. You might be okay walking to and from the car with this bag, but I wouldn't want to walk more than a block with it. Keep in mind that you have a yoga mat strapped along the top of it, so there's no way it's conforming to your body, and no handy way to keep it steady. It will just flop around until it falls off.

I ended up returning this bag and getting an OG Sack. the thing is huge, but the backpack straps and messenger strap (with shoulder pad) are working great for me, walking about 3/4 mile to and from my studio. The mat anchors also mean I can access the bag contents without moving the mat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect (almost), April 25, 2013
This is the perfect mat bag, not too big, just enough space for everything you need inside and strap your mat on top. Nice fabric, great colour, and well made.

My only 'complaint' would be that I wish there was an adjustable shoulder pad attached to the cross body strap; I like to walk the 30 mins to my pilates class and the strap starts to dig in/rub after about 15 mins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 6, 2012
I lovely bag. I use it for yoga and work. It perfect for work, gym and yoga. It's sort of like a duffle bag. I get so many compliments. I have the gray and blue bag. Definitely happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought This As A Gift, And It Was Well-Liked, January 6, 2014
Personally, I would never spend seventy dollars on myself for a bag that was meant to carry a yoga mat and whatever else yoga people yoga with. The recipient of the gift was quite happy with the quality and the storage of the bag though, and in the end, that's all that matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Bag!, September 30, 2013
BC Text (Bakersfield, CA) - See all my reviews
This is such a roomie bag! I constantly keep 3 pairs of yoga pants, 6 shirts, and a pair of sneakers in it, and there is still more room. The top strap even adjusts to fit my 1/2 inch mat. I would recommend this bag to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag!, September 27, 2013
I agree would be nice if strap was padded, but other than that I LOVE this bag. It fits everything I need for hot yoga - clothes, towel, water, flip flops with room to spare and the mat fits perfectly on top. Worth every penny!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just so so, September 24, 2013
This bag needs to have more outside pockets as well as at least two straps to hold the yoga mat more securely. The mat seems to slip around quite a bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, August 15, 2013
For the price offered here (and considering that you can't buy this bag directly from Timbuk2 anymore), this bag is perfect. Timbuk2 products have a reputation for being very durable, and- as with most of their bags- you can fit a lot in this bag. It's also a great design for a yoga bag-- it really holds your mat instead of just suggesting that you place it on top. My only complaint is the lack of inner pockets. There are some small ones, but I was hoping for a larger one to hold dirty clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, August 6, 2013
peakick (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
The bag is a little shorter than the length of your yoga mat but big enough for necessary items. I just wish there was inside zip pockets as well.

Timbuk2 Flow Gym Yoga Tote