5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and utilitarian, and it does the job well
After my Kindle Fire was delivered, I realized that I really needed some kind of a case to protect it when I carried it anywhere. I wanted something that would provide reasonably good protection, easy to open and close, and was inexpensive. The Timbuk2 Kindle Fire Envelope Sleeve appeared to meet those requirements, so I ordered it (FYI, I ordered it in black)...
Published on November 16, 2011 by J. Chambers

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sleeve, but be aware!
This is a nice sturdy sleeve case that will protect your Fire well in most situations, but it is a very tight fit. I have a simple snap on firm plastic cover on my Fire. It only adds about 1 MM in each dimension and is smooth. I can't get it into the sleeve with that modest case on.
Published on December 17, 2011 by Kevin Hardisty

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and utilitarian, and it does the job well, November 16, 2011

I'm very pleased with the Timbuk2. It doesn't provide all the protection that a more rigid cover or case would, but it's a good value for the price, and I think that for occasionally carrying the Fire away from the house, it should be fine. The foam that the sleeve is made from appears to be durable and thick enough to give adequate protection against an accidental bump or a ding.

The velcro flap with two strips of velcro works well, and I actually prefer it to a zipper, which could be broken or stuck. The Fire fits snugly inside, but it slips in and out easily.

If I could change anything about the sleeve, I would have added a short carrying strap, but the outside of the sleeve is textured enough to make it easy to grip.

I noticed that the sleeve is approved by Amazon for use with the Kindle Fire.
--------------------------------------------
Update 9-15-12: The new Kindle Fire HD, 7" model, is a slightly different size/shape, but it will fit in the sleeve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed., November 19, 2011
Love the rugged feel of this sleeve. The nylon seems tough and the stitching is well done. The interior is soft and smooth, as is the lip of the opening; nothing to scratch the screen of my new Fire. The fit is snug and the padding seems sufficient to protect the device from a fall of a few feet. Anything over that and I would worry about the shock of the fall being too much, but this isn't an OtterBox or a LifeProof case so I wouldn't expect complete protection. Besides, I didn't want to spend $80+ to protect a $200 device. This is a well made sleeve that will protect my Fire from weather and normal bumps and shocks. It looks great and feels good in the hand. Exactly what I wanted at a price I was comfortable with.

Updated - After having this for several weeks I have to say that my impression has only gotten better. The texture of the sleeve is very nice in the hand and it looks great. It has done a great job of protecting my Fire since I've had it. The Fire fell off the top of my refrigerator, a fall of about 6 feet, in the case and came through without a scratch. I don't know if it's due to the case or the build quality of the Fire but I'm thrilled it wasn't damaged. My son has also knocked it out of my hand while in the case, a fall of about 3 feet, and it was fine. So I am very happy with this case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sleeve, but be aware!, December 17, 2011
Kevin Hardisty (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I was anxious to get some protection for my Fire, but should have waited a bit. If you use your Fire "naked" it is a nice snug fit.
The price just seems high to me for such a simple case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timbuk2 Sleeve for Kindle Fire, November 19, 2011
I received this sleeve before I received my Kindle Fire and thought that it was surely too small. But it fits the Kindle Fire like a glove. It appears to be well made and the fact that I will not have to remove my Kindle Fire at TSA checkpoints makes it a great item. Very nice product.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, November 20, 2011
I really like this envelope sleeve for my kindle fire. I am the worlds worse with dropping stuff. I am on my second kindle because i dropped the first one after 3 months of owning it and just dropped my laptop after 4 months. So when I got this Kindle Fire as an early Christmas gift, the first thing I did was purchase this sleeve. It is padded really well and I feel safe with my new Kindle Fire in it. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality sleeve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Nexus 7, July 25, 2012
Like another reviewer, I ordered this case for my Nexus 7. The N7 is a tiny bit longer than the Fire, so the fit is snug but that's probably a good thing. It is certainly easy enough to get in and out of the case, and this case offers excellent protection for the Nexus while bouncing around in my pack. It will only work if your Nexus 7 doesn't have any other sort of case on it - if you put a silicone skin or anything else on it, it would be too tight. I looked at all the cases available locally (Fry's, etc.) and couldn't find anything else that felt this protective, so I'm very happy with the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicest Case out there so far, November 23, 2011
I bought this after I returned the Timbuk2 Sleeve - this one is much better. The Kindle Fire fits snuggly and the case seals securely. The case doesn't add too much bulk and provides adequate protection (it's not going to save it from long drops, but definitely will protect it when you drop into another bag.) The case meets my expectations for the Timbuk2 brand in design, quality materials, and construction. If they could have incorporated some sort of stand into the design it would be perfect. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what you pay for.., November 23, 2011
Snug fit, easy opening, durable, reasonably priced. Didn't want to pay $45 for the Marware one. Plus this one is perfect for me as much as I plan on carrying it places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Perfectly, November 20, 2011
So I love Timbuk2 products therefore I purchased this envelope. Protects my Kindle Fire perfectly and of course fits with no problem what so ever. Love it and the colors they offer!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Serendipity? Great for Nexus 7!, August 9, 2012
I ordered this with a bit of misgivings seeing that it was made for the Kindle Fire. I have a Kindle Fire and a Nexus 7. The Kindle Fire is thicker, so I was wondering how good the fit would be. Well, the Fire is thicker, but the Nexus is a hair longer. The net result is that the fit is perfect.

Could there be more padding? Maybe, but I wouldn't want it. More padding means thicker. I might be concerned if I needed to use my Nexus 7 as a frizbee, but for normal use, carrying the Nexus 7 around in a briefcase, suitcase, or backpack, it seems just right.

Anyone who wants plush and memory foam might consider Timbuk2 Kindle Fire Plush Sleeve with Memory Foam for impact absorption, Grey/Lime